Toast It's the finals countdown - 2021

Remove this Banner Ad

I accidentally posted this in the universal love thread. I meant it for this one.

With injuries and such pending, it's hard to know for sure, but this is what I would say our best team looks like for finals, if we can get them all out there and firing:

B - Rampe, McCartin, Cunningham
HB - Lloyd, Melican, McInerney
C - Dawson, Hewett, Gulden
HF - Heeney, Franklin, Papley
F - Wicks, McLean, Hayward
R - Hickey, Mills, Parker

IC - Kennedy, Rowbottom, Florent, ________?

The last spot I have down to one of four players (Warner, Campbell, Fox and O'Riordan), and it's a flexible spot that could change depending on the opposition and performance. Either between Warner & Campbell for a half forward/wing/rotating mid role, or Fox & O'Riordan for a medium defender/defensive depth role. Whichever role might be needed most depending on our opposition, and then whoever out of each pair is fittest and most likely to contribute.

However given the only players we have right now under injury clouds are mids, I would say Warner. Tbh, I'd probably be inclined to say Warner anyway as I'm a fan and I'd hate to see what was a promising season kinda put on the shelf because of an injury.

I accidentally posted this in the universal love thread. I meant it for this one.

With injuries and such pending, it's hard to know for sure, but this is what I would say our best team looks like for finals, if we can get them all out there and firing:

The last spot I have down to one of four players (Warner, Campbell, Fox and O'Riordan), and it's a flexible spot that could change depending on the opposition and performance. Either between Warner & Campbell for a half forward/wing/rotating mid role, or Fox & O'Riordan for a medium defender/defensive depth role. Whichever role might be needed most depending on our opposition, and then whoever out of each pair is fittest and most likely to contribute.

However given the only players we have right now under injury clouds are mids, I would say Warner. Tbh, I'd probably be inclined to say Warner anyway as I'm a fan and I'd hate to see what was a promising season kinda put on the shelf because of an injury.
Reckon the vacant spot goes to a defender so we have a 7 man defensive group. Fox and O'Riordan both have chops so I don't mind which.
The big question is Mills and JPK. Warner can and should replace one but the other is more difficult. My guess is that the extra midfield minutes would get shared around between Papley, McInerney, Gulden and Heeney. In that case Campbell probably keeps his spot.

yeah, i'd like to think warner plays if he's right and i think fox would be stiff to miss out ...

Don't want to bring us down, but feeling a bit down for Blakey. Really played himself back into form, and wont be able to take advantage of it :(

You're not alone. In my head the last few years, I had an image of us returning to finals with all of the next generation, and Blakey was among them. Sucks that he very nearly made it and just fell short :(

Absolute incredible effort from the club
From seeing untapped potential in kids like jmac
To showing ultimate faith in mccartin and watching him flourish
To the draft masterclass we put on last year
To identifying hickey as a replacement
To getting buddy healthy enough to the point he is hitting his straps heading into the finals.

What an amazing job done by this great club. I could not be more proud to be associated with the Sydney swans football club

(Log in to remove this ad.)

About 4 or 5 weeks ago it was said she was 32 weeks with twins. I had guessed about this week, next, or the week after, depending on how things are travelling.
Second pregnancy so you'd hope all OK.
Twins won't go full term, too much opportunity for things to wrong... usually induced between 35 and 38 weeks, so any day now...

Twins won't go full term, too much opportunity for things to wrong... usually induced between 35 and 38 weeks, so any day now...
well our finals is EF2 ~ 29 August, SF2 ~ 5 Sep then is it final bye before our preliminary final PF1? - works out OK? ;)
Seriously, wishing all the world for Tom and his family.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back