ITS A RITUAL, & ONE WORTH DOING

Remove this Banner Ad

dee_girl9

Premiership Player
Jan 20, 2001
don't know. Too drunk to know, too pissed to care!
Other Teams
Melbourne ...HELLO i mean how easy?
When we take up the job of suporting a footy team there is so much that goes into it. there is some many decisions that have to be made, decisions that could mar u for the rest of your life. you have to know what exactly drew u to the club u support, and what makes them better than every other team, in the comp. You also have to decide on who your fave player is going to be, and y (there r 5 simple rules to follow when u work that out)
You also have to realise that going to the footy is like preparing for battle. it is your duty as a supporter or member of that club, that u go to as many games as possible. (unless u have a perfectly good reason. like u live interstate) You should have an itinery worked out, and it will more than likely take u all day to get ready.

Things that u need to take to the footy with u include the following : camera (take those snaps of the boys in action) a pen (to do the kids puzzles in the record
wink.gif
) rug - if its a night game or you go to footy park cos they have aluminium seats and even when it is 30 degrees the seats r still frozen. u HAVE TO WEAR YOUR GUERNSEY TO THE GAME !!! you cannot under any circumstances have it in your bag until u get to the ground, cos it shows that u r gutless, and that u cant take the ribbing that u MIGHT get from opposition supporters on the way to the ground. its harmless and part of the ritual.

when u get to the ground, u have to suss out where your fellow supporters r, so u can callfor back up if it starts to get nasty. altho most of the time its your own fault if it is. as soon as the guys run out onto the ground, u have to start cheering, and you r only allowed to stop at the 1/4 1/2 and 3/4 time breaks. u sing the club song at the beginning and the end of the song (basically whenever its on the loud speakers) and try to sing along with every one else ,cos everyone can hear u when u out on sync with everyone else.

You as a supporter have the right to yell words of encouragement or abuse (hopefully the former more than the latter) to the player that u deem as most suitable to have their number emblazoned on the back of your jumper. Thats right your favourite player. He is the one that u defend when everyone bags him, praises him when he does something good. Your job as his supporter is to tell the world what an excellent player he is. it is you responsibility. Now when u chose this fave player there has to be reason behind it. it has to follow these basic guidelines

1. he has to have been at the club more than two years. just to secure his future

2. it can not soley be based on good looks (DOH!!! i hear some of u say. HA HA)

3. There has to be something about him that has inspired u when u have seen him play. here r some examples - Schwarta - for his courageous comebacks time and time again, and the way he goes all out every week Farmer for his absolute wizardry in front of goals, and so on and so on. u get my drift.

4. u have to keep that number on your back until that player retires or is delisted, traded etc. even if he is not doing to well, and there is someone else that catches your eye, u have to wait until he's gone.

5. and like i have already mentioned. Wearing this number gives u the right to freely express you opnion about that player, any time any where. u let the world know that he is your favourite player.

It seems like its a hard job, but it is all worth it. trust me
wink.gif

Chow
biggrin.gif

------------------
I would like to say that i believe in God and i believe in karma. why i exist beats the %$#^ out of me !!!

[This message has been edited by dee_girl9 (edited 13 April 2001).]

pft, hard work??? what are you talking about? its just about the best job in the world!
smile.gif

Few things though... i DO NOT wear my gurnsey to games as it is precious to me and while i abuse opposition i usually get chips thrown at me so even a hint of tomatoe souce will ruin the whole bloody thing... so basically no bloody way am i wearing it to the footy
biggrin.gif

Another thing is i do more than stand up for my fave player... i bash up people who bag him... watch out
eek.gif

Basically i know excatly why i support melbourne and why robbo is my fave player but its late and i'v been up since 7 this morning after sleeping maybe 4 hours so i won't start on why!

so i guess there is only one thing left to say...
GO DEES!
smile.gif

------------------
Footy. It was just a sport.
But now it's also a business.
However, according to the fans it's a religion,where the people rule!

The Mighty Melbourne Demons- My passion, My obsession!

I don't wear a footy jumper to the footy. I guess that takes me out off dee girl's calculation's already. I do do most of the other things though.

