It was a bad day for the "whipping boy" crew

Remove this Banner Ad

If that's the case then how did a project player with 2 preseasons out of 9 years manage to stay on the list?

It’s not like he has just 2 preseasons, it’s just that a lot them have been interrupted. When he has played in Both AFL and VFL he has shown the talent he possesses. He was great in the last final we played, a game where he was one of a few that stood up. Fact is Daws best is better than anyone else that is pushing for selection.

I don’t want JZ sacked, I want him traded. We are not going to improve greatly with 1 or 2 draft picks. Just about every other team will have a first rounder, some 2. This draft is deep so there won’t be as much difference between picks 12 and 3. They’ll both be talented. We need multiply picks in the first round as there is only one way to do that, trade for them.

I’m interested, how do you think we can improve our list? Keep doing what we are doing?? You’ve always been accepting of the shyte that keeps getting dished up.

So you dont want him sacked as Captain?

Do i have to go back and trawl through his thread and re read your posts?

Wat do I want to do to improve?

- Goldy out Preuss in.

-JZ forward.

- Jy and LDU rotate through centre for 2018.

- Hrovat out.

- Wood and Garner in

- Wright back in.

- stick Turner at feet of BBB.

- Daw plays Vfl for rest of 2018 and Mackay and Durdin get a run.

- pick the team on merit like Scotts predicted pre season.

Unlike your fine self and your two trick pony routine of Scotts and JZ, i continually query on here the shyte that gets served up, win or lose.

- Goldy out Preuss in.

-JZ forward.

- Hrovat out.

- Wood and Garner in

- Wright back in.

Unlike your fine self and your two trick pony routine of Scotts and JZ, i continually query on here the shyte that gets served up, win or lose.
Ha ha, you want a team picked on merit but you want to drop Goldy for Preuss and you want Wood in. LOL ******* LOL!

You’ve dropped 1 player and added 3. Of course a team of 24 will do well but so think we might get in trouble.

And you hang your hopes on a Garner, a guy that can’t string 5 games together. You want JZ up forward and Wood, Garner and Turner in, with Jy rotating through the middle (so presumable playing up forward as well). So that gives us BB, Turner, JZ, Wood, Garner playing forward with Higgo, Cunners, JY, W8, Atley and Anderson all rotating through 1 spot?

Brilliant!!

Ha ha, you want a team picked on merit but you want to drop Goldy for Preuss and you want Wood in. LOL ******* LOL!

You’ve dropped 1 player and added 3. Of course a team of 24 will do well but so think we might get in trouble.

And you hang your hopes on a Garner, a guy that can’t string 5 games together. You want JZ up forward and Wood, Garner and Turner in, with Jy rotating through the middle (so presumable playing up forward as well). So that gives us BB, Turner, JZ, Wood, Garner playing forward with Higgo, Cunners, JY, W8, Atley and Anderson all rotating through 1 spot?

Brilliant!!

Next time I will remember to write to your equivalent 1000 word thesis on my Ins and Outs.

Deep.

Last edited:
How many more inside 50s did the Dees have? Whose fault is that?
It’s the midfields fault. But it doesn’t absolve defenders from being shithouse.

There are always going to be entries that can’t be defended, I am talking about the entries that came in poorly and still our defenders were horrible.

What does a F50 entry have to do with a player inability to tackle, falling over and poor decision making?

This is going around in circles. Let’s blame the midfield for global warming while we are at it. Just because your midfield is poor, it doesn’t justify the above points. Yes they get a pass mark when the ball comes in and can’t be stopped, but you are kidding yourself if you believe Melbourne’s forwards had silver service on Saturday. Yes they had plenty of opportunities but the delivery inside F50 wasn’t that great.

- Goldy out Preuss in.

-JZ forward.

- Hrovat out.

- Wood and Garner in

- Wright back in.

Do we actually have enough footballers to facilitate all those changes?

Folks were well and truly warned that this season was going to be a hard grind and now they are reaching for the life boats as if that is going to fix the problem.

Do we actually have enough footballers to facilitate all those changes?

Folks were well and truly warned that this season was going to be a hard grind and now they are reaching for the life boats as if that is going to fix the problem.

KT wanted ideas.

I am an ideas type of guy.

One things for sure though, there are more than his two broken records.

Don't post angry. :stern look

dontdriveangry.jpg

Last edited:
If that's the case then how did a project player with 2 preseasons out of 9 years manage to stay on the list with a 3 year contract?

His contract extension came off the back of four goals in a final where very few other players turned up.

His contract extension came off the back of four goals in a final where very few other players turned up.

Yep. 1 match.

The following season he had been worked out by opposition coaches.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Hrovat and Turner have to be the outs. Turner just doesnt do enough... yes he runs a lot but he doesn't impact the scoreboard or swings the game at all. Might as well have a Commonwealth game athlete with a GPS running around in our top.

Well the tide is turning this week- well In think it's the tide that has turned, will hand over to George to explain as he was Captain of America so is smarter than I...

So we have two wins against two sides with one win collectively after eight goes at it.

The next six weeks will be fascinating viewing. Looking forward to taking on the very best of a fairly poor competition.

The "JMac can't/won't tackle" comment is the interesting one to me.

People seem to overlook that he on average gets the same amount of tackles as our other defenders.

If JMac is so bad, where's the heat on LMac, Tarrant, Marley, Atley, Thompson?

We play a style of game where our midfielders are the ones that are supposed to tackle and prevent it from getting near our defenders, once it reaches the back 50 it's usually too late with how we structure up.

If Jmac is still pulling out the same numbers as other defenders, but top 3'ing stuff like 1%ers, Meters gained, Rebound 50's/Running bounces, Intercepts, it indicates to me that he is doing just as much work down back as the other defenders, but is also crucial in starting our chains of forward pressure.

Turnovers are definitely an issue, tries to do too much with it at times, but the tackle complaints are just a joke at this point really.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back