It's the effing contractors again!

Remove this Banner Ad

Those effing contractors are at it again, this time, they are hiring doctors who have not been trained in how to administer Covid vaccines!

Healthcare Australia allowed a Doctor to administer the Covid Vaccination without him or her, being trained to do so and what was the Health Minister's first response to this? He did what all the Ministers in this decrepit Government do, say whatever in the hope it will all go away and if that doesn't wash, backtrack and say "I wasn't told" or "I wasn't told that". It seems that this is the extent of Ministerial Responsibility these days, that is learning off by heart "I wasn't told" and "I wasn't told that".

First Greg Hunt told Parliament that the Doctor concerned had been fully trained up to administer the vaccine and then he apologised and said the Doctor hadn't been trained after all and anyway, he was only going on what someone had told Deputy Chief Medical Officer Michael Kidd who then told Hunt. Greg Hunt then went on to say one of the most ludicrous and embarrassing things it's possible to say for someone who is allegedly and intelligent person worthy of being in the Parliament; he said, "The safeguards that were put in place immediately kicked into action and a nurse on the scene identified the fact that a higher than prescribed amount of the dose was given to two patients.” Someone aught to explain to that moron what “safeguards” mean! Safeguards are put in place to PREVENT this type of thing from happening!

This "mistake" and incompetence is just another example of how years of public sector cuts to vital Government instrumentalities, with the resultant loss of professionally trained personal and the "out sourcing" of Government responsibilities, is completely against the best interests of Australian citizens.

More contracting and outsourcing screwing Australia to the benefit of politicians' friends

Keeping in mind its almost been two weeks and the par mark is 75k injections a week to have everyone injected by October, we're miles off.

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2021-03-04 at 7.07.11 pm.png
    Screen Shot 2021-03-04 at 7.07.11 pm.png
    9.3 KB · Views: 13
Keeping in mind its almost been two weeks and the par mark is 75k injections a week to have everyone injected by October, we're miles off.

Short and worth a listen:

Liked the statement from public servants that the October target is "more a ministerial declaration" (i.e. not going to happen in the real world).

Short and worth a listen:

Liked the statement from public servants that the October target is "more a ministerial declaration" (i.e. not going to happen in the real world).

Love the 7am podcasts.

Would it be so hard for Australia to be ambitious with its targets and actually try to get everyone vaccinated ASAP. From memory Israel have done an excellent job to date.

Love the 7am podcasts.

Would it be so hard for Australia to be ambitious with its targets and actually try to get everyone vaccinated ASAP. From memory Israel have done an excellent job to date.

40% fully vaccinated.

In a way, we're not in such a rush as the UK and US because we have so little / no community transmission. More worrying is that the government has been giving quarantine workers the Astra vaccine, which is less effective against new variants rather than the Pfizer once.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back