Prediction It's Time for Zippedy Doedee!!

Should we debut Doedee this week

• Yes

Votes: 63 49.2%
  • Of course

Votes: 10 7.8%
  • Should have played last week

Votes: 14 10.9%
  • I wanted Ryan Burton and am still miserable and can't support this lad.

Votes: 13 10.2%
  • Does a bear s**t in the woods?

Votes: 20 15.6%
  • Yes yes yes

Votes: 3 2.3%
  • I can't believe you're even asking. YES.

Votes: 5 3.9%

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Correct I have no problems in calling out our mistake on that one

Plenty others are calling out Thommo getting selected

Calling out campo and Clarke

Calling out Mackay

Is it because you like Hamish and you don't won't to hear snything against his mistake

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app
Listen up. Once more it was not Hamish' fault that Doedee hasnt got a game. NOT EVEN BURTON WOULD HAVE PLAYED A GAME YET IF SELECTED

We all know burton would have torn the sanfl apart he would have won the Margery after 8 games and he has proven it in the afl schooling tex the other week

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app
Lets save some time

No he wouldnt
Yes he would
No he wouldnt
Yes he would
No he wouldnt
Yes he would
No he wouldnt
Yes he would
No he wouldnt
Yes he would
No he wouldnt
Yes he would

That should sort out the next 20 posts :thumbsu:

Lets save some time

No he wouldnt
Yes he would
No he wouldnt
Yes he would
No he wouldnt
Yes he would
No he wouldnt
Yes he would
No he wouldnt
Yes he would
No he wouldnt
Yes he would

That should sort out the next 20 posts :thumbsu:
Maybe he could ?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Would another club be interested in Doedee? Was a pretty low key draftee but supposedly a few other clubs had him on their radar.

Reasonable first couple of seasons in SANFL.

No obvious first team prospects here. All our defenders are young so no obvious spots opening up. No one likely to shift to midfield. When Brown was injured he didn't play. If Lever goes I imagine we'd prefer three genuine talls so Otten in. Kelly has the spot ahead of him and is only young himself.

Will he be prepared to do what Lyons did and tough it out for a few more years? He may not get the choice I guess (no suitors). Would love to know how he views his progress and prospects here.

Would another club be interested in Doedee? Was a pretty low key draftee but supposedly a few other clubs had him on their radar.

Reasonable first couple of seasons in SANFL.

No obvious first team prospects here. All our defenders are young so no obvious spots opening up. No one likely to shift to midfield. When Brown was injured he didn't play. If Lever goes I imagine we'd prefer three genuine talls so Otten in. Kelly has the spot ahead of him and is only young himself.

Will he be prepared to do what Lyons did and tough it out for a few more years? He may not get the choice I guess (no suitors). Would love to know how he views his progress and prospects here.

He's probably so frustrated the club would never allow him to be interviewed

Treat 'em mean keep your 'em keen.

We've given a few guns armchair rides and they get over inflated egos and piss off.

Meanwhile players seem to want to 'prove themselves' at clubs that don't play them. I remember Tom Mitchell saying how much he wanted to stay at Sydney when he couldn't get a game. He signed a new contract, got heaps of games then ran away as soon as a better offer came.

Lever and Gov have been given plenty of opportunities, but hardly seem to feel they owe the club. Likewise, Gunston.

The point is there seems little correlation with players being frustrated and leaving for not getting games compare to those who do get games.

Gunston? Was dropped four times in his first 8 games. During a period we were woeful. Finally started getting regular games at the very end of 2011 but by then he'd decided to leave I'm sure.

I think the club underestimates what a major impact even a one-off game (Doedee in for the injured Brown for one week) has on a player. You want players to fall in love with the idea of playing for the club. To get a thirst for it.

Gunston? Was dropped four times in his first 8 games. During a period we were woeful. Finally started getting regular games at the very end of 2011 but by then he'd decided to leave I'm sure.

I think the club underestimates what a major impact even a one-off game (Doedee in for the injured Brown for one week) has on a player. You want players to fall in love with the idea of playing for the club. To get a thirst for it.
The point is Gunston WAS getting games and still left.

The point is Gunston WAS getting games and still left.
Horse had bolted. Got some token games after it was too late. I'm sure he remembers being shunted off to Elizabeth while our team struggled more than anything else.

Was good that we gave Gallucci a taste I guess. Would love Doedee to at least get a couple of games. Give him something to build on.

Horse had bolted. Got some token games after it was too late. I'm sure he remembers being shunted off to Elizabeth while our team struggled more than anything else.

Was good that we gave Gallucci a taste I guess. Would love Doedee to at least get a couple of games. Give him something to build on.
But isn't that the point? "token games" weren't enough for Gunston, so why would they make any difference to Doedee?

Also I think Gunston had a bit of an entitlement mentality that is different to others, but the point still stands.

But isn't that the point? "token games" weren't enough for Gunston, so why would they make any difference to Doedee?

Also I think Gunston had a bit of an entitlement mentality that is different to others, but the point still stands.
He didn't get games when he deserved them and when he was deciding whether his future lay in Adelaide.

We decided to shunt Mackay/Douglas back to defence to cover Brown rather than elevate Doedee. That is gross mismanagement IMO. Highlights a complete lack of trust in the player, complete lack of trust in our drafting, complete lack of trust in our development and a complete lack of trust in our system.

I think we should request to play Brisbane twice next season so we at least have double the chances to give players a debut game...couldn't possibly risk it against anyone else.

Back