It's Miller Time on Dayne's Nuts

Remove this Banner Ad

Jun 14, 2015
In a house with a sausage dog Trevor
AFL Club
Melbourne
Other Teams
Port Adelaide Power
I doubt Miller knew he had him by the balls. He just grabbed what he could as Zorko went past.

He knew. Of course he knew.

Dayne Zorko is a grub but this squirrel grip from Miller takes the biscuit in terms of utter shithousery.

Also, a like for the thread title. It's low hanging fruit but fair play to the OP.

Okay so I’m biased but I don’t see how that looks intentional. Zorko drops his knees to try and draw a free and Touk dropped lower to adjust the tackle and his hand got the wrong spot as Zorko went past. Doing it in the act of the tackle seems very different to grabbing it after the tackle had been made.

Maybe I’m giving Touk too much benefit of the doubt but he, to my recollection has only ever been suspended for anything once which was a rough conduct tackle 2 years ago. He doesn’t have a history of grubby acts either. I just don’t think it would have been intentional.

I’d be fine with him getting a suspension in the same vein as an unintentional high contact kind of way but I’ve never seen anything to suggest he’d be stupid enough to something like that intentionally.

Okay so I’m biased but I don’t see how that looks intentional. Zorko drops his knees to try and draw a free and Touk dropped lower to adjust the tackle and his hand got the wrong spot as Zorko went past. Doing it in the act of the tackle seems very different to grabbing it after the tackle had been made.

Maybe I’m giving Touk too much benefit of the doubt but he, to my recollection has only ever been suspended for anything once which was a rough conduct tackle 2 years ago. He doesn’t have a history of grubby acts either. I just don’t think it would have been intentional.

I’d be fine with him getting a suspension in the same vein as an unintentional high contact kind of way but I’ve never seen anything to suggest he’d be stupid enough to something like that intentionally.
It is that he never let go that makes it intentional

It is that he never let go that makes it intentional
His hand was there for the second half of a tackle which lasted all of what, 2 seconds in real time. you can see it in the slow motion replay that he initially gets the inside of his leg and tries to grab hold of his shorts and his hand slips up as Zorko comes past in the tackle. If you’re not aware of what you’re grabbing your first instinct when tackling someone isn’t to just let go immediately in case you’ve accidentally got them by the nuts.

As soon as the whistle was blown he was straight up.

The boys from On The Couch were discussing this and Nathan Buckley said that it happens far more than fans realize. Usually the tackler just repositions his hand if he gets a handful by mistake.

Some players in the past were notorious for going the squirrel grip and "collecting nuts".

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Nah, he's grabbed his nuts mate. You know if you grab someone's nuts.

I like Touk and you can be buggered if I'd want to play on a grub like Zorko but Touk knew what he was doing.

Last edited:
I doubt Miller knew he had him by the balls. He just grabbed what he could as Zorko went past.

If you accidentally touch another man's penis do you give it a rough squeeze just to be sure?

If there is any evidence of a 2nd action it has to be Intentional High Contact and at least Medium Severity given Zorko has said he has bruising.

Which is 2 weeks.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back