General Bombers Talk More talk of changing the logo. Post your thoughts here.

What should we do with the logo?

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Letter from the President: Brand research project​

President Dave Barham provides an update on the club's brand research project.
By essendonfc.com.au - 1 hr ago

To all our Fans and Members,

The Essendon Football Club has a proud history as one of the oldest clubs in the AFL and we have a strong recognisable brand.

We are conducting a preliminary research project which centres around the Essendon brand and its elements.

The research project is in its early phase. Members and supporters have been and will continue to be canvassed as part of this process, in addition to the engagement of multiple Essendon Football Club stakeholders.

We have a proud history of more than 150 years and a deep connection to our members and supporters. This is and will always be respected and embraced.

There is no immediate action to change the club logo or any elements of the club brand. This is a longer-term project with significant work to be completed.

We proudly recognise that our future legacy begins with our proud history.

We will always be called the Bombers.

- Dave Barham

I don't want you to do anything to it godammit! Its perfect the way it is!!! :)

Its way too late for that sort of thinking (Guitar Hero World Tour).

s**t.. you even get a Bluray player.. I suck. :(

But I wanna do something to it. It's begging to have a shield and red sash and other stuff done to it. Like close ups and profiles.

Good thing about ps3 is it's region-free games. When the Aus dollar was up there, it was cheaper getting games from ebay....or many games release in the States that dont here, so you could buy them thru ebay. Online is also free.

In the end, really having both you cant go wrong.

But I wanna do something to it. It's begging to have a shield and red sash and other stuff done to it. Like close ups and profiles.

Aaaaghugh.. okay I'll keep looking purely for interest sake. Its here somewhere.. I'll conduct a top to bottom search tomorrow.

Good thing about ps3 is it's region-free games. When the Aus dollar was up there, it was cheaper getting games from ebay....or many games release in the States that dont here, so you could buy them thru ebay.

Not anymore though..:(

Online is also free.

I know.. I've just been through that fiasco too. xbox live sux s**t. All I wanted to do was play divx through the 360 and that's where all my problems started.

In the end, really having both you cant go wrong.

I'd NEVER get it past the missus..

Picture4.png

Aaaaghugh.. okay I'll keep looking purely for interest sake. Its here somewhere.. I'll conduct a top to bottom search tomorrow.

You're a champ.

I'd NEVER get it past the missus..

Stuff like that is eeaaaaaaaaaasy to achieve. Just gotta push the right buttons, smoothie, charmer....or.....arms on hips in demand if that fails.

You do great work, tambu. That is awesome.

Cheers.
Now you've just got to rally the club to adopt it (and the art deco one for anzac day clash) !!

agreed. this one's much closer to the mark. nice work gg.

...and the idea of using the art deco one for the anzac day clash is brilliant. what a terrific way to distinguish the match itself and the importance of the day. i don't know much about planes, but the kind of plane used in the logo then will be very important.

what would the pies have though?

agreed. this one's much closer to the mark. nice work gg.

...and the idea of using the art deco one for the anzac day clash is brilliant. what a terrific way to distinguish the match itself and the importance of the day. i don't know much about planes, but the kind of plane used in the logo then will be very important.

what would the pies have though?

Thanks.
The anzac idea you can credit Essendon2008 for the suggestion.
It's a winner with the art deco badge.

As for Collingwood? I'm not sure. They would wear their traditional white strip and perhaps use an older badge they once wore back in the 40's-50's? Or maybe one could design a special anzac day badge (in the same art deco kinda feel) especially for that match?

That wouldnt be too hard if I had some google images of old magpies logos and images to play around with.

Thanks.
The anzac idea you can credit Essendon2008 for the suggestion.
It's a winner with the art deco badge.

As for Collingwood? I'm not sure. They would wear their traditional white strip and perhaps use an older badge they once wore back in the 40's-50's? Or maybe one could design a special anzac day badge (in the same art deco kinda feel) especially for that match?

That wouldnt be too hard if I had some google images of old magpies logos and images to play around with.

there are plenty of images of old club badges on ebay... i don't know why i can't copy/paste images onto the thread replies though? when i paste it doesn't appear

To post images...

Here's the address of the full image itself....

http://www.freewebs.com/footballmanagment/Collingwood Logo.bmp

to make it appear you need to put
right at the end after the bmp part. No spaces either side.

So when you do that you would see this...

Collingwood%20Logo.bmp

Quote this post and you will see the format used.

Remember, to make images show you need the full address of the actual image (meaning when you click the link above it displays the actual image alone, no web content etc. You'll know this because the link should end with something like .jpg or .gif or .bmp or .png rather than .html

That's only if you didn't know about the

A clenched fist, a crow needing to be stuffed? hmmm.

But seriously, the whole fist and lightning bolt thing is awful.

Come up with some other imagery related to "power", or totally redesign it i'm not fussy to see what the essendon people could come up with.

stanger.jpg

The fist isn't very popular is it?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Any inspiration for a starting point? Eg Some images/icons you would like to see?

I dont wanna influence it. Im too close to Port that I'd only think of the usual things. I want the perspective of an outsider who'll think outside the box, come up with their own imagery. Feel free to go the traditional route or a different route.

So you guys feel free to experiment. I'll definitely post the best ones made on the Port board and see what they think. Should stir a lot of discussion.

Looks good Tambu. The more I look at it the more i like it:thumbsu:

I'd like to see the words 'Football Club' underneath the ESSENDON though..

Wow that is REALLY impressive and extremely professional looking Tambu...I'd love to see something like that adopted as a new logo.

There's been some awesome designs throughout the thread, gg-love your work mate...that Anzac Day badge design is really bloody good too :thumbsu:

I like our current logo but I wouldn't mind seeing a few changes. I don't particularly like the Essendon font as it is now and the plane could look a bit more sinister IMO.

To post images...

Here's the address of the full image itself....

http://www.freewebs.com/footballmanagment/Collingwood Logo.bmp

to make it appear you need to put
right at the end after the bmp part. No spaces either side.

So when you do that you would see this...

Collingwood%20Logo.bmp

Quote this post and you will see the format used.

Remember, to make images show you need the full address of the actual image (meaning when you click the link above it displays the actual image alone, no web content etc. You'll know this because the link should end with something like .jpg or .gif or .bmp or .png rather than .html

That's only if you didn't know about the tags. If you do but they're still not showing, perhaps it's your browser settings. Like blocking images or whatever.[/quote]

okay, so here's my test run then gg.

[IMG]file:///C:/DOCUME%7E1/RODERI%7E1/LOCALS%7E1/Temp/moz-screenshot-3.jpg
Collingwood80s.png

mmmm... so after i tried to copy and paste the image itself, and it didn't come up, i altered the address the way i perceived that you meant..

i'm missing something here i think...

tambu yours looks quite nice, however IMO excessive use of gradient can look a little unprofessional. The only issue i have is the font and the overall darkness of the logo.

I am having huge computer issues at the moment, including no photoshop, scanner and my phone doesnt seem to want to transfer the image to the computer...

I have done just a little sketch of a logo. It is very simple, rough(due to the lack of technology and time) but i will post it up soon, and hopefully those of you who have photoshop or illustrator can clean it up a little bit :thumbsu:

Back