Think Tank It's time. Essendon should no longer be known as the 'Bombers'

Remove this Banner Ad

Hello Bay. How are you? I am fine.

Now many of you will know a little of Essendon's chequered history.
The first relocated club, the first attempted merger (with Hotham), claiming a 'premiership' despite not playing in a grand final (1924)... and of course their terrible history with names.

There was time when they weren't the 'Bombers' but a rather more disturbing nickname: "The Blood Stained N...." well I don't want to use that word but here's a hint to it:

1551833432666.png

In modern times they are called the "Bombers" but surely we can no longer condone a club who have 'brought the game into disrepute' being named after one of two things: either death machines from the sky who kill (many innocent) people:
1551833555952.png

1551833545956.png

Or a scourge even greater than James Hird's history with Charters/Dank/French Mistresses:

1551833605763.png

The obvious solution is to rename them: the Essendon Mosquitoes (and no that's not a reference to the wooden, two engine aircraft from WW2).

Firstly they already use a mosquito as that mascot:

1551833700972.png

They're blood sucking parasites that use a long thin implement to enter the sub-dermal layer of unsuspecting humans, cause untold misery worldwide and are generally annoying to be around.

If anyone has any other suggestions, I'm all ears.

they could name them after their supporters, but 'the pack of campaigners' will possibly* be seen with a degree of negativity.
I doubt most Essendon supporters provide the warmth, depth or utility of your average campaigner

Jeez Mofra you think about us a lot hey

(Log in to remove this ad.)

The "Tullamarine Industrial Park Mosquitoes"

Abbreviation: TIP Mozzies.
Alternatively...

Tullamarine Industrial Park Random Access Terminals

Abbreviation: Tip Rats

Save the hassle and merge them with north and ship them both to tassie. Third team in Queensland is needed

They also play an air-raid siren before the game which is inappropriate.
That's despicable. Potentially triggering PTSD among our brave ex-servicemen and women.

Shame Essendon, shame :thumbsdown:

Remove this Banner Ad

Back