Review It was 20 years ago today...............

Remove this Banner Ad

The 96 team was my favorite from the 90's and i think it would have been to stong for the 99 team, although both would smash this years premiers.

98 was my most disapointing day at the footy, but i will always remember being on the boundry watching Muhammad Ali do a lap of honor around the MCG.

I only just got my weg framed 2 months ago, never to late uber roo. 20190823_224810.jpg

I was 3 years old. Not properly sentient yet. I hope to god I get to see another one.

Good you never lived through the horror that Bugsy Malone brings up which was the worst footy experience of being on this planet in 51 years

Its been far too long.
f9d630d1227f5251878ad99aff53eb35538b50284c1eef91794415bae310578d.jpg

(Log in to remove this ad.)

The 96 team was my favorite from the 90's and i think it would have been to stong for the 99 team, although both would smash this years premiers.

98 was my most disapointing day at the footy, but i will always remember being on the boundry watching Muhammad Ali do a lap of honor around the MCG.

I only just got my weg framed 2 months ago, never to late uber roo.View attachment 753282

You’ve inspired me mate
It’s come up a treat, well done

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

All I knew of North was the 90s back then.. I remember pondering in the shower (sorry this isn't going to be sexual TT) in early 2000 "what if we don't win anything for the next 20+ years? Would I want to know now or just let it all play out?"

Not to worry though that thought seemed too absurd to contemplate at length. All I'd known was finals and being the winning team on any given day. Another flag if not 2 seemed an optimistic but not unrealistic target.

How very, very wrong this assumption was to be... :(
When Lou Bega released 'Premiership No 4' he repeatedly referenced going after number 5 and I vividly remember confidently we'd be up there again.
20 years later still waiting.

Hoping this doesn't mean we'll win our next Premiership when I'm sixty-four.

Nah, I reckon our list is clearly getting better. It's getting better all the time.

Well I was 2 so I've only ever known us to have an above average team at best, but never been contenders. I'd happily sit through 94 and 98 if it meant that I got to experience 96 and 99. Very jealous because that was one of the great footy sides and the last great team that we had.

The prelims were mostly without a chance unfortunately. The one in Perth we were half a chance, but even if the umpiring didn't kill us, and we somehow snatched it in the last quarter, I still highly doubt we would have been any chance against Hawthorn that year. So in other words, for 20 years I don't reckon we've been a legitimate chance to win it. And that's far too long.

We would have ripped Hawthorn a new one that year.

I was 3 years old. Not properly sentient yet. I hope to god I get to see another one.

Well I was 2 so I've only ever known us to have an above average team at best, but never been contenders. I'd happily sit through 94 and 98 if it meant that I got to experience 96 and 99. Very jealous because that was one of the great footy sides and the last great team that we had.

Have tried to get an understanding from guys in your bracket before - does the 90s north team seem like ancient history to you? Or does it feel relevant because the footage is pretty modern, you're on a forum that discusses it a lot etc?

When I was getting into it in the 90s, the 70s were clearly recalled by north supporters as a fantastic era but felt distant and mythical to me.

Have tried to get an understanding from guys in your bracket before - does the 90s north team seem like ancient history to you? Or does it feel relevant because the footage is pretty modern, you're on a forum that discusses it a lot etc?

When I was getting into it in the 90s, the 70s were clearly recalled by north supporters as a fantastic era but felt distant and mythical to me.

As someone in their mid/late 20s during the 90s the 70's seemed the same way to me. I remember them but only just and it wasn't quite the same as what was happening right there and then.

I sat outside the G before the game and I must have gone through half a pack of darts in the hour preceding. After the horrors of 98, I was so *ing tense.

I enjoyed the lead up to 96 more. I was relaxed. Losing never crossed my mind at all before that game.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I sat outside the G before the game and I must have gone through half a pack of darts in the hour preceding. After the horrors of 98, I was so f*n tense.

I enjoyed the lead up to 96 more. I was relaxed. Losing never crossed my mind at all before that game.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
but there was no 1998 Grand Final....

Remove this Banner Ad

Back