Universal Love IT WAS FUN NOT HAVING A LID IN 2019 - BUT GWS AND RICHMOND NAILED THE 2020 LID BACK ON

Is the Lid now “OFFICIALLY” off?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

WHO BLEW THE LID OFF?
1559901891573.png

Round 11 Brisbane defeats Hawthorn and JARRYD LYONS SAYS “GIMME THAT LID” BEFORE SENDING IT INTO ORBIT! Members of the Over 50’s Clique are struggling to think of a player who has turned his career around more dramatically than Jarryd Lyons. In what has been the RECRUITING COUP OF THE CENTURY, Brisbane has robbed Gold Coast blind. Against Hawthorn, Lyons amassed 33 disposals, had a team high 13 contested possessions, gained a team high 542 metres and had another team high 9 inside 50’s. ALL OF THIS HAD LIONS SUPPORTERS SAYING DAYNE WHO?

JARRYD LYONS IS A LOCK FOR A TOP 5 B&F FINISH AND AT THIS STAGE HE IS EQUAL FAVOURITE TO WIN “THE GOLDEN LID” WHICH WILL BE AWARDED AT THE END OF THE SEASON!

Last edited:

Lidson Lidsov - the new most talked about Lion.

Other teams go to Ireland or the US for their imports ... not everyone has the foresight to go out and get such an inspirational Russian! Fun fact ... his father was a Cosmonaut and his mother was a gymnast.

Sproj

Club Legend
Oct 18, 2017
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
Other teams go to Ireland or the US for their imports ... not everyone has the foresight to go out and get such an inspirational Russian! Fun fact ... his father was a Cosmonaut and his mother was a gymnast.

Hence the constant confusion about lid location - in space or the local area.

Sausages

HIGH PRIEST IN THE TEMPLE OF GG/SNSD
Feb 27, 2007
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
Other Teams
Luton Town
MY LID REMAINS OFF.

You can all borrow the storage space.

No charge - COZ THAT'S WHAT LIONS DO :D

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Jun 27, 2017
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
True but we’ve been very inconsistent after that fast start.

We were inconsistent during our fast start as well. We fell five goals behind West Coast in the first. We were down two goals in the fourth to both North and Port. It’s not like we haven’t played like this all season, they just went our way earlier this season.

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

Samiam_98

One Club Playa
Aug 27, 2018
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
Other Teams
Philadelphia 76ers
After the Carlton game it's hard to imagine us winning another away game for the rest of the season. Seriously it's like we're wearing kryptonite when we're not playing at the Gabba. Before today I was feeling 60% certain we'll make finals, now i'm feeling it's 40%. We need huge scalp on the road to make finals. A win against either GWS, Geelong or Richmond would be awesome.

Win
Round 15 - Melbourne (Gabba)
Round 18 - North Melbourne (Gabba)
Round 20 - Bulldogs (Gabba)
Round 21 - Gold Coast (Gabba)

Lose
Round 16 - GWS (GIA)
Round 22 - Geelong (Gabba)
Round 23 - Richmond (MCG)

50/50 (slightly pessimistic)
Round 14 - St Kilda (Marvel)
Round 17 - Port Adelaide (Adelaide Oval)
Round 19 - Hawthorn (Launceston)

Last edited:

Sausages

HIGH PRIEST IN THE TEMPLE OF GG/SNSD
Feb 27, 2007
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
Other Teams
Luton Town
True but we’ve been very inconsistent after that fast start.

And that's a fair point mate - we are still developing the mindset of a genuinely good team. It will come in time.

Our gains this year are clear - now it's about how to perform, week in, week out to a high standard over 4 quarters.

This is why my LID REMAINS OFF. I think we will do pretty well after the bye. I don't expect us to be Top 4 and I also think we'll go out pretty smartly in the finals. But I'm as confident as ever that we will be Top 8.

Primed for 2020 :D

And that's a fair point mate - we are still developing the mindset of a genuinely good team. It will come in time.

Our gains this year are clear - now it's about how to perform, week in, week out to a high standard over 4 quarters.

This is why my LID REMAINS OFF. I think we will do pretty well after the bye. I don't expect us to be Top 4 and I also think we'll go out pretty smartly in the finals. But I'm as confident as ever that we will be Top 8.

Primed for 2020 :D
My lid remains OFF but only because I can’t find it. I think I blasted it too far into deep space. That said, perhaps I won’t need it, because after a fairly ordinary month at the selection table, getting done by the bottom side has to be a massive wake up call to Fagan. I think we will see a different approach to team selection from here.

M Malice

Hall of Famer
Aug 31, 2015
By the Gabba.
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
Other Teams
Valleys. Chelsea.
https://www.google.com.au/amp/s/cou...n/news-story/4bda74a0b7f8414c86fb99a032737dc1
My lid might go on if I can find it. If Fagan thinks finishing in the bottom 50% of the competition and not making finals comes close to a “pass mark” we have all got too far ahead of ourselves.
God that's a gross quote from fages.

Aspiring to mediocrity is never ok. Hope the talk is very different inside the club.
That article is from February, hardly think a team coming off 2 consecutive 5 win seasons should be bullish publicly re top 8 chances before a ball is bounced. I'm sure internally Fagan, Noble and co have quietly reassessed our season goals as the year has progressed.

That article is from February, hardly think a team coming off 2 consecutive 5 win seasons should be bullish publicly re top 8 chances before a ball is bounced. I'm sure internally Fagan, Noble and co have quietly reassessed our season goals as the year has progressed.

Oh lol ignore. Thought that was from this week or something.

What are we pulling this **** out for?
It’s from the pre-season!
Chris Fagan has always been about continual improvement. And that is what the article is about!
I’m wondering what the clubs success measure is this season. I spent ages looking and this is all I could find. There was an article about Zorko and golf and believing we could make the eight and that was it. Do people believe that we are now aiming higher and that making the eight constitutes a ‘pass mark?’

jackess

Cancelled
30k Posts 10k Posts
Aug 10, 2005
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
I’m wondering what the clubs success measure is this season. I spent ages looking and this is all I could find. There was an article about Zorko and golf and believing we could make the eight and that was it. Do people believe that we are now aiming higher and that making the eight constitutes a ‘pass mark?’

Surely you've followed enough footy to know clubs don't tend to talk about finals until much later in the season.

Back