Its time to go Trigg!!!!

Remove this Banner Ad

One wonders if we were so complicit with sacking rendell was because we knew this was coming!!!!!

Wouldn't have been good to shove it up AFL, to later need them to look upon us favourably.

I think Triggy has been a very good CEO, but I also think we are due for and need a change. Even if we come out of this fine and I'm a lot more confident we will versus a lot of you (my thoughts based on Chapman's confidence yesterday) I still think we should have a new CEO. History shows we are a bit too slow to change coaches, we're probably a bit slow in other areas as well.

If Tippett leaves 3 years ago, people call for his head as we can not keep talented players

Not true at all, if he left and the club came out straight away and explained the reasons why, I would have backed the club 100%.

You may be being a bit harsh on Noble, his hands have probably been tied?

You may have as you are a reasonable poster but some are not. Some just want to get rid of him at any cost and would sake him if he didn't sell them a raffle ticket.

This board has some very fickle posters.

Nobody would've criticised them if they'd said;

"We terminated negotiations with Tippett and his Management as they were asking us to put illegal clauses and conditions into his Contract, which would compromise our entire Club and leave us open to massive sanctions."

Trigg, Harper and Noble are all gone.

Other members of the board should seriously consider departing as well, since it appears the whole board knew of this.

Hate to invoke her name, but Caro is adamant that it was only Reid and Trigg who were aware of it - and that Chapman was the one who demanded they report it as soon as Trigg confirmed it to him.

Unlike a lot of you, I've never been a Trigg-hater; I think he's made some mistakes (ie, Rendell), but he's done a reasonable job.

All irrelevant now - he should've already stood down, and if he doesn't, he needs to be terminated, immediately.

Doing this isn't strong or ruthless, it was gutless and weak - and bowing to pressure from a couple of pricks in Tippett & Blucher.

He's brought our Club into disrepute. Again, Caro on the radio said the general feeling within the AFL System is complete shock - Adelaide, one of the most respected, professional and honest Clubs; embroiled in this?

We will more than likely be labelled as cheats after this, and we'll deserve it.

What a shameful, embarrassing position to put our Club in.

He should fall on his sword tomorrow; if not, he should be sacked.

All irrelevant now - he should've already stood down, and if he doesn't, he needs to be terminated, immediately.

Let wait and see the outcome of the finding.

If the club are found guilt and are the ones who instigated this, yes - gone

If not - he was only doing his jo0b by getting Tippett to stay.

Nope.

If Trigg told us the kind of contract demands Tippett was making then no one would've had a problem letting him go.

Hindsight is always a wonderful thing and allows people to have a different opinion to what they normally would.

Can't agree to that mate.

He's agreed to it and signed off on it; he's cooked.

He should step down immediately, so Chapman can actually make a case to the AFL that we are cleaning up our own mess, and try and convince them not to smash us too brutally.

Nobody would've criticised them if they'd said;

"We terminated negotiations with Tippett and his Management as they were asking us to put illegal clauses and conditions into his Contract, which would compromise our entire Club and leave us open to massive sanctions."

Hate to invoke her name, but Caro is adamant that it was only Reid and Trigg who were aware of it - and that Chapman was the one who demanded they report it as soon as Trigg confirmed it to him.

Unlike a lot of you, I've never been a Trigg-hater; I think he's made some mistakes (ie, Rendell), but he's done a reasonable job.

Doing this isn't strong or ruthless, it was gutless and weak - and bowing to pressure from a couple of pricks in Tippett & Blucher.

He's brought our Club into disrepute. Again, Caro on the radio said the general feeling within the AFL System is complete shock - Adelaide, one of the most respected, professional and honest Clubs; embroiled in this?

We will more than likely be labelled as cheats after this, and we'll deserve it.

What a shameful, embarrassing position to put our Club in.

He should fall on his sword tomorrow; if not, he should be sacked.

Totally agree with you. Heard that interview tonight and couldn't believe what I was hearing.
The only good to come out of it was that Adelaide handed the whole mess over to the AFL before Tiprat brought the lawyers in.

Can't agree to that mate.

He's agreed to it and signed off on it; he's cooked.

He should step down immediately, so Chapman can actually make a case to the AFL that we are cleaning up our own mess, and try and convince them not to smash us too brutally.

Let's see what happens over the next few days.

You will possibly get your wish.

Hindsight is always a wonderful thing and allows people to have a different opinion to what they normally would.
I don't think any of us were especially upset at Trigg for Bock or Davis leaving. It was unfortunate, but there weren't a lot of calls for his head over either of those moves. Most of the blame went to the AFL, or to the players themselves.

