It's Time To Stop Demonizing Men (pls read OP)

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

Get a load of this app!

http://m.huffingtonpost.com.au/entr...hite-men-pay-more_us_56d06dfae4b0871f60eb1181

Allows dinner bills to be split so that you pay more than everyone else if you're a white male.

The mind boggles as to how this is acceptable.

The mind need not boggle.

The article clearly states a couple of times that the app in a tongue-in-cheek way of bringing people's attention to US Bureau of Labour statistics, and therefore to the issue of pay inequalities among different groups. By extension the app would (in theory...because the app is a gimmick) also mean that a white woman pays more if she lunches with an Hispanic woman.

The article suggests that the app is 'brilliant'. It's hardly that, but it's hardly something to get steamed up about either.

Cheers, I haven't left, there just isn't a lot to talk about at the moment as a non-junior-football-aficionado. ;)

And yes, the app is a gimmick, but it takes generalisations based upon demographics to ridiculous levels. Apparently unemployed white males don't eat dinner with anyone of differing ethnicity or gender.

Cheers, I haven't left, there just isn't a lot to talk about at the moment as a non-junior-football-aficionado. ;)

And yes, the app is a gimmick, but it takes generalisations based upon demographics to ridiculous levels. Apparently unemployed white males don't eat dinner with anyone of differing ethnicity or gender.

The app doesn't go anywhere near the hard labour of actually imagining or grappling with the diversity of social interactions in the US, true enough, but that's because it's an app which has been designed to give a different voice to statistical data. It is a limited ambition, and it's a rather limited app as well.

The article seems designed to elicit amusement or offence, like so much digital media these days. I'd call it 'fluff' except that so much of it distorts the issues and acts to confirm existing fears or prejudices or beliefs, thereby widening the gulf between perspectives. In all of this virtual froth and fury the experience of the unemployed white male or the day-to-day reality of the single mother struggling to make ends meet tends to get lost, except when the electorate sprays a piece of political graffiti like Donald Trump all over the joint.

Do yourself a favour, take the red pill and liberate yourself. On the contrary I am living the dream, free as a bird to do whatever I please...

I think if you hate 50% of the worlds population you're severely limiting your ability to enjoy the world.

There are nasty evil women out there, sure, there are also nasty evil men.

Also millions of good men and good women, just need to find them.

I find it disappointing when people have a few bad experiences with a gender or a race then use those experiences to assume everyone from that gender or race is the exact same person.

Ultimately the only difference between men and women is a few hormones. The rest is decided by nature and nurture.

Last edited:
I think if you hate 50% of the worlds population you're severely limiting your ability to enjoy the world.

There are nasty evil women out there, sure, there are also nasty evil men.

Also millions of good men and good women, just need to find them.

I find it disappointing when people have a few bad experiences with a gender or a race then use those experiences to assume everyone from that gender or race is the exact same person.

Ultimately the only difference between men and women is a few hormones. The rest is decided by nature and nurture.

A few billion.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

...Women are hedonists. Men make money, women spend it.

Man, want to give you a hug. These posts are a defence mechanism to getting hurt again.

You are self-employed, fit, usually have a great sense of humour and have done a lot of nice things for people. Women like these characteristics.

Nah not really. We are creatures of instinct and habit. We fulfil our needs then pursue our wants.

450px-MaslowsHierarchyOfNeeds.svg.png

So many men get caught on the 3rd rung of Maslow's hierachy of needs and women prey on the average man's thoughts that his worth is based on the partner he attracts. If you can get past women, you head toward self actualization which is the greatest thrill... that is where you truly live the life of your dreams. Women are dream killers. A woman will chew you up and spit you out. You guys obviously have little experience with them...

Self actualisation occurs after you have children. Guess which gender you need for that to happen?

Man, want to give you a hug. These posts are a defence mechanism to getting hurt again.

You are self-employed, fit, usually have a great sense of humour and have done a lot of nice things for people. Women like these characteristics.

