Movie IT

Remove this Banner Ad

Approaching a weird territory here. Unlike the remakes of Nightmare on Elm St and Friday the 13th, this movie looks certain to be superior to the 1990 version. However the horror hipster in me wants the 1990 one to still be the king, but I'm also hype city for this and want it to be awesome. Just going to have to swallow the hipsterness and get taken away on the hype train because s**t it looks good.

Approaching a weird territory here. Unlike the remakes of Nightmare on Elm St and Friday the 13th, this movie looks certain to be superior to the 1990 version. However the horror hipster in me wants the 1990 one to still be the king, but I'm also hype city for this and want it to be awesome. Just going to have to swallow the hipsterness and get taken away on the hype train because s**t it looks good.

I think this one certainly has been writing, direction and cinematography.

I believe the cast of kids they've picked will be great aswell though the kids in the 1990 version were mostly fine, I liked them all besides Beverly, though I didn't think the girl was a bad actress... I just hated how she was written.

Pennywise is going to be completely subjective - I feel like people who have read the book will prefer Bill Skarsgard. I watched the mini-series again and Tim Curry really is very good, but the new Pennywise is so much more like what he was described as in the book.

I really hope they make the adults more likeable this time.

Got to see it at the advance screening last week.

Absolutely loved it, the more I sat and thought about it too the better it became in my mind as well.

Skarsgard plays Pennywise incredibly well, there's no way you would think some young mid-20's guy is playing Pennywise.

The Losers are really well cast as well, Richie is phenomenal and the kid playing him plays a very different role to his character on Stranger Things.

Definitely exceeded my expectations going in, really feels like a 'Stand By Me' horror movie. It's also way funnier than you'd expect it to be.

Will try and go back during its run as well as I want to see it again that much!

Got to see it at the advance screening last week.

Absolutely loved it, the more I sat and thought about it too the better it became in my mind as well.

Skarsgard plays Pennywise incredibly well, there's no way you would think some young mid-20's guy is playing Pennywise.

The Losers are really well cast as well, Richie is phenomenal and the kid playing him plays a very different role to his character on Stranger Things.

Definitely exceeded my expectations going in, really feels like a 'Stand By Me' horror movie. It's also way funnier than you'd expect it to be.

Will try and go back during its run as well as I want to see it again that much!

Going tonight cant wait.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

watched it today, went with my partner. she thought it was too long, i thought it was too short but that's probably the effect of reading the book.
i liked it but thought there was a certain... thinness to it. as far as the adaption went, there was the bare minimum of all the elements and no more.
cinema was also pretty rowdy and some slapper seemed intent on having a stand-up conversation in front of me until i told her to get out of the way, and her kids were up and down the aisle the whole ******* movie.

Pretty keen to see this, missus won't go near it though.

Mrs who is a horror movie fan couldn't handle this has a phobia of clowns, seriously sat with her head down for majority.

Almost felt guilty making her go, almost.

I loved it. Not really big on horror movies generally. Didn't find this scary really but thought the story was great. Losers were done well. Was very stranger things which is definitely not a bad thing.

Went to see it again today, enjoyed it even more on the second viewing.

Picked up on a few more things and really got to enjoy every scene for what it was.

Such a well made movie, hopefully the second one comes along soon and can keep the momentum gained by this one.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back