Media It's Just Not Cricket

It's Just Not Cricket

The newly elected Sweet FA Administrator has a number of decisions to make over the coming weeks and into the new season. But these all pale into insignificance when compared with a pressing issue that must be addressed promptly.

In an act of hubris, some may even call it chutzpah, philreich dared to tempt fate with it backfiring immensely. Just hours before the World Cup semi-final between Australia and England, the premiership Swamprat stated:

Probably the wrong forum for this, but too bad. Late news concerning a dust storm that enveloped London yesterday - apparently somebody opened England's trophy cabinet.............

Seeing the dangers that this contemptuous behaviour could elicit, beez immediately called him out:

What in the actual fu**? Why would you post this before the upcoming game? Do you not understand the sporting gods? Do you not have any respect for them?
And a big fu** you to the four people so far whom have liked the post. You're just as bad as philreich and should all be ashamed of yourselves.

What is wrong with people?

Everyone knows the power of the sporting gods. Perhaps this was lost on philreich after the qooty gods shined brightly on him and his team in the season 27 grand final. To win a cricket world cup one needs many things to go right: these things take patience; these things take skill; these things take luck. But after Australia suffered a shellacking at the hands of England, in large part due to the absolute colossal waste-of-space Marcus Stoinis, philreich must be held to account for his affront to the cricketing gods.

tumblr_ps30pzxLPO1y6tys7o2_640.gif

Marcus Stoinis displaying his ineptitude on the cricket field.

I am calling for philreich to be suspended for four (4) qooty matches. I am also calling for the five posters who 'liked' the offending post to each receive a one (1) match ban: SarahSmiles; Far Kern; Greasyrhys; Barrybran; and U2tigers. Furthermore, the six sanctioned players should all be handed a suspended sentence for the entire upcoming season lest they again tempt fate with regards to the upcoming Ashes series.

Being part of a qooty team and posting on the Sweet FA board is a privilege, not a right. Until the aforementioned players understand this privilege, they should all be under rather stringent playing conditions. I hope Ant Bear, in his solemn duty as caretaker of this great game, does the right thing by suspending the offending players as a lesson for their imprudence.

Last edited:
philreich has definitely brought the game into disrepute. I’d say 4 games isn’t hard enough Ant Bear, should be suspended for half the season and forced to play for the Gumbies.

Mar 6, 2014
AFL Club
Richmond
Other Teams
Boston Bruins, New York Giants
Four weeks for this. No, I reckon four weeks plus a couple of cricket balls into the groin would be punishment enough.

With the power vested in me by the almighty AdSense and Loon's tired shtick, I hereby decree that all the accused face 6 balls from Mitchell Johnson.

The only disgrace here is the Australian Cricket Team.

Glad Australia lost last night. Boring tournament.
giphy.gif

Mountain out of a molehill stuff. Poms too good on the day, but we've still won 5 more World Cups than them. Hopefully that's still the case on Monday morning.
APOLOGISE NOW!

Mar 10, 2007
Melbourne
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Other Teams
Charlton Athletic, Roys FFC
Mountain out of a molehill stuff. Poms too good on the day, but we've still won 5 more World Cups than them. Hopefully that's still the case on Monday morning.

Phil, I work in an office with Englishmen and a Kiwi - this is a far greater crime you have committed than you realise...

Well articulated beez

Some clubs are just out of control rudderless ships. Something like this would never happen at the Bombers.

Tsk tsk.
Rudderless? Perhaps, but at least we're no longer flagless 😊.

Not an option right now.....
Mate - let them say what they like: I reckon we've had a pretty good run at the World Cup. Let me chuck some numbers at you:

* 7 appearances in the final - way more than any other team.
* 5 time World Cup champions: nobody else has won it more than twice.
* undefeated at 2 successive World Cups (2003 and 2007).
* unbeaten in 29 matches between 1999 and 2011, which won't happen again until Carlton knocks off Gold Coast in an AFL grand final.

So yeah, it's disappointing to fall short this year, but I think we've got a few credits in the bank.

Back