Game Day It's GAMEDAY! The Western Districts Geelong Cats vs The Footscray Inner Western Bulldogs

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm up early because I'm so excited to be going to Geelong ! The Athens of S/SW Victoria!

Last time I attended a match here was when Luke Darcy did a knee right in front of me. A miserable day on the terraces surrounded by glass eyed yokels sinking cans. Even though we lost heavily I was waiting for one of the sheep shagging Ford masturbating locals to start something.

However two of them started on each other. There was a D Mitchell/ Matt Dougie type who had it in for one of his own players. Any time player X went near the ball he'd greet him with sarcastic applause and muttered comments. "Oh well done player X another dropped mark" (sarcastic slow handclap) "Great kick player X you useless muppet. Well done well done (sarcastic handclap).

Then in the fourth quarter a bloke two rows in front lost his s**t, stood up and turned round. He gave him a good old spray, "I've been listening to you all effing game, you aren't a supporter, you come here to give your own players s**t, I've had enough" etc etc.

The other bloke stood up and they eyeballed each other and I waited for a fist to be thrown. It blew over and they sat down.

The saddest part is that they were both 40 somethings and each had two primary school age children with them who looked worried by the incident.

Clowns.

I got the V line train back to Sunshine. Everyone knew Darce had done his knee so it was a s**t atmosphere. A teenage girl with a prominent Luke Darcy badge on her scarf sat opposite me crying the whole way home. She didn't sob, I'm talking full on throaty salty tears of misery.

Awful day.

-------

I shall be going out on the piss in Geelong for the first time since 1999 after the match.

I can't remember why but when I was a backpacker in Melbourne myself and a few Canadians made the trip down to the bejewelled metropolis. We stayed in the Irish bar which doubled as a hostel. You could still smoke in pubs in those days and some tryhard at the bar was smoking a pipe. Awful smell. I tried a go but it's harder than it looks. You never see people smoking pipes these days. Not tobacco pipes anyway.

We went into central Geelong to the nightlife district. I tried to pick up a girl but I got rebuffed. She wasn't having a bar of me, wise girl.

I got separated from my comrades and staggered back to the hostel at 2am. I couldn't make my key work in the lock and banging on the door brought no reply. So I did what any sensible drunk would do. I found a random car and climbed up on the car bonnet, curled up like a cat and fell asleep.

Next thing I wake up with a cop shining a light in my face, accompanied by an old bloke. Apparently I'd rolled off the car bonnet into the middle of the road and fallen asleep. Old mate had nearly run me over and called the police.

This cop was the nicest I'd ever met, I don't have a great track record with the forces of law and order. Rather than arrest me he took me to the backpackers and used my key to gain entry. I was probably too pissed to get in the lock before.

He accompanied me to our hostel room and we went in and turned on the light. The room stank of dope very strongly. One of the Irish blokes had fallen asleep with his shoes on so for the laughs he'd had his shoelaces tied to the bunkbed. When he woke up and saw the cop, he jumped out of bed only to drag the furniture with him before catapulting backwards.

The cop left us to it and I went to sleep. Good times.

----------------

I'd like to go to a nightclub called Bloom tonight after the game as I believe they play good tunes. There are no clubs in Port Fairy and I love dancing. I was teetotal and sober for 18 months but I recently fell off the wagon. I'm staying on to go an Irish session at the Naval Club on Sunday. I play the tin whistle and have become quite good and I know there are some talented musicians in Geelong.

Next Waiting

Norm Smith Medallist
Jan 19, 2014
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
I'm up early because I'm so excited to be going to Geelong ! The Athens Dublin (GA) of S/SW Victoria!
1659131130489.png

hutchy31

Norm Smith Medallist
May 25, 2014
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
I'm up early because I'm so excited to be going to Geelong ! The Athens of S/SW Victoria!

Last time I attended a match here was when Luke Darcy did a knee right in front of me. A miserable day on the terraces surrounded by glass eyed yokels sinking cans. Even though we lost heavily I was waiting for one of the sheep shagging Ford masturbating locals to start something.

However two of them started on each other. There was a D Mitchell/ Matt Dougie type who had it in for one of his own players. Any time player X went near the ball he'd greet him with sarcastic applause and muttered comments. "Oh well done player X another dropped mark" (sarcastic slow handclap) "Great kick player X you useless muppet. Well done well done (sarcastic handclap).

Then in the fourth quarter a bloke two rows in front lost his s**t, stood up and turned round. He gave him a good old spray, "I've been listening to you all effing game, you aren't a supporter, you come here to give your own players s**t, I've had enough" etc etc.

The other bloke stood up and they eyeballed each other and I waited for a fist to be thrown. It blew over and they sat down.

The saddest part is that they were both 40 somethings and each had two primary school age children with them who looked worried by the incident.

Clowns.

I got the V line train back to Sunshine. Everyone knew Darce had done his knee so it was a s**t atmosphere. A teenage girl with a prominent Luke Darcy badge on her scarf sat opposite me crying the whole way home. She didn't sob, I'm talking full on throaty salty tears of misery.

Awful day.

-------

I shall be going out on the piss in Geelong for the first time since 1999 after the match.

I can't remember why but when I was a backpacker in Melbourne myself and a few Canadians made the trip down to the bejewelled metropolis. We stayed in the Irish bar which doubled as a hostel. You could still smoke in pubs in those days and some tryhard at the bar was smoking a pipe. Awful smell. I tried a go but it's harder than it looks. You never see people smoking pipes these days. Not tobacco pipes anyway.

