Official Club Stuff It's Official - New Joint Major Sponsor MG

Remove this Banner Ad

The brand is gaining popularity. A MG dealership has recently opened in my home town of Ballarat

View attachment 835501

MG will be a Top 10 brand in Australia before it’s time to renew their sponsorship deal in 2025.

They clocked up almost 1200 sales last year, more than double their 2018 total, and that’s largely without the help of the now available HS mid-size SUV. Currently Mercedes occupies 10th place with approx 3200 sales.

More product lines, sharp AF pricing and ever improving perceptions of Chinese-built cars will get them there and then some.

MG will be a Top 10 brand in Australia before it’s time to renew their sponsorship deal in 2025.

They clocked up almost 1200 sales last year, more than double their 2018 total, and that’s largely without the help of the now available HS mid-size SUV. Currently Mercedes occupies 10th place with approx 3200 sales.

More product lines, sharp AF pricing and ever improving perceptions of Chinese-built cars will get them there and then some.
An increased product line is what's holding them back

But I think they will at least do what LDV has done in terms of growth at a bare minimum

An increased product line is what's holding them back

But I think they will at least do what LDV has done in terms of growth at a bare minimum

The HS by itself will probably double their current sales tally and they’ll be getting a Corolla-sized hatch and a mid-size sedan in the next two or three years. Throw in the possibility of a dual cab ute and the cheapest EVs on the market and they’ll s**t it in.

Last edited:

The HS by itself will probably double their current sales tally and they’ll be getting a Corolla-sized hatch and a mid-size sedan in the next two or three years. Throw in the possibility of a dual cab ute and the cheapest EVs on the market and they’ll s**t it in.
Just make a Ute like the LDV T60 with a bit more power/torque and I'm in ( I'd probably be in regardless and just tune it if need be haha)

I'm in the bucket that doesn't give a s**t, but they absolutely do spy. Denying that is just being stupid. Espionage has been around since the dawn of the human race.

Besides, there is clear evidence of it.
Yup, what people forget is that the Americans spy on us as well!
Though you’re not supposed to spy on allies.

Yup, what people forget is that the Americans spy on us as well!
Though you’re not supposed to spy on allies.
You spy MORE your allies, actually.

The MG total range of models clocked up more than 1200 units last year. As I posted a few pages back, think it was the 2019 figures, but they were the 20th highest selling brand in Oz in 2019

[TD valign="top"] Car brand [/TD][TD valign="top"] 2019 sales [/TD][TD valign="top"] Change over 2018 [/TD]

[TD valign="top"] Renault [/TD][TD valign="top"]8,634[/TD][TD valign="top"]-13.8%[/TD]

[TD valign="top"] MG [/TD][TD valign="top"]8,326[/TD][TD valign="top"]176.9%[/TD]

In January they sold 919 units a 82% increase over January 2019 for 17th top selling brand for the month

MG91982.7%

In February they sold 1,163 units a 128% increase over February 2019 for 17th again top selling brand for the month.

Holden1,367-64.3%
Audi1,2566.3%
MG1,163128.0%

In 2019 in UK MG Motor sold 13,075 units and looking to sell 20,000 this year. If they don't sell more MG's in Oz over UK in 2020, they will probably pass them in 2021.

The MG total range of models clocked up more than 1200 units last year. As I posted a few pages back, think it was the 2019 figures, but they were the 20th highest selling brand in Oz in 2019

[TD valign="top"] Car brand [/TD][TD valign="top"] 2019 sales [/TD][TD valign="top"] Change over 2018 [/TD]

[TD valign="top"] Renault [/TD][TD valign="top"]8,634[/TD][TD valign="top"]-13.8%[/TD]

[TD valign="top"] MG [/TD][TD valign="top"]8,326[/TD][TD valign="top"]176.9%[/TD]
In January they sold 919 units a 82% increase over January 2019 for 17th top selling brand for the month

MG91982.7%
In February they sold 1,163 units a 128% increase over February 2019 for 17th again top selling brand for the month.

Holden1,367-64.3%
Audi1,2566.3%
MG1,163128.0%
In 2019 in UK MG Motor sold 13,075 units and looking to sell 20,000 this year. If they don't sell more MG's in Oz over UK in 2020, they will probably pass them in 2021.

Whoops I was looking at the monthly table instead of the annual one, I thought my numbers seemed low! Still their position is more or less the same proportionally wrt their competition and they will only improve from here.

It may have already been mentioned but the local MG dealer is throwing in a free tint and car floor mats for Port membership. So that's without any promotions being run through the club yet I think on pricing or anything else. I actually thought for a car of that price it's a pretty good throw in as decent tinting is about $450 - 600 depending on where and official mats can be slugged $100 - $200 by dealers too.

View attachment 835786
How do we provide advertising that matches this?
AFL won't let us put anything on the grass but can't stop us marking up the stadium. Time those LED advertising boards to flash up MG for centre bounces and when our players are having set shots for goal.

Last edited:
Use lasers to beam advertising for our sponsors onto the canopies of the AO stands?

Flash sponsor logos on the video screens just before video reviews of goals are shown on the tv telecasts?

Have that mini blimp that cruises the 36ers games and used to do the same at AFL games pre match dragging banners with sponsors logos behind them?

When the commentators are doing pre match and half time discussions on the ground, have people waving flags in the background with sponsor logos on them?

Have that mini blimp that cruises the 36ers games and used to do the same at AFL games pre match dragging banners with sponsors logos behind them?

767a928b68bdc9752aee157bc4c1d82f--hot-air-balloons-grand-canyon.jpg

(Log in to remove this ad.)

It may have already been mentioned but the local MG dealer is throwing in a free tint and car floor mats for Port membership. So that's without any promotions being run through the club yet I think on pricing or anything else. I actually thought for a car of that price it's a pretty good throw in as decent tinting is about $450 - 600 depending on where and official mats can be slugged $100 - $200 by dealers too.

Which one is your local MG dealer that you mention?

L
Use lasers to beam advertising for our sponsors onto the canopies of the AO stands?

Flash sponsor logos on the video screens just before video reviews of goals are shown on the tv telecasts?

When the commentators are doing pre match and half time discussions on the ground, have people waving flags in the background with sponsor logos on them?
Like the idea of lasers on the roof of the Southbank stand, providing of course that CASA are big on the idea (for night time games).
For persistent presentation advertising on the fence line cant be beaten.

Red Apple? Used to be a restaurant at castle plaza.
lol, I thought the same thing when I read Feel's post.

They used to be tied up with Target. Mrs Dore and I were only reminiscing the other day about some of our early dinning experiences at the Red Apple Restaurant at Fulham Gardens. :oops:

It was one of Darryl Wakelin's pharmacies last time I was there.

lol, I thought the same thing when I read Feel's post.

They used to be tied up with Target. Mrs Dore and I were only reminiscing the other day about some of our early dinning experiences at the Red Apple Restaurant at Fulham Gardens. :oops:

It was one of Darryl Wakelin's pharmacies last time I was there.

There was a brief moment in time when the supermarket section of the target complexes were called Arrow Supermarkets (where Foodland at Fulham is now). So you had Target, Red Apple and Arrow. All very William Tell.

ol, I thought the same thing when I read Feel's post.

You were't having that discussion at a table in the Garden of Unearthly Delights by chance? Funny enough I overheard a couple having a conversation about this restaurant there a couple of weeks ago. Small world if so.... :oops:

You were't having that discussion at a table in the Garden of Unearthly Delights by chance? Funny enough I overheard a couple having a conversation about this restaurant there a couple of weeks ago. Small world if so.... :oops:
Nah, that wasn't us.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back