It's bulls**t: Stringer

Remove this Banner Ad

ShriekingShack

Senior List
Jun 9, 2017
AFL Club
West Coast
Western Bulldogs superstar, premiership player and dangerous goalkicker Jake Stringer has come out swinging at rumours surrounding him and the issues facing the Bulldogs this season.

"Stringer responded to the rumour that his partner had been intimate with Jason Johannesson. He powerfully refuted it, saying : "It's bullsh*t" via social media.
He then went on to say that him and JJ are brothers and that people should lay off his friend."

Read more at:

http://www.heraldsun.com.au/sport/a...a/news-story/c749d6e57710a272e2ed4fe8948548c5

Last edited by a moderator:
Western Bulldogs superstar, premiership player and dangerous goalkicker Jake Stringer has come out swinging at rumours surrounding him and the issues facing the Bulldogs this season.

Stringer responded to the rumour that his partner had been intimate with Jason Johannesson. He powerfully refuted it, saying : "It's bullsh*t" via social media.
He then went on to say that him and JJ are brothers and that people should lay off his friend.

Stringer's ex also weighed in, saying that her and Jason are best friends and that nothing had happened between them. She continued saying "I've never touched Jason". She says they have always been the best of friends, but that's where it stopped.

All those who gave this rumour legs and encouraged it should be ashamed of themselves. They should also feel embarrassed, as Stringer and his ex have just made them look like clowns by once and for all quashing this rumour.

All involved should come out and apologise, but they won't. Instead, they'll hide their red faces behind their copies of women's weekly, waiting for the next bogus rumour to surface that they can salivate over with each other.

http://www.heraldsun.com.au/sport/a...a/news-story/c749d6e57710a272e2ed4fe8948548c5
sup Jake?

Why the * are we talking about this s**t?

On the one hand most people support Bucks and his rant at the media for turning to s**t, and on the other we have s**t like this in the paper and being posted on the main page.

Not worthy of discussion on the AFL board. Send it to the Bay or the Scandals & Rumours board.

It's weird, because had no idea what the rumour was, but thanks to Jake, I now know. He Should of shut up

Doesn't look the smartest bloke.

The correct response if asked anything about your private life is No Comment. And if pressed, "None of your business".

Are we really going to get to the point where AFL players do the big family "Everything's fine" every time journos troll BigFooty for an exaggerated story?

Grow a pair and ignore it Stringer. Tell anyone who asks to get bent.

EDIT: trawl.... before the grammar Nazis come to get me.

It's weird, because had no idea what the rumour was, but thanks to Jake, I now know. He Should of shut up

I'm going to guess you're not very active on social media?

The rumour was all over social media feeds, plus it's been seen around here on multiple boards.

I daresay more footy people (at least younger ones) than not had heard these rumours and Stringer clearly saw the need to set the story straight.

The correct response if asked anything about your private life is No Comment. And if pressed, "None of your business".

Are we really going to get to the point where AFL players do the big family "Everything's fine" every time journos troll BigFooty for an exaggerated story?

Grow a pair and ignore it Stringer. Tell anyone who asks to get bent.

EDIT: trawl.... before the grammar Nazis come to get me.

Or, you know, leave the mother of my kids and my best mate alone?

There is this amazing concept where women and men can sometimes just be, you know, really good friends.

I sometimes wonder whether some people realise this.
It's less common than it appears to be. From what I've seen, usually, when a guy and a girl are 'best friends' either the guy is gay or there's something sexual going on.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Or, you know, leave the mother of my kids and my best mate alone?

Who is going after them? If its social media.... turn it off. Journos, call them out, tell them to leave you alone. Weirdos online? Block them.

Point is, you feed the people who start these rumours, or exaggerate whats true, you become a slave to them.

Why the **** are we talking about this s**t?

On the one hand most people support Bucks and his rant at the media for turning to s**t, and on the other we have s**t like this in the paper and being posted on the main page.

Not worthy of discussion on the AFL board. Send it to the Bay or the Scandals & Rumours board.
It's news it seems. The ex-wife/lifer partner/civil union/de facto person had a multi-post rant on her Instagram account. The da package had a rant as well. I can't wait for their blog entries. Riveting stuff.

It's less common than it appears to be. From what I've seen, usually, when a guy and a girl are 'best friends' either the guy is gay or there's something sexual going on.
That's a ridiculous generalisation.

Who is going after them? If its social media.... turn it off. Journos, call them out, tell them to leave you alone. Weirdos online? Block them.

Point is, you feed the people who start these rumours, or exaggerate whats true, you become a slave to them.
It's easier said than done just to 'block them out', considering how prevalent social media and the media in general is. When you have football media personalities running the story that is presented to a very wide audience, you're more than entitled to set the rumours straight and tell people to back off. Nothing wrong with what Jake did.

To those saying it was just social media gossip, it started here on bigfooty last year. then david warts of SEN decided to make s**t up, and got called on it. He backpedaled today of course, but won't face any repercussions because making s**t up is just was the media does.

FFS Nathan Buckley JUST spoke about this on Monday night.

To those saying it was just social media gossip, it started here on bigfooty last year. then david warts of SEN decided to make s**t up, and got called on it. He backpedaled today of course, but won't face any repercussions because making s**t up is just was the media does.

FFS Nathan Buckley JUST spoke about this on Monday night.

It's funny isn't it. Been a lot of journalists complaining about what Bucks said on Monday night, but the fact is half the AFL media is just clickbait and hearsay/made-up rumours. If they did their jobs properly I'm sure they'd get a lot more respect from the players and coaches.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back