Prediction It's time to go...

Remove this Banner Ad

If you wanted to move back to Victoria anyway, I'd say an extra 100k and a long term contract would be pretty appealing.

How on earth do we justify paying Lever 900k..... surely the real servants of the club aren't on that kind of coin?
Jones would be. When he signed his deal there was noone else to pay.

Beyond that...I don't know who is really on a big deal right now. Hoges is probably on $750k. TMac and Gawn on $600k or so. JV might be on $550k. Lewis on $500k. But beyond that...

Jones would be. When he signed his deal there was noone else to pay.

Beyond that...I don't know who is really on a big deal right now. Hoges is probably on $750k. TMac and Gawn on $600k or so. JV might be on $550k. Lewis on $500k. But beyond that...

Yeah you're probably right, we've got the space.

I'm just really wary of rocking the boat with dollars by paying a 21 year old kid more than 95% of the list.

Discord about money can tear a team apart. The Hawthorn model they used to stick to helped with that, because players bought into the club, not auctioned themselves off to the highest bidder.

Just had look at the MFC website to check the line coaches: http://www.melbournefc.com.au/club/people/staff-members

My first impression was, "Wow, that's a lot of staff", but if you look harder there's only 10 footy department coaches (not including Casey), 4 of whom are nominated as something to do with development (maybe that's an area for another rant?):
- Simon Goodwin - Senior Coach
- Brendan McCartney - Player/Coach Performance Manager
- Matthew Egan - Head of Player Development
- Jade Rawlings - Defensive Coach
- Ben Mathews - Stoppage Coach
- Troy Chaplin - Offensive Coordinator
- Max Rooke- Development Coach
- Craig Jennings - Game Analyst & Education Coordinator
- Daniel McPherson - Senior Development Coach
- Greg Stafford - Ruck Coach

Given that even the analyst, nutritionist, "Load Manager" are named, then I assume that this is in fact the entire list and there aren't other that have been left out. The reason I've looked harder at this is because I've always though, "Surely you wouldn't have a mediocre key back as your forward line coach - 'Offensive Coordinator' must mean something else, possibly the offensive transition out of defense, and there's actually someone else who handles the forward line. But no, it looks like Chaplin is definitely the man.

Now, I don't like to speak ill of individuals on the 'net, I try to think what that person's mum would feel if she read that sort of stuff, but take Chaplin back to his home town of Maryborough, beat him with a 9-iron, piss on him and then chuck him down a mineshaft. Our forward 50 entries have been our single biggest cluster**** all year.

I dug a bit deeper, wondering what his credentials were, what made us decide that he was the man for the job. Turns out he spent some time in the Richmond coaching box and did some development work with Sturt while playing with Port, and Oakleigh Chargers while with Richmond. My apologies Troy, Allan Jeans would be envious of such a glittering preparation for coaching in the AFL. It further turns out that he had applied for a job at Richmond and was waiting on a reply, I imagine it was actually a bit of a 'don't call us, we'll call you' situation, when his old buddy from his early Power playing days, Josh Mahoney, gave him a call and wanted to have a chat. A couple of days later Mahoney offered him the job and Chaplin jumped at the chance.

What sort of half-arsed, unprofessional, job-for-mates, ******* joke of a process is that?! This is just the sort of s**t that had this ****** club on its ******* knees just a few years ago, and something that I had thought Roos and Jackson had turned around.

MELBOURNE 2017:
1st in the league for total disposals
4th for inside 50 entries
12th for marks inside 50
12th for total scoring shots
There's something wrong with this picture. But we don't need to look at the stats to know that. All ****** season we've bemoaned the bombs to the out-number and the massive congestion as the alternative. The times where our entries have looked good and clean have been so few that I actually think they've been accidental, or perhaps players playing on instinct rather than trying to execute the ****ed up plan.

I was lurking around here (ostensibly trying to get info on Hogan) and stumbled upon this post. Whoever wrote it is bloody brilliant! I laughed out loud a good four or five times.

How on earth do we justify paying Lever 900k..... surely the real servants of the club aren't on that kind of coin?
Lever will be one of our top 3-5 players, he's the first one signing a contract after the new CBA, and you have to pay a lot to get players in from other clubs. The list managers ain't dumb. They'll have a plan in place.

I was lurking around here (ostensibly trying to get info on Hogan) and stumbled upon this post. Whoever wrote it is bloody brilliant! I laughed out loud a good four or five times.
Unfortunately we Melbourne supporters don't see the funny side of it. We all thought it was a strange appointment when it happened. Now the proof that the offensive part of our game is our weakest by far, it truly adds to the mind boggling decision to appoint a defender with no coaching experience to be in charge of the one part of our gameplan that needs the most improving. How long did we sign up this clown for again??

Unfortunately we Melbourne supporters don't see the funny side of it. We all thought it was a strange appointment when it happened. Now the proof that the offensive part of our game is our weakest by far, it truly adds to the mind boggling decision to appoint a defender with no coaching experience to be in charge of the one part of our gameplan that needs the most improving. How long did we sign up this clown for again??
There's no way Chaplin is staying as forward coach next year. Goodwin would be committing professional suicide to allow that to continue.

And I'll be committing actual suicide if it continues...

There's no way Chaplin is staying as forward coach next year. Goodwin would be committing professional suicide to allow that to continue.

And I'll be committing actual suicide if it continues...

Maybe homocide would be more productive?

Our fitness and medical teams need to be looked out. We continue to struggle towards the end of the season and our management of injured players has been disgraceful.

Our fitness and medical teams need to be looked out. We continue to struggle towards the end of the season and our management of injured players has been disgraceful.
Agree. Maybe Misson has been there too long? Our injury list always seems high(which sometimes you can't help) and we seem to run out of steam in the 2nd half of the year(partly thanks to games in the NT).

Agree. Maybe Misson has been there too long? Our injury list always seems high(which sometimes you can't help) and we seem to run out of steam in the 2nd half of the year(partly thanks to games in the NT).
Misson was supposed to be such a score when we got him. Best in the business, and all that. But our fitness and conditioning hasn't improved noticeably at all in the time he's been there. Sometimes reputations are built on hot air, and being in the right place at the right time.

Misson was supposed to be such a score when we got him. Best in the business, and all that. But our fitness and conditioning hasn't improved noticeably at all in the time he's been there. Sometimes reputations are built on hot air, and being in the right place at the right time.

Hang on, weren't we kissed on the dick injury wise last year? Could this just be another abberation in the opposite direction so on average he's actually pretty good?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Remove this Banner Ad

Back