Prediction It's time to go...

Remove this Banner Ad

Would people buy into Tom McDonald being traded for Lever?
With so few tall players on our list i'm not going to trade a tall for a tall, cancels it out regardless of talent levels

Well Adelaide would be wanting something decent wouldn't they?
I think the trade will be done with picks. Adelaide don't have as much leverage at the trade table as some of their fans think due to Lever being OOC. Adelaide will also lose more leverage when Lever nominates his club of choice as they can really only deal with the nominated club even if other clubs can offer better trades for Lever. If Lever nominates us, Adelaide will probably ask for 2 first round picks. If we gave them 2 first round picks then I'd expect them to give a pick back possibly their 2018 2nd round pick is reasonable. However, I do think we could get the deal done without us giving them 2 first round picks. I don't think we will have to give up any of our players on our list currently and T Mac would be one of the last I'd give up tbh. What I do know for sure though is that if Lever nominates us or any other club, the deal will get done regardless.

I think the trade will be done with picks. Adelaide don't have as much leverage at the trade table as some of their fans think due to Lever being OOC. Adelaide will also lose more leverage when Lever nominates his club of choice as they can really only deal with the nominated club even if other clubs can offer better trades for Lever. If Lever nominates us, Adelaide will probably ask for 2 first round picks. If we gave them 2 first round picks then I'd expect them to give a pick back possibly their 2018 2nd round pick is reasonable. However, I do think we could get the deal done without us giving them 2 first round picks. I don't think we will have to give up any of our players on our list currently and T Mac would be one of the last I'd give up tbh. What I do know for sure though is that if Lever nominates us or any other club, the deal will get done regardless.

If Adelaide want to get Gibbs it will take more than their current pick 17 to get it done. Draft picks will be what Adelaide will want starting with pick 10 & possibly your 2018 1st round.
Tom Mac definitely won't be traded, why give up your best KPD for another KPD? While Oliver being included is pure fantasy. Stretch or Neal-Bullen could be thrown in a steak knives.

If Adelaide want to get Gibbs it will take more than their current pick 17 to get it done. Draft picks will be what Adelaide will want starting with pick 10 & possibly your 2018 1st round.
Tom Mac definitely won't be traded, why give up your best KPD for another KPD? While Oliver being included is pure fantasy. Stretch or Neal-Bullen could be thrown in a steak knives.
Yeah, Adelaide will probably ask for 2 first round picks from us which is understandable. Most of us on here, want T Mac to play up forward and acquiring Lever would make that easier for us. I can't see us giving up any players to Adelaide and realistically they probably know it won't happen. Stretch and ANB are contracted and are happy in Melbourne so I can't see them being apart of the trade deal should Lever nominate Melbourne. I think we will at least part with our first round pick this year.

Last edited:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Some real stupid trade suggestions now.

For the record why would Adelaide get rid of Lever and bring McDonald.
Here is some rumored facts.

Adelaide offered Lever 500k. We are offering 800k
Tmac would no doubt be on somewhere close to 500k if not even more at Melbourne considering how our list was when he last signed.
He won't pick up his family and leave for Adelaide for the same contract or probably even less. If Adelaide upped their offer to 750 then why wouldn't they just give that money to Lever

Seriously though on Green i wouldn't be opposed to having him at the club again, but if not i hope he picks up a gig somewhere. Not overly fussed either way

Some real stupid trade suggestions now.

For the record why would Adelaide get rid of Lever and bring McDonald.
Here is some rumored facts.

Adelaide offered Lever 500k. We are offering 800k
Tmac would no doubt be on somewhere close to 500k if not even more at Melbourne considering how our list was when he last signed.
He won't pick up his family and leave for Adelaide for the same contract or probably even less. If Adelaide upped their offer to 750 then why wouldn't they just give that money to Lever
Adelaide matched our offer. We upped ours to 900.

Yuk, blurrgk. $900k and 2 first rounders? not sure
Yeah if we trade too much there's also going to be a huge gap in the age profile of our list, with few quality 18 year olds coming in between 2016-2018. Not a disaster but it's something the list management team will be wary of.

Adelaide matched our offer. We upped ours to 900.

Why would he leave for an extra 100k?
Yeah if we trade too much there's also going to be a huge gap in the age profile of our list, with few quality 18 year olds coming in between 2016-2018. Not a disaster but it's something the list management team will be wary of.

Obsession with 18 year olds. Lever is 21 and should be on the list for a decade. Plus these picks are likely to be 10 and 12. The likelihood of them being 150 game players is already diminished.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back