Society/Culture Its happening. Smoking is going to become illegal in modern societies

Remove this Banner Ad

As the law stands currently in Victoria

and for other parts of Australia

Recreational personal use is the next stage being worked on, but because it is not a pressing political issue the impetus for forward motion is kind of lacking. I wonder if they realise just how much money is actually IN the market? Looks at the U.S state of Colorado;

That seems more about the legalities of use as a whole as opposed to just smoking it.

I'd speculate that 'smoking' be it tobacco or weed will be looked at to be phased out or attempt to phase out this method of use.

Of course the questions will be how to police that sort of prohibition.

And also there'll be argument /debate around the dangers of tobacco and weed. For example, tobacco, it's no secret that it's not the nicotine that kills you or even the tobacco - it's all the chemicals in it that kill you.

It's all those chemicals that do the bulk of the harm, hence vaping is argued to be 'less bad' for you because the idea at least is that one is not inhaling those chemicals that are aligned with tobacco. The reason 'chop chop' went viral in the 90's, tobacco without the chems (claimed) on the black market.

As the law stands currently in Victoria

and for other parts of Australia

Recreational personal use is the next stage being worked on, but because it is not a pressing political issue the impetus for forward motion is kind of lacking. I wonder if they realise just how much money is actually IN the market? Looks at the U.S state of Colorado;
And theres your difference. Legalised Weed can raise tax revenue with only minor health costs to tax payers. Smoking can raise taxes but the health cost to taxpayers is enormous.

Think this is unfair.

You don't know everyone on welfare, even if you know some of those in your community who behave this way.
but he didnt say everyone. It just needs to be an above population average outcome for the description to be apt. I.e. it doesnt even need to apply to a majority of welfare recipients.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

but he didnt say everyone. It just needs to be an above population average outcome for the description to be apt. I.e. it doesnt even need to apply to a majority of welfare recipients.
I've spoken with Kram about this before; it's behaviour he's observed from his own community.

I manifestly do not think it's fair to tarnish an entire cross-section of society whose only crime is that they've financial trouble to the point of needing government help with the behaviour of some.

Or would you like me judging you by the behaviour of the actual fascists that occasionally post on the SRP?

Only because it means they're not in their hair all day.
That's one of the things I really don't get with the ones that just don't bother sending them. Sitting at home all day yourself wouldn't you want to get them away from you for 6 hours??

Further, how would banning the sale of tobacco sit with the legalisation of weed (which I am very much for) for the purposes of smoking? It looks to me like legalisation of weed in all Australian states and territories is in a 'when' not an 'if' situation and I wonder how they'd ban one and introduce the other?
Weed illegal. Alcohol legal celebrated and promoted.
Shows you just how ****ed up this country is!

I really hope this comes in to Australia. I ain’t had a dart in 2.5 days but you see I’ve been here before plenty of times. Everyone is different but for me personally it’s just a boredom thing I think rather than an addiction. It’s filled two hours of time throughout my day ever since my dad died. I’m not sure if I’ll ever win this battle but do I even want to? I noticed I don’t really get intrusive thoughts but maybe that’s a different type of smoke that’s helping that. Haven’t had that in 4 days either.

Gives you an excuse to get a few mins of fresh air (irony I know) and today it’s a struggle because you can’t do anything during 25mm of rain. I’m an outdoorsy person these days so it’s getting to me.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back