Discussion It's Time For A Change.

Should Match Threads Start on Wednesday?

• Yes.

Votes: 23 67.6%
  • No.

Votes: 11 32.4%

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Dear SFA,

I hope you are all holding up well in these "unprecedented" times. Banding together as a community and of course wearing your ******* masks!

It is time for me to address a few things that have been on my mind. I am struggling to afford the $270 an hour sessions with TheCoach16 so here it is for all of the SFA folk.

KohPhi first brought this up and is a big advocate and I have to say over the past couple of seasons I am now on board.

We need to make some changes to freshen the SFA up.

Over the past few seasons this has continued to creep in the wrong direction and it is time to restructure the SFA week. We need to push the posting of the match threads to Wednesday. Putting them up on a Monday just turns it into a very long winded exercise. It means we have 7 days of match thread "banter" and it is far too much to fill.

If we started them on a Wednesday it would then give the Monday and Tuesday for post match discussion, stats and also the chance for media to get a look in. In addition it gives posters a chance to catch their breath after 5 days of banter to reload for the next game.

There seems to be a rush to get the match threads up nowadays and I for one feel it is cheapening a great part of the SFA.

Get behind me SFA, apparently if we get 10 "yes" votes this will be put in place.

Tony xoxo.

Dear SFA,

I hope you are all holding up well in these "unprecedented" times. Banding together as a community and of course wearing your ******* masks!

It is time for me to address a few things that have been on my mind. I am struggling to afford the $270 an hour sessions with TheCoach16 so here it is for all of the SFA folk.

KohPhi first brought this up and is a big advocate and I have to say over the past couple of seasons I am now on board.

Over the past few seasons this has continued to creep in the wrong direction and it is time to restructure the SFA week. We need to push the posting of the match threads to Wednesday. Putting them up on a Monday just turns it into a very long winded exercise. It means we have 7 days of match thread "banter" and it is far too much to fill.

If we started them on a Wednesday it would then give the Monday and Tuesday for post match discussion, stats and also the chance for media to get a look in. In addition it gives posters a chance to catch their breath after 5 days of banter to reload for the next game.

There seems to be a rush to get the match threads up nowadays and I for one feel it is cheapening a great part of the SFA.

Get behind me SFA, apparently if we get 10 "yes" votes this will be put in place.

Tony xoxo.
I agree.

When I had a match thread against the Bombers. I would have appreciated the 2 days off.

It begs the question though, with two days less of a Bombers match thread, do you get 28.5% less of Bombers s**t in your life?

Or does the 28.5% of s**t flow in to rubbish threads like this...OR, do they cram the 28.5% of s**t that we would gladly miss into the 5 days, making it seem even MORE intolerable to "banter" against the Bombers?

Tuesday night- Wednesday morning sounds ok

Here’s the thing though, do people realise they can pick and choose when they post? Just because a match thread is up monday-sunday (should be tuesday start anyway) doesn’t mean you have to post every one of those days.

I agree.

When I had a match thread against the Bombers. I would have appreciated the 2 days off.

It begs the question though, with two days less of a Bombers match thread, do you get 28.5% less of Bombers sh*t in your life?

Or does the 28.5% of sh*t flow in to rubbish threads like this...OR, do they cram the 28.5% of sh*t that we would gladly miss into the 5 days, making it seem even MORE intolerable to "banter" against the Bombers?
This is a serious subject, being discussed by the intellectuals of the SFA ......please go back to your sandbox

Bomber bashing is simply taking cheap shots

Last edited:
Dear SFA,

Tony xoxo.
Season 26 asks are you kidding? Season 30 me nods knowingly.

This is a serious subject, being discussed by the intellectuals of the SFA ......please go back to your sandbox

Bomber bashing are simply cheap shots
Tony has posed a fair question. How about you stop being a dickhead and actually contribute to the conversation?

Here’s the thing though, do people realise they can pick and choose when they post? Just because a match thread is up monday-sunday (should be tuesday start anyway) doesn’t mean you have to post every one of those days.
Yes, but Wednesday posting of matchthreads could force the likes of cooney into the outside world, and help his Agoraphobia

I agree.

It begs the question though, with two days less of a Bombers match thread, do you get 28.5% less of Bombers sh*t in your life?

Or does the 28.5% of sh*t flow in to rubbish threads like this...OR, do they cram the 28.5% of sh*t that we would gladly miss into the 5 days, making it seem even MORE intolerable to "banter" against the Bombers?
This is what's wrong with the SFA. This isn't even a piss take thread, but because a bomber posted it dickheads like you automatically go into ******* mode. Or is that standard practice for you?

True but then you have 20 pages to catch up on later and numerous tags.

Tony has posed a fair question. How about you stop being a dickhead and actually contribute to the conversation?
Looks at Barrybran 's first post contribution ........wonders if there's anything in his head

cartoon-bang-head-jpg.gif

This is what's wrong with the SFA. This isn't even a piss take thread, but because a bomber posted it dickheads like you automatically go into ******* mode. Or is that standard practice for you?

True but then you have 20 pages to catch up on later and numerous tags.

Oh dear, do you really think you have to read every post in a match thread?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Bomber bashing is simply taking cheap shots
What, you mean it's the opposite of when a Bomber comes n and takes cheap shots?

Well, I never....

And WaynesWorld19 you want serious input?

I vote YES to Wednesday for EXACTLY the reasons I outlined. 2 days out of 7 is roughly 28.5% less time.

And with the Bombers, that works for me.

Do it, do it now. I don't even know why it needs discussing.

When I'm Admin Bombers match threads will go up 10 pm Saturday night once everyone is sufficiently lubricated.

Mate if the criteria was "suitably lubricated" you could put yours up at 9.30am Monday.

It's page one and you're already dereailing your own teammate's thread. Contribute something meaningful or fu** off.
And you want to be Admin ......someone with your instability should reconsider this obvious stupid idea

Back