General Bombers Talk More talk of changing the logo. Post your thoughts here.

What should we do with the logo?

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Letter from the President: Brand research project​

President Dave Barham provides an update on the club's brand research project.
By essendonfc.com.au - 1 hr ago

To all our Fans and Members,

The Essendon Football Club has a proud history as one of the oldest clubs in the AFL and we have a strong recognisable brand.

We are conducting a preliminary research project which centres around the Essendon brand and its elements.

The research project is in its early phase. Members and supporters have been and will continue to be canvassed as part of this process, in addition to the engagement of multiple Essendon Football Club stakeholders.

We have a proud history of more than 150 years and a deep connection to our members and supporters. This is and will always be respected and embraced.

There is no immediate action to change the club logo or any elements of the club brand. This is a longer-term project with significant work to be completed.

We proudly recognise that our future legacy begins with our proud history.

We will always be called the Bombers.

- Dave Barham

I don't think we've actually changed our official logo. Neither our website nor the AFL website recognise it.

I think it's just a one year thing.
Seems like it yeah. Maybe they want to rehabilitate the existing logo as a success and not just have it associated with the saga..

Im with the OP on this. I would totally be on board with a logo change from:

WW2 firebombing civilian killing machine
->
firefighting Water Bomber

Much more Aussie, much more meaningful. Pro community, pro teamwork. They look cool. We keep the same name. Honours our firefighters. AND we would in principal have to learn to play in the wet

Success breeds sentiment towards a logo.

I still love the 80's logo supported by the Nubrik badge but we were successful when I was an impressionable 8year old kid when we took the 84 flag.

In 2001/02 timeframe I considered getting a logo tatt on my left shoulder blade (right was occupied). I still love that logo and wouldn't be regretting it if i got the tatt.

We've had such a drought that supporters are wanting something to link to success, and logos of the era are key to that.

I will say we should never change from the Bombers though. Can you imagine Arsenal, for example, not being the Gunners. Sometimes it's a moniker that speaks of history of a region/city/suburb, sometimes that history should never be forgotten.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

20180628001351594433-original.jpg

Did I imagine this or was it going to be a trimmed up version of the 150th year one?
Officially its meant to be a one year thing and then reverting back (in-house design as well). But they have been using it alot even without the 150 years lettering.

Back