Its time to go Trigg!!!!

Remove this Banner Ad

For once, we are in agreement. I cannot, for the life of me, understand how Ball got away with what he did, without getting done for Draft Tampering. One of the most blatant cases in years.
any more so than what Tippett is trying to do. He wants to go to Sydney but won't even talk with GWS. Again, he isn't a free agent!

We have effectively lost our first five draft picks from this year. Two first round picks for Tippett, our first round and second round picks that we handed back, and the pre season draft pick. And that's before the hearing even begins. Good on you Trigg and his defenders/supporters.

I'm splitting hairs here, but it's first four. We didn't lose a PSD pick. Even if we had, we had picks 62 and 81 before it.

Yep, a failure in his duty. He made a mistake. Now at this stage it's only speculation as to how big or what indeed actually happened. Chapman has said he shouldn't be hung on the basis of one mistake, that all the good he has done for the club needs to be taken into account. So until we hear everything, I am not prepared to be his judge or executioner. Like all good jurors, I will wait to hear all the facts before I pass judgement.

Jenny

Just by the nature of the AFC admitting guilt, already accepting s level of penalty and now entering a plea bargaining process is another fact to confirm that we are in damage control and attempting to salvage the train wreck to which the CEO needs to be held to account

With this in mind there is already a level of facts available which are undisputed Even by the club which must result in Triggy standing aside

However what you are actually waiting for is a good result from our plea bargaining and the club's PR spin in support of this result as the basis to support Triggy remaining in the role

At the end of the day regardless of the punishment and PR spin the facts are

1. The club has admitted guilt
2. Triggy by nature of offering his resignation has implicated himself in the process
3. We have already lost draft picks
4. We are trying to minimize our punishment through a plea bargaining process with the AFL

To conclude, yes I am hopeful and confident in getting a reduced sentence from the AFL commission however no amount of PR spin will insult my intelligence or blur my thinking that our CEO should be held account for this mess

Finally I just sense that if our CEO didn't have the name of Steven Trigg you might have a different view on this matter

So are toyota sponsoring trigg, or the Adelaide footy club? That would a question that I would ask. Align yourself to tre footy club or the CEO? Your choice. I'm quite certain that 30,000 odd people turn up to support the CEO. Ha ha.
I would say that the AFC would like to keep Toyota as a MAJOR sponsor. Instead of looking at the little picture and your obvious dislike for our CEO start looking at the BIG picture of how sacking a very much liked and respected CEO could affect our Club as a whole. I prefer to look at the big picture so in affect I support the AFC...my god some people have very little vision o_O...My support will ALWAYS be for the club and I will never threaten to pull my membership...and before anyone gets upset and takes it personally I am NOT having a go at anyone this just my personal opinion...

I would say that the AFC would like to keep Toyota as a MAJOR sponsor. Instead of looking at the little picture and your obvious dislike for our CEO start looking at the BIG picture of how sacking a very much liked and respected CEO could affect our Club as a whole. I prefer to look at the big picture so in affect I support the AFC...my god some people have very little vision o_O...My support will ALWAYS be for the club and I will never threaten to pull my membership...and before anyone gets upset and takes it personally I am NOT having a go at anyone this just my personal opinion...

Some reasonable points.

If North Melbourne are any indication, decent football club CEO's aren't exactly falling out of trees at the moment.

Big picture is that we have a long standing relationship with most of our major sponsors and primarily their sponsorship is in support to our Club Brand and Values

With that said regardless of Trigg's popularity with his fellow (Sponsorship) executive members I would safely say that these sponsors regardless of thedecision on Trigg would put the bigger picture first and that is the organization relationship / partnership takes priority

This is not a Aust Idol popularity contest, our relationship with some of our major sponsors were built prior to Trigg and will continue post Trigg

See this is the thing that pisses me off. You all base your opinions on the fact that Trigg believed the agreement to be in play. There is this belief that he has deliberately mislead the board, and us. As far as he is concerned the agreement was null and void, nothing to see here. He never once lied because he didnt believe the agreement was in play. The only mistake I can see is him failing to get the rescinded agreement in writing. In the end event, this may see him lose his job, not because he lied and cheated because he didn't, but because he took a man at his word.

So if he thought the agreement was null and void then why was he getting Harper to direct sponsorship funds from Balfours to Tippett ?

Surely if the deal was null and void and the Crows recinded their promise to underwrite his TPPs there would have been no reason for us to be writing to Balfours asking them to re-direct a portion of our sponsorship money to Tippett. Sorry Jen, but it seems like you're just as guilty as everyone else is of trying to base an argument on limited information.

So if he thought the agreement was null and void then why was he getting Harper to direct sponsorship funds from Balfours to Tippett ?

