General Bombers Talk More talk of changing the logo. Post your thoughts here.

What should we do with the logo?

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Letter from the President: Brand research project​

President Dave Barham provides an update on the club's brand research project.
By essendonfc.com.au - 1 hr ago

To all our Fans and Members,

The Essendon Football Club has a proud history as one of the oldest clubs in the AFL and we have a strong recognisable brand.

We are conducting a preliminary research project which centres around the Essendon brand and its elements.

The research project is in its early phase. Members and supporters have been and will continue to be canvassed as part of this process, in addition to the engagement of multiple Essendon Football Club stakeholders.

We have a proud history of more than 150 years and a deep connection to our members and supporters. This is and will always be respected and embraced.

There is no immediate action to change the club logo or any elements of the club brand. This is a longer-term project with significant work to be completed.

We proudly recognise that our future legacy begins with our proud history.

We will always be called the Bombers.

- Dave Barham

Not feeling it. Feels like something Melbourne-ish or something designed in 1872. Hopefully we move well away from that design after the 150-year anniversary.

Isn't the point that it looks like something designed in 1872?

Isn't the point that it looks like something designed in 1872?

Yep

"The 150-year anniversary logo is an embodiment of the previous eight-known versions of the club’s logo which have appeared on annual reports, player contracts, membership tickets and countless items of memorabilia.

The 150-year anniversary logo aims to strike a chord and resonate with different generations of Dons fans who’ve supported the club under various logos throughout their red and black supporter life and to encapsulate the entire club’s journey across the decades."

"The logo is a collage of some of the club’s most notable designs. The flags which flank and mirror either side of the body is a nod to the 1900-1970 period of the club’s existence.

The centrepiece is a shield from the early-1920s, which also possess a hint of the iconic retro shield logo from the 1990s, while the base sits a scroll seen in Essendon’s logo during the 1946-1971 period.

The layered ‘EFC’ symbol which is the centrepiece of the commemorative logo was drawn from one of the earliest club logo designs in 1910."

Not feeling it. Feels like something Melbourne-ish or something designed in 1872. Hopefully we move well away from that design after the 150-year anniversary.

If you see MFC’s Cetacean Blue and Fire Engine Red then you might want to get your eyes checked for colour blindness

(Log in to remove this ad.)

👆This version looks 1000x better!
The current monogram proposed is honestly embarrassingly bad.
I think people are just celebrating change for the sake of change at this point.

I really like the current monogram. It's clean and simple.

One change I'd make moving forward is to make the right flag the same as the left to make it more consistent. I also wouldn't mind removing the flags completely and keeping the crest.

I'd also make the cream coloured banner black with Essendon F.C. in red or the banner red with the writing in black.

I really like the current monogram. It's clean and simple.

One change I'd make moving forward is to make the right flag the same as the left to make it more consistent. I also wouldn't mind removing the flags completely and keeping the crest.

I'd also make the cream coloured banner black with Essendon F.C. in red or the banner red with the writing in black.
I dont mind the flags being asymmetrical - one is the sash and the other is the scarf 😊 if the sash was on the right it would be back to front 🤔

I dont mind the flags being asymmetrical - one is the sash and the other is the scarf 😊 if the sash was on the right it would be back to front 🤔
I think one of our other logos had one sash the right way and the other sash back to front. So maybe something like that!

I really like the current one though so it's only a minor change.

Back