------------------
The Melbourne Football Club: Tradition, Heritage, Excitement

DeeGirl 9
Buy a jersey (rugby talk) to have just for the games, thus you can still have your good one for keeping.
One thing I have noticed since going to watch League and Storm is how passionate Storm supporters are and most of them wear their jerseys or at least some merchandise...something a lot of Melb. supporters do NOT DO. That's one thing I would love to change about our club, especially those MCC members (I have a bee in my bonnet about them).
I love doing all the other things you mentioned..its no chore at all!!
Cheers
GO DEMONS
GO STORM

Then I must get a big fail. Today I wore no Melbourne merchandise. It was too hot.

------------------

Terry - u have the right to change it now that Gazza's gone.

Dont u even have a dees t shirt dees01. i am seriouslt starting 2 doubt u. LOL
wink.gif

oh well ill b there next week dressed head to toe in red and blue. phew. hope it isnt hot.

------------------
I would like to say that i believe in God and i believe in karma. why i exist beats the %$#^ out of me !!!

Great post Nicki...
i wear my jumper to all the games, on the train on the way, and proudly even after a 100 point loss..IF Eddie McGuire told me to kill for Collingwood i would. I love the club that much.

Its good to see such passion for a team that does cop its fair shair of abuse over 'bandwagoners' however, I can say all the Demons on this board arent those type of supporters.

Great Post.

Here we go again....

It may seem as if all we are doing is picking tonight....however....if people didn't put such poor comments on here.....we wouldn't be having to correct them and defend ourselves and the players.

First of all dee_girl9, unlike you, many people cannot afford several jerseys. They don't come too cheap.

Also being MCC members, I believe, and it was shown today at the game, that the melbourne supporters were wearing just as much club merchandise as what, (I'm supposing you sit in the red seats,) the people around you were wearing. Fact is our club apparel we were wearing (or rather the MCC Melbourne members) was probably brought from the club (where the money actually goes towards the club) rather than from K Mart when there is 15% of storewide.

Pull your head in and don't go around giving crap to people who probably are just as loyal if not more loyal than yourself.

Originally posted by K&K:

First of all dee_girl9, unlike you, many people cannot afford several jerseys. They don't come too cheap.

i never said have more than one jumper thanku. so check your facts before coming on here and saying stuff like that. it is a thread about our jobs as football supporters and what we should do. im not saying that u have to do it. its up to u. geez if u think that it's a poor thread dont post its as simple as that. dont come on here and slag my credibility thanku very much. i have the right to write what i feel, and if u dont like it then u can either reply or not.

This is suppose to be a little hearted story but there is always someone who takes it the wrong way. geez
rolleyes.gif

------------------

Originally posted by dee_girl9:
Dont u even have a dees t shirt dees01. i am seriouslt starting 2 doubt u. LOL
wink.gif

I do but I have to wear a collared shirt where I sit at the football and I have not got a Melbourne shirt witha collar on it.

------------------

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Originally posted by K&K:
[B

Also being MCC members, I believe, and it was shown today at the game, that the melbourne supporters were wearing just as much club merchandise as what, (I'm supposing you sit in the red seats,) the people around you were wearing. Fact is our club apparel we were wearing (or rather the MCC Melbourne members) was probably brought from the club (where the money actually goes towards the club) rather than from K Mart when there is 15% of storewide.

.[/B]

Well said K&K. Agree with you there. There was plenty of red and blue colours there today despite what Ms Storm might think.

------------------

Thankyou dees01.

I apologise dee_girl9, it wasn't u that said that supporters should have several jerseys. I am sorry. However, we were not 'slagging off' at you, simply telling you as it is.

while i dont wear my gurnsey i do have a melbourne official t-shirt (which broke my bank account....bloody hell so expensive!)and i got just about everything red and blue from my drink bottle to my bag to my earings even!
But i think that at the end of the day people will know who you barrack for depending on how loud you scream. Wearing a gurnsey or any other team marchandise won't make a difference to the team thus your passion and i believe that the most important thing in a game is the way cheer and act towards your team!

GO DEES!
smile.gif

------------------
Footy. It was just a sport.
But now it's also a business.
However, according to the fans it's a religion,where the people rule!

The Mighty Melbourne Demons- My passion, My obsession!

Remove this Banner Ad

Back