What? He did no such thing. Balfours' boss was the one that decided he wanted to get more bang for his buck so he wanted to reduce the $$ to the Club for Showdown sponsorship and put it into a player who would then do advertising for them. HE was the one that suggested Kurt not Trigg, not Harper. This was done at a lunch with Harps I believe, and Harps confirmed it by email (this is the email the AFL are supposedly using alluding to the "crime"). He was in charge of sponsorship at the time. I'm pretty sure they have a statement from Balfours confirming this.

Surely if the deal was null and void and the Crows recinded their promise to underwrite his TPPs there would have been no reason for us to be writing to Balfours asking them to re-direct a portion of our sponsorship money to Tippett. Sorry Jen, but it seems like you're just as guilty as everyone else is of trying to base an argument on limited information.

Think what you want. But I am very confident that my account of what happened in the Balfours case is very close to the mark.

[quote="Vader, post: 26532473,

No.. carrying on as if Tippett were a hack (a word you've used repeatedly)... when multiple clubs have offered him deals upwards of $600k per season (putting him in the top 10% of AFL earners no matter where he ends up), when there is near universal agreement (ignoring the occasional idiotic Sydney supporter) regarding his trade value. That's what makes you pig ignorant and flat out wrong.. but you do have a long history of being flat out wrong in most of your posts.[/quote]

Please enlighten me on this?

I'm not sure at which point you expected me to have changed my mind. He hasn't played any footy since this whole saga came up. Should Tippett requesting a trade to Sydney lower his draft pick value?

In terms of what he brings on the field, Tippett was and is worth more than pick 8 in my opinion, yes.

He played the whole of 2012 since that trade was proposed. Thatd have to lower his value

[quote="Vader, post: 26532473,

No.. carrying on as if Tippett were a hack (a word you've used repeatedly)... when multiple clubs have offered him deals upwards of $600k per season (putting him in the top 10% of AFL earners no matter where he ends up), when there is near universal agreement (ignoring the occasional idiotic Sydney supporter) regarding his trade value. That's what makes you pig ignorant and flat out wrong.. but you do have a long history of being flat out wrong in most of your posts.

Please enlighten me on this?[/quote]
Just search through my back catalogue, looking for posts where I've said you were wrong.. again. Should correspond to roughly 30% of your total posts, given that I haven't bothered responding to all of your rubbish.

It's a rare, rare day when you get something right - like you did today with your call regarding Ball and the lack of action regarding "draft tampering" in his case.

A couple of weeks ago I said - keep trigg if no more draft picks lost, if more first and second round picks are lost then sack him, if only 3rd and 4th round are lost its line ball.

Thinking about it, I'm changing my tune.

If I were in Trigg's position, this is how I would thinking re the current situation:

"I'm a very competent and professional person that's been made to look like a total idiot over this. I'm angry, at many things, but mostly myself.

I want to restore my reputation and my employer's and I'm going to work my butt off to do it. I swear to myself that I won't make the same mistake again, this club will be run watertight for as long as I'm here, also, never again will I let an individual come before the club no matter how much it hurts."

If this was his sentiment, he'd be really good to keep. He would have learnt from his mistake, he wont make it again and I reckon he'd be uber motivated to do things that make several big statements show his competency, which could only be good for the club.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Too bad Rendell didn't get this opportunity.
...& Rendell's actions were relatively minor causing no significant harm to AFC & were made in private forum outed by someone who has lied & protected by the AFL... yet was shown the door as quick fashion with no credit points for building up our healthiest list ever ... yet for a major screw-up impacting on AFC bigtime no one has (yet) been made accountable ... go figure. Is this good management.

Let me get this straight

clause is written, 3 weeks later rescinded via email - not much to hang people on!

The other party needs to agree to rescind, its not enough to just say i want out. That's what agreement is, something agreed by 2 or more parties.

When only one person agrees it counts for nothing.

So both agree, then later 1 side wants out = agreement still in place.

If I were in Trigg's position, this is how I would thinking re the current situation:

"I'm a very competent and professional person that's been made to look like a total idiot over this. I'm angry, at many things, but mostly myself.

I want to restore my reputation and my employer's and , which could only be good for the club.

Good thoughtful post Carmo, the only problem is whether his moral authority has been fatally wounded. We won't really know that until it all comes out at the hearing on friday. If he's shown to be dodgy or incompetent it won't be easily recoverable.

If I can make a couple of comments on the points you make:

'I'm going to work my butt off'
Presumably he has always been doing this anyway, the problem hasn't been lack of hard work.

'I won't make the same mistake again'
True, but everybody in football will have learned from this and nobody will be making these mistakes again.

'this club will be run watertight for as long as I'm here'
Not sure what you mean by this, maybe suggesting he wasn't aware of everything going on and will improve in this aspect?

