Autopsy It's All About the Future - Port d Peel Thunder by 69, r23, AO

Remove this Banner Ad

My take on some of the youngsters.

Tanner Smith: I thought he showed a bit yesterday. Sure he dropped some marks but he held his own, wasn't afraid to take the man on and rebound out of 50 - considering he the amount fo inside 50s and playing on Shulz. I dare say he had a better game than Alex Pearce who was out marked by Butcher a few times (lucky for AP that Butcher is the shittest kick at goal in the competition). Only his 2nd game, I think he will come on in leaps and bounds. I mentioned previously that he reminds me of a young Eric McKenzie.

Brady Grey: Superstar lock down defender in the making. No tougher task than Wingard in your first AFL game.

Ethan Hughes: Bit of a surprise packet, cleaned up down back in a Sutcliffe-like role. One to watch.

Lachie Weller: His class was certainly on show. Clean, crisp skills, looking forward to him getting more game time next year.

Conor Blakely: His in and under game style was hard to get going with his slight frame. His endeavor was exceptional. Needs a solid year in the gym.

Jacob Ballard: Looked like an absolute beast out there - he is a big lad. Would of been good to see more game time.

Max Duffy: Hmmmmm. Could be in trouble come delisting time.

Boak wants Schulz to stay at Port. Not sure they will have much moola for him though. Take the money Jay!!!
http://www.afl.com.au/news/2015-09-...ak-wants-schulz-to-team-up-with-dixon-at-port

ALTHOUGH thrilled that Gold Coast forward Charlie Dixon has nominated Port Adelaide as his club of choice, Power skipper Travis Boak hopes the club can also hold onto Jay Schulz.

Schulz has been heavily linked to Fremantle this season and Dixon's now-public desire to be traded to Port only strengthens that connection.

The 30-year-old has struggled to maintain his best form this year, but booted four goals against the Dockers at the weekend in what could be his last appearance for the Power.

Boak will speak to Dixon in the coming weeks, adding he could "add a huge amount to our forward line".

Only able to watch the game today. Seriously impressed by last years draft crop plus Grey. If Grey and Hughes were better kicks, particularly Grey, I think they'd be in the team already.

I'm getting that feeling about the 2014 draft. Same one I had watching the 08 boys running around the following year. A club in our position, aging list, but finshing high and having low value draft picks to top up with, needs a bit of luck with their drafting to stay on top. Just like clubs rebuilding need a bit of luck like we had in 08 (and 09 when it comes to it: Fyfe and Barlow even if are other picks were spotty).

Duffy: has the stench of death about him.
Hannath: was very good, but only by his standards which are somewhat below AFL in my view.
Clarke: Now having seen the game am surprised at the vitriol posted Saturday. He rucked pretty well I thought, didn't get allot of it but I saw no below average effort. From the way people were carrying on I was expecting some kind of cross between Jack Reiwolt and Tubby Sylvia. I note he played significantly less game time than Jack, suggests to me he was always going to playing next week.
Tabs: Showing signs. Certainly has the tools, does he have the poise and the desire?
Ballard: Big bugger ain't he?

Reckon next year will be Clancee and Gu's last year on an AFL list.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Clarke was running around with the intensity of a wet lettuce leaf and his tackle efforts non-existent Paracleet . However, given Griff's injury and the possibility of lingering effects from his concussion I'm inclined to believe that was more coaching directive than it was being a pea heart. We'll be able to judge him properly after Saturday.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back