A lot of you guys have obviously been in marriages a long, long time or long term relationships and haven't been on the market and actually seen what's out there. I've been single since 29, I just turned 36. Once you have past 30, it's dire. You see it all for what it really is. Look, if a woman is good, she is off the market, married by 25 at the latest. If a woman is still single at 30, she has had thousands of potential partners, there are thousands of blokes who can't get a mrs, there are plenty of good men out there. Don't let 'Farmer wants a wife' stooge you, there is no 'man drought', women on online dating even if they are fat and have 4 kids, don't work and walk around with their arse crack hanging out get 20-30 'hits' a day. They have PLENTY of options. An embarassment of options.

An average man who just has average money doesn't have any options past 30, nothing. I haven't even been on a date in about s**t at least 5 years. It's not because I have taken myself off the market, there is just nothing there. After that long having your rod in the water and knowing you are a good catch and getting not even any bites and then you look around at who they actually wind up with, you can make a very accurate generalisation of their motives. Look on facebook, a man posts a picture, he might get 3-4 likes, probably a couple of mates and his mother. A woman posts a picture she is getting at least 100 likes.

Women lie, they are spoiled for choice and consequently will just stay single until a guy comes along that ticks ALL the boxes. Including having a lot of money, that's number 1 on the list. They won't touch a guy over 30 who doesn't own his own house and make 6 figures. It just won't happen. Deep down they prefer being single unless it profits them greatly.

Haha no worries. Keep playing the shame game. It's all MY fault lol. 3 times as much as you, does she get the DSP and you get the dole?

Well I'm a teacher so you do the maths. Your attitude towards women is the reason you are where you are. I hope you are happy but I suspect that deep down you are not. Hating women is not the answer mate, try looking inwards and have the courage to do something about it.

Look mate, I was 29 years old, in a long term relationship with a girl and lost a job and had her father go through my finances and them decide I wasn't good enough for her, then she went and married a pilot and all her friends found lawyers. Since then, I have clawed my way through life completely on my own, life isn't easy on your own, you are paying for and doing 100% of everything. So painstakingly I sacrificed and scrimped and saved and worked my way up to the point I am now self employed, and am making more and more money. All the while I had no female interest whatsoever. So if they come at me when I am rich and successful well I'm sorry but all they will be getting is the dick.

No commitment. Just the dick.

giphy.gif

Look mate, I was 29 years old, in a long term relationship with a girl and lost a job and had her father go through my finances and them decide I wasn't good enough for her, then she went and married a pilot and all her friends found lawyers. Since then, I have clawed my way through life completely on my own, life isn't easy on your own, you are paying for and doing 100% of everything. So painstakingly I sacrificed and scrimped and saved and worked my way up to the point I am now self employed, and am making more and more money. All the while I had no female interest whatsoever. So if they come at me when I am rich and successful well I'm sorry but all they will be getting is the dick.

No commitment. Just the dick.

giphy.gif

That's your story, there are billions of others. Good luck.

Here's an example of what needs to change; granted amongst many, many other things but nonetheless...

Joe Mixon, college running back for Oklahoma, is in a café (public place) and punches a woman to the face, breaking her jaw. There were extenuating circumstances but that is beyond the point I'm trying to make. Mixon nominates for the NFL Draft, and Herm Edwards who is currently a commentator/personality says things along these lines in the media;

Herm Edwards on Joe Mixon: if I were still in NFL, "I wouldn't draft him." Would have a hard time addressing team, looking at my daughters

Team, fair enough, daughters...? Why? Because he hit a woman? Why is that any different to hitting a man? Why does he not feel the same way about anyone who has committed an assault with grievous consequences on anyone of any gender?

Similarly, social media is bombarded by people making reference to how anyone who would have Mixon on their NFL team ought to be ashamed because they have a daughter/sister/mother/girlfriend/wife etc.

There is either gender equality or there is not. Mixon may be a miserable excuse for a human being, but no more so than anyone else who has ever gotten in a fight and broken someone else's jaw. In fact the entire concept of being a "woman-beater" needs to die a rapid death. I will readily concede that domestic violence is worse than an assault by a relative stranger, because of the breach of the victim's trust, and the ties of a relationship make it harder for the victim to walk away... but the gender of the victim/other party should be irrelevant in the conversation.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back