It's Sauce's Turn

Remove this Banner Ad

Jun 7, 2011
Mount Gambier
AFL Club
Adelaide
Has gone public with his desire to be extended and even stated that him and ROB have an important partnership. Just like Thommo did, he's forcing the club to delist him, which we know that they're unlikely to do because they're weak as piss, rather than have him gently pushed into retirement on the quiet. The culture of our senior players is as toxic to success as the philosophies of our coaching group.

Has gone public with his desire to be extended and even stated that him and ROB have an important partnership. Just like Thommo did, he's forcing the club to delist him, which we know that they're unlikely to do because they're weak as piss, rather than have him gently pushed into retirement on the quiet. The culture of our senior players is as toxic to success as the philosophies of our coaching group.

link

“The club is still needing to re-sign Alex Keath, Hugh Greenwood and Jake Kelly so once they move on them I guess they’ll look at some of the older ones, like me, Richard Douglas, David Mackay and Andy Otten,’’ Jacobs said.

Peak AFC senior player talk

“The club is still needing to re-sign Alex Keath, Hugh Greenwood and Jake Kelly so once they move on them I guess they’ll look at some of the older ones, like me, Richard Douglas, David Mackay and Andy Otten,’’ Jacobs said.

Peak AFC senior player talk

It's a not so subtle way of letting other teams know he is on the table, just like Greenwood.

IMO players like Douglas, Otten and Mookay should be readying to clear out lockers at seasons end. Their careers are over.

Jacobs I'm of two minds about. O'Brien is clearly a better player and Jacobs should be told that in no uncertain terms he is second best. However, we don't have any half decent backup rucks if O'Brien goes down. Perhaps we could offer Sauce a 1 year deal at the base salary then draft a young kid who will take years to develop?

Anyway, I'd call them all in to the office on the same day, call them individually, then sack them one by one...but I'd leave Sauce to watch until last just to make him sweat it out.

Last edited:
Fine with Jacobs as depth.

Not like a midfielder where we have a dozen kids waiting in the SANFL.
Same, but on a reduced contract as a backup as we have no readymade backup option.

No issue with Jacobs' comments.

Hopefully the club is smart about where he's at. Extremely useful depth, particularly given that we have no other established ruck depth in our squad, but he shouldn't be on big dollars or a long contract.

If he can get more than that elsewhere, good for him.

Nine News ‘understands’ we are under salary cap pressure which is hampering the re-signing of Alex Keath - surely we are nowhere near the cap in 2020?

On iPad using BigFooty.com mobile app
Getting rid of Douglas, Mackay, Otten & Jacobs if need be should free up plenty of room...

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Nine News ‘understands’ we are under salary cap pressure which is hampering the re-signing of Alex Keath - surely we are nowhere near the cap in 2020?

On iPad using BigFooty.com mobile app

Yeah, that is an easy fix, trade players out, don't be scared. Players like Seedsman, Laird, Jenkins and Lynch should not be untouchable

Yeah, that is an easy fix, trade players out, don't be scared. Players like Seedsman, Laird, Jenkins and Lynch should not be untouchable
Exactly.

Keath is a must sign... so you make room.

No issue with Jacobs' comments.

Hopefully the club is smart about where he's at. Extremely useful depth, particularly given that we have no other established ruck depth in our squad, but he shouldn't be on big dollars or a long contract.

If he can get more than that elsewhere, good for him.

He was cooked the year before last, he was further cooked this year. He’ll be terrible depth, Thommo like. It’s done now, he’s wedged the club into giving him another year.

We're always under salary cap pressure, Port are always under, same stories get repeated again and again.

I dare say our short term cap space is tighter due to all those 2020/21 contracts guys like Tex, JJ, Lynch, Betts, Talia, Laird etc have.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back