Autopsy Its a wrap for 2023 Richmond by 13

Remove this Banner Ad

Lloyd played on for several minutes before leaving the ground for a head injury assessment and was eventually subbed out with concussion during the 13-point loss to the Tigers on Thursday night.

My definition of playing on for several minutes is obviously very different to that of the writer of the article.
Yeah wtf. I was at the ground and watched the entire thing. He was cleaned up and then lying on the ground as play went on for a full minute or so. The stretcher then came out, he didn't need it and was assisted off the ground by the trainers. If him lying on the ground staring up at the night sky as play continued around him constitutes him "playing on for several minutes" then I guess that's what happened.

If I wasn ‘t a trustworthy individual, I’d give you the ex-players name and you could tell him that, but I expect Tony/Barry/David/Warwick/Dennis/Rod/Greg/Gerard would just laugh at your simplistic view on life. 🤷🏻
Well with all due respect to former legends of the game (and even conceding the at-times excruciatingly Boys’ Club management style of the AFL), the fact is, the AFL is a billion dollar business, former legends nearly all suffer from Relevance Deprivation Syndrome, and there is simply no reason to assume they are a source of anything reliable about how that billion dollar business is run.

Jack Ross playing a blinder especially hurts considering I wish we had him. Really skilful player who I have no idea why he doesn't get games every week for Richmond.

And with that, we're back in the bottom four after the completion of the round. Were 2021 and 2022 a mirage, or is our fall down the ladder temporary?

And with that, we're back in the bottom four after the completion of the round. Were 2021 and 2022 a mirage, or is our fall down the ladder temporary?
Temporary, but we have some personnel questions to answer in the KPP and ruck departments that'll determine whether we're on the fringes of the 8 or challenging again in the next year or two.

Well with all due respect to former legends of the game (and even conceding the at-times excruciatingly Boys’ Club management style of the AFL), the fact is, the AFL is a billion dollar business, former legends nearly all suffer from Relevance Deprivation Syndrome, and there is simply no reason to assume they are a source of anything reliable about how that billion dollar business is run.
Which is why I’m inclined not to believe it -

However, ‘SS billion dollar business’ leaks badly from every crack, when we sail into the war Fitzpatrick declared on us when we recruited Franklin.

I fear that to dismiss the possibility of this iceberg as ‘ludicrous’ in the face of the history of the AFL Committee’s behaviour is somewhat myopic.

Last edited:
an off year. Heightened expectations coupled with injuries and aging players make it a disappointing year. Expecting next year to be a bounce back barring another bad injury run. A side note, someone explain Rampes 2 year extension?

Errr..you were saying it was ludicrous…now you’re not?
I’m not referring to the theory the AFL might interfere in clubs’ affairs, I’m referring to the suggestion that ex-legends are any sort of source for it.

I absolutely doubt ex-legends have nearly as much proximity to the upper management levels of the AFL as they’d like others to think.

I’m not referring to the theory the AFL might interfere in clubs’ affairs, I’m referring to the suggestion that ex-legends are any sort of source for it.

I absolutely doubt ex-legends have nearly as much proximity to the upper management levels of the AFL as they’d like others to think.
Agreed.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Remove this Banner Ad

Back