'never again will I let an individual come before the club no matter how much it hurts.'
This has been a hard-earned lesson for everyone, don't sell our soul is the phrase we've all been using. Good point.

'I reckon he'd be uber motivated to do things that make several big statements show his competency'
True, but we expect competency from our CEO as a given. If you're suggesting he stands up to the AFL I certainly agree on this point.

I hope he is allowed to go with dignity ie. resign in good time, but just feel we as a club would be better off with the best qualified most highly-respected CEO we can afford.

The problem with one side pulling out of a written deal is that the other side could still enforce the original written agreement by taking it to court. This seems to be what happened......when we didn't do the Sydney trade the Tippett camp threatened to sue us, we THEN took it to the AFL. (This is yet to be confirmed of course).

With hindsight, we could have had it officially annuled at the time by taking it to the AFL then, when Trigg allegedly withdrew. 'Sorry Vlad, we just made an agreement with Tippett but having double checked the rules we might have stuffed up, so I've told them we can't do this, just wanted to let you know for transparency's sake.' Minor slap on the wrist I would have thought, for stupidity.

Three years later we look complicit in deception.

One thing confuses me though. When Noble was interviewed on 5AA during the trade period this year and asked if there was a secret agreement his equivocal answer indicated he believed there was still a secret agreement. He could have said a flat 'no' if he believed there was no secret agreement in play.

Pre trade period trigg confirmed publicly that there was an understanding, a gentlemens agreement - which flies in face of there was no agreement at all because I rescinded the formal one

When he says we will no longer abide by it going into trade week that acknowledges it still exists, not was cancelled 3 years earlier

It can't be both. If he cancelled it 3 weeks after agreeing it, then he cannot be saying "yes there is something, but don't worry"

Its about something or not, it exists in force or it does not. This narrative wants to believe both, I do not

The coin comes up either heads or tails

I'm splitting hairs here, but it's first four. We didn't lose a PSD pick. Even if we had, we had picks 62 and 81 before it.

And sadly, we could have landed 4 players to set us up for 10 years to come with those picks. Grundy and Kennedy would likely have been Crows players by now, and the whole board would have been buzzing with enthusiasm about the future. The club would be on a high and even more so if we had still landed Siggins and Atkins with the later picks. Our window would have been open for years to come with that extra talent available to us on our list.

Looking at the bargains the other clubs picked up, we are going to be cursing this in 3 years time when all their players are beginning to hit stride and we are just being allowed back in the draft again, and our list remains mostly the same, but with Johncock, Callinan, Rutten, Thompson, Reilly, and Porplyzia all either gone or on their way out. Worse still if we can't re-sign Danger and Sloane then.

That cost alone should dictate that someone loses their job over this. If I cost my company that much with one deal I wouldn't even get a hearing to defend myself. Make no mistake, we were a good team this year, but we will be standing still while everyone else moves forward for the next couple of years. Where is the talent to match Grundy and Kennedy on the park in 2015/16 coming from? We already sacked the best recruiter in the land!

...& Rendell's actions were relatively minor causing no significant harm to AFC & were made in private forum outed by someone who has lied & protected by the AFL... yet was shown the door as quick fashion with no credit points for building up our healthiest list ever ... yet for a major screw-up impacting on AFC bigtime no one has (yet) been made accountable ... go figure. Is this good management.
Let's not forget that Rendell had previously been warned about the consequences of opening his mouth in public. This was not his first offence by any stretch of the imagination.

That said, I have no doubt Rendell's execution was orchestrated from AFL house, with Trigg & co appalled at having no choice but to lose the best recruitment manager the club has ever had.

Let's not forget that Rendell had previously been warned about the consequences of opening his mouth in public. This was not his first offence by any stretch of the imagination.

That said, I have no doubt Rendell's execution was orchestrated from AFL house, with Trigg & co appalled at having no choice but to lose the best recruitment manager the club has ever had.
Did Rendell's punishment reflect the crime?

If Trigg & co were appalled at the AFL, then why not show some balls & stand-up to them - in the best interests of AFC to keep their best ever recruiter? Yet the guy who made this all public - Misfud, who makes mistake aftr mistake, gets off scott free.

What Trigg has done/not done with regard the Tippett saga & it's impact on AFC is so many scales worse it's not funny ... yet he has been getting all this support - which Rendell was not given, for a much minor indiscretion.

Where is the fairness in this?

What message does this send about the management of our club?

I have no doubt Rendell's execution was orchestrated from AFL house, with Trigg & co appalled at having no choice but to lose the best recruitment manager the club has ever had.

Vader, I'm sure you're right about the pressure coming from AFL house to sack him, but you always have a choice. Even if the AFL then went on to ban Rendell from AFL activities for awhile, we could still have stood by him and re-employed him, surely. And now he's at Collingwood.....

Remove this Banner Ad

Back