Society/Culture It's time to kill facebook!

Remove this Banner Ad

Here is Brzezinski alluding to what was coming with the internet and social media back in 1970: "The technotronic era involves the gradual appearance of a more controlled society. Such a society would be dominated by an elite, unrestrained by traditional values. Soon it will be possible to assert almost continuous surveillance over every citizen and maintain up-to-date complete files containing even the most personal information about the citizen. These files will be subject to instantaneous retrieval by the authorities."

On [device_name] using BigFooty.com mobile app

In the interests of disclosure, I do have FB/Instagram accounts, though I don't use my Instagram account much and I don't use FB nearly as much as I used to. I set those accounts up to connect with old classmates rather than to really fill any narcissistic drive for attention, so I am what marketers would call a late adopter.

I won't talk about FB so much as social media in general and the negative effect I believe that it has on the social skills of younger people in particular (including my own Gen Y group BTW), since they have historically used social media more than older people.

IMO, the problem with 'social media' is that the more time you interact with other people online, the less time you spend interacting with people in the real world and hence your real-world social skills atrophy over time. When that happens, I find that your ability to relate to other people is compromised, thus creating a more atomised society than before, wherein many people are surprisingly lonely despite getting their social media 'fix'. This phenomenon is amplified when you don't actually interact much with people online and instead spend much of your time on social media posting pictures for 'likes'.

THEY have been funding feminism since the 60's. If they can get to Gloria Steinham, they can get to anyone.

Your revolution is over p35.
yeah feminism apparently was originally funded by the rockerfeller foundation with the purpose of destroying the family unit, forcing women into the workforce with inflation and propaganda in order to tax both parents, and force children into state run ''education'' where the brainwashing can start at and earlier and more impressionable age and for longer results. fast forward 30 40 years look at the family unit and how women and children behave now.. tragic really

Now we have george soros funding Black lives matter and trying to start a race war. its all a trap really. * politics. its been crooked from the get go.

Finally i will say this people don't realise how much they are watching you, i haven't had fb for about 5 years and i have noticed a dramatic difference in my self worth, confidence and mental state. Im a lot happier without it. Didn't realise how depressing it was until i got rid of it. even getting off the internet for a few days every now and then i feel a lot better. i don't watch tv either and its amazing go camping for a few days spend actual time with friends and family and i actually feel like an actual human being lol not a manipulated little puppet. haha if only for a brief while :)

Finally i will say this people don't realise how much they are watching you, i haven't had fb for about 5 years and i have noticed a dramatic difference in my self worth, confidence and mental state. Im a lot happier without it. Didn't realise how depressing it was until i got rid of it. even getting off the internet for a few days every now and then i feel a lot better. i don't watch tv either and its amazing go camping for a few days spend actual time with friends and family and i actually feel like an actual human being lol not a manipulated little puppet. haha if only for a brief while :)
Cant say I agree with your name, but everything you said is a resounding yes.

Here is Brzezinski alluding to what was coming with the internet and social media back in 1970: "The technotronic era involves the gradual appearance of a more controlled society. Such a society would be dominated by an elite, unrestrained by traditional values. Soon it will be possible to assert almost continuous surveillance over every citizen and maintain up-to-date complete files containing even the most personal information about the citizen. These files will be subject to instantaneous retrieval by the authorities."

One of the main movers & shakers on the Council On Foreign Relations (Aka: The mob who decide how things are going to go).

Logging out of Facebook instagram and twitter. The recent attempts at censoring alternate views are highly concerning and its time to stand up against censorship. Facebook has a massive potential to influence people and if they are going to shut down people on the right (even though I don't agree with some of the things they say) then they are heavily influencing what we see and hear.

I've been logged out of FB for a month and don't intend on returning anytime soon. ONly issue is I wanted to use marketplace but can't without logging in and having to deal with all the bullshit of which is the reason I logged out. I wish marketplace was a standalone app like messenger

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Isn’t FB and Twitter full of left winged hipsters finding anything to whinge about and be offended over
95% of the content on FB is irrelevant and mostly a part of wasting time.

95% of the 5% usually involves people posting about how great their life is and the people that matter most to them had already experienced those great times without needing to see it on FB. In reality those other people wouldn't really give a s**t anyway.

This is a disturbing/worrying and amazingly informative Podcast about social media >

Tristan Harris spent three years as a Google Design Ethicist developing a framework for how technology should “ethically” steer the thoughts and actions of billions of people from screens. He is now co-founder & president of the Center for Humane Technology, whose mission is to reverse ‘human downgrading’ and re-align technology with humanity. Additionally, he is co-host of the Center for Humane Technology’s Your Undivided Attention podcast with co-founder Aza Raskin.

Last edited:
I haven't been paying attention to mobile phone prices because I've been sitting on an old phone for some time now but I can't believe how expensive mobile phones have become. We keep getting told that we need to be constantly connected and it's this push that is driving high tech smart devices. All of it is completely unnecessary and I can't justify having a $2000 smart phone when with that money I could buy a desktop, or something more functional. Seriously, for the non professional user how can you justify forking out that sort of money just to stay connected. Being constantly connected has to be one of the biggest scams going around.

"It is an A.I. of the power that beats Kasparov at chess..........."

Great little snippet Snake, thanks, it also led me to the Rebel Wisdom Youtube channel which I have now added to my go to sources for great long form discussion/information on serious subjects.

By and large MSM is dead to me and has been for a long while, full of clickbait tabloid tripe.

Great little snippet Snake, thanks, it also led me to the Rebel Wisdom Youtube channel which I have now added to my go to sources for great long form discussion/information on serious subjects.

By and large MSM is dead to me and has been for a long while, full of clickbait tabloid tripe.
I've walked away from the news for that reason. It's not worth my intelligence.

I've walked away from the news for that reason. It's not worth my intelligence.

it's sad that we find ourselves in this situation

but has it ever been any better? with departments of propaganda (MI7 and modern international equivalents), major corporations like murdoch and the silliness of click bait.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back