It's Like A Weed Run Wild

Remove this Banner Ad

Certainly needs to be a concerted effort around the world to get more people into the ground watching test matches. Whether that is scheduling, the timing of matches, cost of tickets, cost of food/drinks, start times, spectator facilities (has any country apart from Australia heard of shade?), venue rotation etc I don't know but it has seemed that fans aren't turning up and no one cares. Bank the tv rights money and anyone who happens to turn up at the ground is a bonus which is bullshit. The atmosphere is terrible.

Also needs to be a concerted effort around the world to make sure cricket is on free to air television. We've seen here with the Big Bash what an enormous impact it had when the competition switched from Fox to 10. Suddenly is accessible to everyone and has captured attention.

I'm sure pay tv is able to pay more $$$ for the rights but if the cost is the death of the game then is it worth it?

I have no issue with Tests playing second fiddle to T20. Like it or not, T20 is a quality, easily consumed product. It draws an audience beyond cricket nuffies. That's being a realist.

I'd have no hesitation ditching one-day cricket, but I'm sure ODI's still do well financially.

I have no issue with Tests playing second fiddle to T20. Like it or not, T20 is a quality, easily consumed product. It draws an audience beyond cricket nuffies. That's being a realist.

I'd have no hesitation ditching one-day cricket, but I'm sure ODI's still do well financially.

thats what they said about Odis for the first 15 - 20 years. T20 yet to stand the test of time. Every game kind of melds in to the next.

World Cup will keep ODI's afloat. I think India have the only supporters who care about International T20's.

I honestly hate all limited overs cricket. But being realisitic I can handle ODIs. No more 20/20 internationals though because no-one really gives a crap about it and it is just reserve players who play anyway

It - unfortunately - seems like a natural conclusion that T20 will take over Test Cricket as the primary form of the game. The sheer amount of money that is to be made for players, administrators and sponsors seems that this tide can not be stopped.

My fear is that T20 hasn't had any challenges in the way people perceive the format. What happens if peoples lust for T20 goes stale?The won't simply come back to test cricket. The game itself may just become a secondary interest sport outside of a few countries.

I hope I'm wrong. Test cricket is the ultimate challenge of players full skill set.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back