It's official.....Rogers pulls the pin..

Remove this Banner Ad

Sep 20, 2009
Pascoe Vale
AFL Club
Geelong
It's official...

http://www.espncricinfo.com/the-ashes-2015/content/story/910541.html

Kind of typical Rogers in many ways, quietly bowing out while most of the attention will be on Clarke and others. Gets to go out on top, with people still pleading for him to stay.

Not many players get a second chance so late in life as Rogers, but he's definitely made the most of it! Looked likely to be one of the great One Test Wonders, so he can look back and feel extremely pleased and proud at his career. He's been an absolute rock at the top of the order, and make no mistake...we WILL miss him, badly.

Well done Bucky. :thumbsu::thumbsu:

I hope he edges Root in this test and goes out as the leading run scorer.

Without his contributions this series would be farcical.

CA should inquire how a guy is 6 runs off leading scorer, yet it's the teams batting which has lost the series. I'm not concerned about Warner at all, even though there's a few shouts that he may struggle with uncertainty around his partner. I think he has matured in these 2 years but he needs to get more first innings big scores.

Its a shame he isn't 15 years younger. Has had a very serviceable career, which is great considering I thought he'd fall in the shadow of Ed Cowan the destroyer ;)

Has been a rock at the top of the order ever since he got his second chance. Will be missed.

24 tests, 1972 runs @ 42.86. 5 100s, 14 50s.

3882 balls faced in 47 innings, an average of 82.6 per innings. That's about 4 overs more per innings than David Warner, and more than Matthew Hayden and Justin Langer. That is exactly why he was called into the side in 2013.

Pretty good career for effectively starting at 35. Will hopefully go out having played 25 tests scoring 2000 runs. If you'd asked him in 2012 I reckon he'd have taken that in a heartbeat. Well played, Buck.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

That's because he values his wicket and is a Test cricketer. If you wanna watch all those crap shots I suggest you follow the IPL and give up on test cricket.
They aren't Test cricketers, they are Test entertainers! Just ask the coach! Sure, they got bowled out for 60 but how good was the run rate!

Chris Rogers is a man who got the most out of his ability. He is bloody colour blind as well. An incredible career really. Coming in at 35 when most batsmen are past their best. He will end up averaging over 40 at test level after facing some might fine fast bowlers. Well done Buck. I hope to see you coaching some of our young batsmen in the future. I've got my fingers crossed you can go out with a ton.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back