Coach It's Time To Go...

Remove this Banner Ad

The game and strategies change year to year so it has surprised me that we have kept the core of our assistant coaches. We need to snag a couple of guys (like Longmuire) that are upto date with opposition tactics. Keeping Harvey and others for so long could be stunting our development.

You act like Collingwood is the other team in the competition who has these challenges against them??

Do you realise all teams are going through 4 day breaks with tonnes of travel and disrupted preparation ?

C’mon, the teams we’ve lost to have been playing with much better preparation

Exactly, which is more likely;
a) that we are the only team in the league whose forwards, without exception, cannot mark the ball, or
b) that our ball movement is slow and inaccurate, such that our forwards are frequently outnumbered and the ball rarely goes to their advantage?

My eyes tell me it’s b).

Agree.

I personally don’t think it’s a personnel problem. Rarely do we get easy marks (or one-on-one marking opportunities in our 50). I think this goes to the way we play, than the way players are failing to get open.

I see it quite simply. When our ball movement goes backwards for 5 seconds and losing metres via handpass before our attack is properly started, the other team has 5 seconds to get back into defence.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

Um ...

... we have a competition hellbent on ‘equalisation’ from the draft to the salary cap to the footy department spending ...

... we’re a team who has been near the top of the ladder the last two seasons. And last I checked we’re still in the 8 ...

... we’re in the middle of a global pandemic where the AFL has been cobbling together a Frankenstein of a competition on the fly which has we meant we play teams like WCE and Freo on their home deck without any opportunity to return the hospitality ...

... and our home games are played at Giants Stadium, The Gabba, and Perth Stadium ...

... we play 2 games in 4 days, 3 games in 9 days, 4 games in 13 days.

And surprise surprise we drop a game or two ...

... so now let’s publicly execute everybody from the President to the Bootstudder ...

... any anybody who doesn’t reckon’s that‘s a damn fine plan clearly doesn’t give a stuff about winning Premierships and isn’t a true passionate Collingwood supporter!

Hmmm ...

You can’t truly accept all those excuses as to why in the last few weeks we’ve been destroyed by a top team and a BARELY top 8 team melb, AND lost to 17th Fremantle (missing more players than us), Barely beat 17th syd (missing players) and barely beat a winless team (Missing players). Not to mention how easy they scored goals, and failed to kick any points- indicating no pressure at all.

Geel had a 4 day break after playing and destroying stkilda, to ports 6 day break and destroyed them! It has nothing to do with our fixture, stop with these excuses.

Sorry, I’m so Over excuses, and these excuses will prevent any changes and improvement we desperately need!

we have huge list issues, and our gameplay is the worst in the league. It’s horrible to watch, and easily countered.

Elliot, Cameron, Mihocek, De Goey, Hoskin-Elliot not enough marking talent down forward?

well elliot is playing mostly midfield. mihocek is good but he needs help. HE is patchy. De Goey was good when he was there and we were favourites for the flag when he was... he's not there now. It also depends on how the midfield is kicking it to them. But i dont disagree with looking at the coaches. It is acknowledged that Justin Longmuir improved the defensive system when he was there. I think that there should be some turnover of assistant coaches for new ideas.

Halftime stats:
Saints:
Kicks 113
Handballs 49
Inside 50: 12 shots from 24 entries

essendon:
Kicks:70
Handballs:67
Inside 50: 3 shots from 18 entries.

It’s not rocket science Nathan Buckley.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Huge disconnect between our midfield and forward line. Dominant insides 50’s but forward structure rakers looks threatening.

We overuse the ball by hand, which screams gameplan and setup. All the top teams have way more kicks than handballs, no coincidence we have the highest handball to kick ratio, and sit 2nd last inside 50 effeciency. It’s so easy to defend.

We overuse the ball by hand, which screams gameplan and setup. All the top teams have way more kicks than handballs, no coincidence we have the highest handball to kick ratio, and sit 2nd last inside 50 effeciency. It’s so easy to defend.
But that means we control the ball more and minimizes the turnovers that result in goals. Only for a couple of time this year have we leaked goals and we’ve been one of the best defending sides. I’m sure the occupation of ball ownership helps the defence out but you’re right, there is surely a more effective enter the forward line plan to work out.

Are you saying we've had more 4 day breaks than everyone else? and more travel than every other vic team?

Do you have proof of this?
Over the past 7 games we had a 7 day break 6 days, 10 days, 7 days, 4 days, 5 days and 4 day break between games.

Geelong over the past 7 rounds have had 5 days, 7 days, 11 days, 5 days, 4 days, 5 days and 4 days between their games.

Melbourne has had 2 games with 4 say turnarounds. Lions and NM had 2 games in a row with 4 day turn arounds.

Carlton has had nothing less than 6 day gaps between games incl. a bye.

WCE has had nothing less than 7 day gaps between games incl. a bye.

On SM-N975F using BigFooty.com mobile app

What makes you think he was good?
Watching him at training with the players...

Hey, I may be wrong, but I’d scrutinize Harvs before flicking Sando. He’s got the worst tall forward line in the league to work with, and I blame our list and overall team structure / game plan for our current problems.
He’s also had run-ins with bucks in the days that we were tripe (2017), That forced change. So feel he has a better handle on player management and overall coaching ethos than bucks.

Are you saying we've had more 4 day breaks than everyone else? and more travel than every other vic team?

Do you have proof of this?

I’m saying the teams we’ve lost to (eg: Melb 7 day break with far less lead-up travel) have had far better prep and / or playing on their home deck in front of their home crowd (eg: WCE / Freo)

Any other season and we’d be burning down AFL House due to the inequity of our draw.

Do we want footy or don’t we? Maybe we’d be better off if the competition were called off so we could fantasize about how much we’d be dominating the competition if we were playing?

I’m under no illusion that we’d be winning all our games otherwise. Yeah, we’re having ups and downs, every team is, take a look at the ladder.

Of course I’d prefer to be winning, but wanting to sack coaching staff in-season the moment we’re not is a tad of an over-reaction.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back