We went into central Geelong to the nightlife district. I tried to pick up a girl but I got rebuffed. She wasn't having a bar of me, wise girl.

I got separated from my comrades and staggered back to the hostel at 2am. I couldn't make my key work in the lock and banging on the door brought no reply. So I did what any sensible drunk would do. I found a random car and climbed up on the car bonnet, curled up like a cat and fell asleep.

Next thing I wake up with a cop shining a light in my face, accompanied by an old bloke. Apparently I'd rolled off the car bonnet into the middle of the road and fallen asleep. Old mate had nearly run me over and called the police.

This cop was the nicest I'd ever met, I don't have a great track record with the forces of law and order. Rather than arrest me he took me to the backpackers and used my key to gain entry. I was probably too pissed to get in the lock before.

He accompanied me to our hostel room and we went in and turned on the light. The room stank of dope very strongly. One of the Irish blokes had fallen asleep with his shoes on so for the laughs he'd had his shoelaces tied to the bunkbed. When he woke up and saw the cop, he jumped out of bed only to drag the furniture with him before catapulting backwards.

----------------

I'd like to go to a nightclub called Bloom tonight after the game as I believe they play good tunes. There are no clubs in Port Fairy and I love dancing. I was teetotal and sober for 18 months but I recently fell off the wagon. I'm staying on to go an Irish session at the Naval Club on Sunday. I play the tin whistle and have become quite good and I know there are some talented musicians in Geelong.

Epic. Thanks for that 👍

Jun 19, 2016
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
S

Clowns.

Awful day.

-------

----------------

Sorry to hear you have fallen off the wagon. Enjoy your night.

Optimistic Dog

Premiership Player
Oct 11, 2014
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Not sure where this thread is heading with the opening few posts. However getting back to footy the start is critically important to getting a result fall 3 to 4 goals behind the cats early with the crowd behind them we are no chance.

Hobdog

Premiership Player
May 20, 2007
Canberra
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs

Clowns.

Awful day.

-------

----------------

This post restores a little bit of faith that Bigfooty isn’t really just a place where your soul comes to die!

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

BrisDog

Premiership Player
Dec 13, 2012
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs

Clowns.

Awful day.

-------

----------------

Epic 👍

Bevo should read this post to the boys before the game. Run through walls type stuff.

Oct 12, 2012
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Not sure where this thread is heading with the opening few posts. However getting back to footy the start is critically important to getting a result fall 3 to 4 goals behind the cats early with the crowd behind them we are no chance.
Round 14 2020...we got out to a 6 goal to zero lead...don't ask about the rest...😭

Don’t derail my thread with football talk please.

The next Bulldogs / Geelong games I attended were at Docklands in the early 2000s. One year we won, 89-88. The following year we lost 88 - 89.

High quality games involving two teams with a bright future .

They won three premierships, we got beat in a prelim . Oh well.

Im pretty sure the op is a convoluted metaphor for our games down in cowtown over the years.

• A crowd predominantly made up of yokels loudly voicing their displeasure at whatever.
  • Injuries to critical players during the game.
  • Cluelessly stumbling around and ultimately falling over in a very strange place.✓
  • Public rejection.
  • Our fans crying for extended periods after the game.
  • Going back and expecting a different result.

Last edited:

VogonProsthetnic

Norm Smith Medallist
Apr 26, 2010
Beaufort
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Im pretty sure the op is a convoluted metaphor for our games down in cowtown over the years.

• A crowd predominantly made up of yokels loudly voicing their displeasure at whatever.
  • Injuries to critical players during the game.
  • Cluelessly stumbling around and ultimately falling over in a very strange place.✓
  • Public rejection.
  • Our fans crying for extended periods after the game.
  • Going back and expecting a different result.
  • Selwood getting multiple free kicks over the shoulder at critical times.
  • Hawkins taking easy marks over the back when his opponent mysteriously stumbles.
  • Geelong players kicking multiple goals out their arse.

Sep 27, 2005
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Other Teams
Footscray
Fully expect Selwood to be put on the same level as a digger running towards the Turks at Gallipoli by the end of the night. 🤮

As for the game, I hate these p***** but if we somehow get over the line I've already told the missus that there will be a tap on the shoulder. However, I'm expecting to be quietly sobbing/cursing in bed all night.

Prove me wrong Dogs, prove me wrong.

Last edited:
Just came to say good luck tonight guys/girls.

I've always had a soft spot for the dogs given my cousin and good mate from school played for your club.

It should be a fantastic game. If your defence can do their job you're every chance of winning.

All the best.

Sep 7, 2015
AFL Club
Tasmania

I've always had a soft spot for the dogs given my cousin and good mate from school played for your club.

It should be a fantastic game. If your defence can do their job you're every chance of winning.

All the best.

You won't have a soft spot for us after tonight, once we smash you by 100 points and break every bone in your bodies

Epic 👍

Bevo should read this post to the boys before the game. Run through walls type stuff.
Libba should read it and be made captain for the day , mission ‘seek and destroy ‘ Selwood

All the best.

Attachments

• CC339399-8E58-4302-A8D8-1396B1F0A853.gif
    CC339399-8E58-4302-A8D8-1396B1F0A853.gif
    1.1 MB · Views: 45
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back