I like what you say we should be aspiring to. :thumbsu:
If the AFL takes over from the SANFL, though, will things be different? We still won't be a member owned and run club, it's just that AFL House's agenda will replace SANFL's in the Board Room.:(

Quite frankly, I don't want a 100% member owned and run club, I don't think that is the way to go as you end up like the Kangaroo's with too much board room politics. At least if the AFL buys back our license, we are no longer subject to the whim's of two masters, one of whom (SANFL) I believe has been holding back our club for a long time, seeking what is best for the SANFL and not the AFC.

Dammed if he does, dammed if he doesn't

If Tippett leaves 3 years ago, people call for his head as we can not keep talented players

The club (Trigg, Harper, Reid et el) does what it takes to keep him and rolls the dice to keep for much longer and finds itself in this crap.

Saying that - it's time for Trigg to move on.

However, we need make sure we find a way to change the culture of the club where we become far more transparent, open and honest as well as going to the AFL to find a way of keeping players who choose to leave.

You're right, the club at the time was caught between a rock and an extremely hard place with regards to Tippett.

At the time, we had just gone through a 10 year period without a genuine gun KPF and suddenly Tippett arrives as our savior in the latter half of 2009. This is a guy with not only massive onfield potential, but the potential to be our biggest marketing boom since Tony Modra, only problem is he's from the GC and they're about to receive a new team and can pinch him for nothing, leaving us at the whims of the AFL's yet to be released compensation. Couple this with the fact that we were expected to be top 4 contenders in 2010.

Now unfortunately Tippett/family and his manager realised how much we needed them at the time and decided use it to their advantage, essentially holding a gun to our heads. Unfortunately for us, they were dealing with a couple of arrogant, pig-headed, but ultimately cowardly imbeciles, who were stupid and desperate enough to actually accept their demands and put it in writing.

Now the sad thing on our behalf is that instead of blindly following along, at that point, we should have realised what kind of character Tippett and his manager were and that we as a club would be best be rid of him. It really is quite unbelievable that these buffoons were stupid enough to actually think this was at all a good idea.

Following this Trigg must fall on his sword, or at the very least have it shoved through him. To bring the club into such disrepute and cause us this much s**t, it is completely untenable. The fact that he was on holidays at the time makes this even worse. The fact that he thought that as CEO approaching of a club approaching such a combustible situation, he wouldn't be required, just shows how deluded and arrogant he is.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

To crows members out there what email did Trigg send out late this afternoon? I'm an SANFL member with crows listed as my team and haven't received one. Just wondering if it was about new memberships or something different. Been told whatever it was he wasn't meant to send it yet.

To crows members out there what email did Trigg send out late this afternoon? I'm an SANFL member with crows listed as my team and haven't received one. Just wondering if it was about new memberships or something different. Been told whatever it was he wasn't meant to send it yet.

It was just the 2013 membership renewal mass email - apparently we're aiming for 50,000 members - with the link to the 19th Man memberships on the AFC website. (Signed by "Adelaide Football Club Limited")

I would assume Trigg would be too embarrassed to continue at the AFC.
Hasn't stopped him in the past. I would have thought 14 yrs without a grand final and a slow decline in our off-field standing would be enough to bring in new blood, but apparently not lol.

I think ppl forget how good the club could be if excited its supporters, the afc literally has 90% of support in the state.

Surely we need to understand exactly what the crime is before we demand a resignation. Good, strong clubs hold firm in the front office and don't pander to media and a few supporters with pitchforks. Our club was expertly handled the last 12 months (with the Rendell sacking the one exception) moving a coach on, appointing the right next coach, young talent coming through etc. everyone needs to settle a little before we sack our CEO over at this stage 1 error.

The damage is already done regardless of what the AFL finds. This has hurt the clubs brand more than anything I can remember. Trigg has to go.

Also paying overs, and dodgy side-dealing to get Kurt was never in the best interest of the club. They've always stated that no one man is more important than the club but they've completely failed us here. If we had let him go to QLD in 2009 we would have gotten better compensation, plus had an extra 2 years to develop one of our young forwards. Now not only are we losing Tippett, we are being investigated for draft tampering. This reaks of poor management through and through.

Trigg, Harper and Noble are all gone.

Other members of the board should seriously consider departing as well, since it appears the whole board knew of this.
Why Noble?

He was in no way part of this. When this thing happened, Noble was an assistant coach. He has as much involvement in this mess as you and I. The fact that he was prepared to accept White and 23 is because he was severely handcuffed with this existing agreement that he was not part of.

Not sure about Harper. Having said that he was transitioning into the role for about 6 months so he might have been aware of it.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back