Toast It's the finals countdown - 2021

Remove this Banner Ad

Let this be a lesson folks. The players do nothing other than be pushed around by the telekinetic powers of our posts, it's Bigfooty that truly determines footy results.

We were doomed this week from the outset when this thread was made.

You are a very superstitious lot :p

As they say, keep your expectations so low that you will live a life of pleasant surprises.
Nevertheless, I still think we're a chance to knock off Norf in Rd 22 to make it 5 wins.
No offence, but that's a really crappy way to live... where's the hope? the joy? the belief?

RUNVS may have gone a little early, but have you seen the autopsy thread? The rest of the board is thinking it, just not willing to say it out loud!

Well, I'm a believer, even if I wouldn't have posted the thread...

No offence, but that's a really crappy way to live... where's the hope? the joy? the belief?

RUNVS may have gone a little early, but have you seen the autopsy thread? The rest of the board is thinking it, just not willing to say it out loud!

Joy and belief leads do sadness and disappointment, whereas negativity gives a false sense of satisfaction if we fail, and happiness if we win.

Being a Debby downer is a win win lol.

Haha. I was being a little tongue-in-cheek but I'm sure there's a happy medium somewhere between unbridled positivity and dark pessimism. Let's just call it being realistic. I think all Swans fans have had a reality check the last week with a loss and a bunch of injuries.
Personally I thought we were a sneaky chance of finals at the start of the season and now think we are a good chance but we will need a bit of luck and constant improvement. Let's hope we still get plenty of pleasant surprises as we've been spoiled so far :)

Joy and belief leads do sadness and disappointment, whereas negativity gives a false sense of satisfaction if we fail, and happiness if we win.

OMG! What a way to live... I prefer the highs and lows...

Joy and belief may lead to sadness and disappointment, but may not... they may lead to a really great season full of "how great is it to be a Swannee!"

Haha. I was being a little tongue-in-cheek but I'm sure there's a happy medium somewhere between unbridled positivity and dark pessimism. Let's just call it being realistic. I think all Swans fans have had a reality check the last week with a loss and a bunch of injuries.
Personally I thought we were a sneaky chance of finals at the start of the season and now think we are a good chance but we will need a bit of luck and constant improvement. Let's hope we still get plenty of pleasant surprises as we've been spoiled so far :)
Yes, I knew, so was I a bit...

I'm always dreadfully disappointed when we lose, because I always think we'll win even when odds are stacked!!! And I'm not really very superstitious, more pragmatic... so I don't believe that what I (or anyone else) does or says impacts the outcome of Swans game.. LOL!!!

And yes I think we're a good chance too, with a little bit of luck!

:):cool: :largeredcircle::mwcirlce:

OMG! What a way to live... I prefer the highs and lows...

Joy and belief may lead to sadness and disappointment, but may not... they may lead to a really great season full of "how great is it to be a Swannee!"
If you read through my posts I would say I'm mostly positive, and being negative doesn't actually make you happy. Was more explaining some people's propensity towards negativity. My father is especially this way, one of the worst people to watch a game with hahaha.

If you read through my posts I would say I'm mostly positive, and being negative doesn't actually make you happy. Was more explaining some people's propensity towards negativity. My father is especially this way, one of the worst people to watch a game with hahaha.
You know I reckon if you're* not careful, that can happen as you get older... my mum was a bit the same way...

And yes, I knew that you were explaining not taking ownership

Damn I can't be expressing myself well tonight... sorry... been a very emotional day family wise... just ignore me!

EDIT: * Not you personally, you generally

Honestly being psychic is the best way to be. You can accurately adjust your mood levels to each game in accordance with the result that you know is coming.

But I suppose not everyone can be me.

Yes, I knew, so was I a bit...

I'm always dreadfully disappointed when we lose, because I always think we'll win even when odds are stacked!!! And I'm not really very superstitious, more pragmatic... so I don't believe that what I (or anyone else) does or says impacts the outcome of Swans game.. LOL!!!

And yes I think we're a good chance too, with a little bit of luck!

:):cool: :largeredcircle::mwcirlce:
My other approach is to completely immerse myself in everything football when the Swans are doing well and absorb all the positive vibes but when we are losing I think "It's just a game" and switch my emotions off. It takes a bit of practice but that way you maximise the enjoyment and minimise the disappointment. I'm not a fair weather supporter, it's more of a coping mechanism because I love the Swans so much.

My other approach is to completely immerse myself in everything football when the Swans are doing well and absorb all the positive vibes but when we are losing I think "It's just a game" and switch my emotions off. It takes a bit of practice but that way you maximise the enjoyment and minimise the disappointment. I'm not a fair weather supporter, it's more of a coping mechanism because I love the Swans so much.
Hahaha that's me to a tee!!!!
Since the start of the season I reckon I've read every footy article and watched every footy show to devour every bit of Swans news I could get - till this week where I've read and watched absolutely nothing.
Family think I'm a crazy person, and to be honest, they'd be right :tearsofjoy:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

9388d42949eb0624ccd6c9cde1d6dcd4.jpg

Since the start of the season I reckon I've read every footy article and watched every footy show to devour every bit of Swans news I could get - till this week where I've read and watched absolutely nothing.

nah, makes perfect sense, i'm the same ... most of the footy media are pretty irritating in a lot of ways when it comes to the swans, particularly certain people in the victorian footy media

Done the same thing. Barely been on bigfooty the last week :p

Can we this thread "It's the wooden spoon countdown - 2021", maybe then we'll start winning again.

It's good for a laugh and all, but I don't think RUNVS was wrong for creating this thread. So he was optimistic and had more faith than the rest of us? Big deal.

Seeing our drop in form coming hasn't made me feel any better now that it's happened, so if anything I wish I had just embraced the hype and enjoyed it more when we were in that 3-0 stage.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back