Autopsy Its a wrap for 2023 Richmond by 13

Remove this Banner Ad

Jesus Christ, is it hard for any of the players to go some genuine passion and care?

Nankervis sends Lloyd into next week and there's no remonstration or fight from any of the players. Softest team/leadership group in the AFL.
I think everyone knows that was unintentional contact to the face, he meant to shoulder him and will cop a week or two but the intent wasn't to hurt or injure. Certainly not half as bad as Wick's effort a few weeks back.

To believe that, you’d have to believe that the spectacle of a superb athlete displaying the rapid decline of his former awesome abilities translates into bums on seats and eyeballs on screens.

No…you’ve missed my point.

its intended as a further punishment to the club - to insist that they eat the ‘boiled lollies’ after feasting on the Chocolate (no colour inference intended)

Instead of Horse being able to shelve him till the last game- they’ve insisted if he’s fit, he plays.

Thats the scuttlebutt - from an 80’s champion.

time to make a call on Buddy. Love him, but his gravity sucks the ball towards him too much, and for a player well past his prime, it's doing the team no favours. Season gone so whats the need for him apart for bums on seats? Better putting the time into Logan, Amartey, and even Buller, they're the future, let them get some chemistry. Fully expect some blowback on this lol.
I think that call is another loss or even two away seeing how we could still make finals with 12.5 games. While I'm happy to develop the list from here on, I doubt that will be the club's stance.

If we beat Dogs, Dockers and Bombers we are right in the mix again as all the teams above us are playing each other and ground can be made up.
After Bombers we have Giants, Suns, Crows & Dees. We need 6 outta 7 games to get into finals with a bit of luck. Crows away shapes as a tough one this year. It wouldn't surprise me to see us win 5-6 of the next 7 games, alternatively it wouldn't surpise if we lost 5. Our best is good enough, though it only seems to come for half a game most weeks this year.

I think Buller coming in for a few - as long as he is doing well in the ressies is a great idea. But Amartey and Logan need a shot at it as a priority.
I'd also like to see Arnold given a game or two to see what he adds and to give him some encouragement - if we are out of finals contention then I don't mind if Rampe is rested to facilitate that.

No…you’ve missed my point.

its intended as a further punishment to the club - to insist that they eat the ‘boiled lollies’ after feasting on the Chocolate (no colour inference intended)

Instead of Horse being able to shelve him till the last game- they’ve insisted if he’s fit, he plays.

Thats the scuttlebutt - from an 80’s champion.
Only marginally less ludicrous.

I think everyone knows that was unintentional contact to the face, he meant to shoulder him and will cop a week or two but the intent wasn't to hurt or injure. Certainly not half as bad as Wick's effort a few weeks back.

100% deliberate contact to the head. Lined him up from miles back. Much more impactful than the Wicks hit. Could easily have broken his jaw

He went the shoulder and collected him high. Intent doesn’t come into to it. Not sure his defence will run the “I didn’t mean to collect him high” argument as it won’t wash. Three weeks.

:mad:
Lloyd played on for several minutes before leaving the ground for a head injury assessment and was eventually subbed out with concussion during the 13-point loss to the Tigers on Thursday night.

My definition of playing on for several minutes is obviously very different to that of the writer of the article.

Not sure we can put it down to luck. Alot of the players seemed to be enjoying themselves in Europe over the off season . Nothing wrong with that of coarse but did they enjoy themselves too much?

Young team made the gf and a sense of we roll up next year and it will happen again this year. Maybe the work wasn't put in ? Either way I'm hesitant to put it down to luck
Injuries by and large are uncontrollable….spending too much time in Europe does not make you suseptable to a concussion….no matter how much work you put in you get injured. How can it be anything else but bad luck.

Jesus Christ, is it hard for any of the players to go some genuine passion and care?

Nankervis sends Lloyd into next week and there's no remonstration or fight from any of the players. Softest team/leadership group in the AFL.
I’m not sure many would have known as the ball didn’t stop , following the ball at the ground I didn’t see it until we realised Lloyd was down. Maybe 30 secs later….most of the remonstration stuff is utter bs anyhow..

(Log in to remove this ad.)

He went the shoulder and collected him high. Intent doesn’t come into to it. Not sure his defence will run the “I didn’t mean to collect him high” argument as it won’t wash. Three weeks.
He knew that every illegal tackle against a swan has not been punished by the tribunal so he took his chances….will likely get off………….

Lloyd played on for several minutes before leaving the ground for a head injury assessment and was eventually subbed out with concussion during the 13-point loss to the Tigers on Thursday night.

My definition of playing on for several minutes is obviously very different to that of the writer of the article.
Lay flat on the ground.

People need to wake up.
Our backline is absolute dogshit.
Pure dog s**t.
Our midfield is bog average.
We ain't contending until we get a grip on this .
Definitely agree that the midfield work is sub par. Alot of it stems from Hickey being soundly beaten, not so much on the tap but his general presence. Nankivell just ragged dolled him for most of the night. Hickey had no presence and the Tigers essentially had an extra big body at every stoppage. Nank also beat him around the ground as well.

Overall Hickey has been a great pick up for us and he seems to be a great character. Unfortunately he is now a liability on the field. Stretch is still too skinny and not ready and Ladhams needs some VFL time so perhaps we need to consider using Mclean as our primary ruck with assistance from Amartey or Buller.

Although all this might be a mute point with a game against the Dogs and English coming next.........

I don't think he has any more of a defense than that, and I'm sure he realises it won't help. Sure, 2/3 weeks - makes sense.
Still don't think it was intentional, or as bad as Wicks effort in intention. Not that I think Wicks is any kind of thug either, just made a split second decision that is clearly regrettable. It happens.

I don't think he has any more of a defense than that, and I'm sure he realises it won't help. Sure, 2/3 weeks - makes sense.
Still don't think it was intentional, or as bad as Wicks effort in intention. Not that I think Wicks is any kind of thug either, just made a split second decision that is clearly regrettable. It happens.
What will hie defenCe be . Also who should be rested this week

Only marginally less ludicrous.

If I wasn ‘t a trustworthy individual, I’d give you the ex-players name and you could tell him that, but I expect Tony/Barry/David/Warwick/Dennis/Rod/Greg/Gerard would just laugh at your simplistic view on life. 🤷🏻

Remove this Banner Ad

Back