It's time we talk about the dogs getting favoured by the umpires

Remove this Banner Ad

That's because the Lions didn't get an armchair ride with the umps this year, the Bulldogs did and it was one of the reasons you were as successful as you were.

You finished 7th on the ladder and had the most free kicks this year while St Kilda finished 9th and had the least free kicks this year, explain that?
Including the saints detracts from your points, ladder position and free kick count aren't equal.

It's just amusing that whenever people whinge about the umpiring, it's always in regards to the successful teams. I don't hear anyone saying "the bloody lions got an armchair ride with the umps this year". No. it's only ever mentioned in relation to successful sides. Just dumb, bogan logic.

The swans lost the free kick count in 2012 and still won. We then had to put up with hawk supporters taking pot shots at us.

And to be fair the only teams who have been successful and get a good ride from umps are the vic based teams. The swans are perfect contradiction to your claims.

That's because the Lions didn't get an armchair ride with the umps this year, the Bulldogs did and it was one of the reasons you were so successful.

You finished 7th on the ladder and had the most free kicks this year while St Kilda finished 9th and had the least free kicks this year, explain that?

The AFL simply didnt want the saints to be successful before the full era of GWS kicks in. Also the saints dont have a president who is prepared to be a gimp for the likes of newbold for an exchange of favours.

Why would you spend your day off arguing with strangers about a game you weren't involved in? I'm off to train for MY preseason (note the club I play for not the club I pay to feel like I'm involved in the wins of). You'll have to find someone else to argue with kenny

Using 10 year old South Park references? Misuse of big words? Sooking about the VFL? It's like you don't even put effort into creating an alias.

oh dear.

Including the saints detracts from your points, ladder position and free kick count aren't equal.

They don't have to be equal but it's odd that a team finishing 9th had the least amount of free kicks while a team finishing 7th had the most.

I don't think St Kilda's style of play is all that different to the Bulldogs and we beat them the last time we played so they aren't that much better than us.

Speak for yourself. I'm still 100% salty about the AFL's conspiracy to get St Kilda into that Grand Final. Thankfully they conspired to have us win the 2016 Grand Final, and after conspiring to gift Sydney the flag in 2005 it was about time they let us win one. I nearly lost it when I thought they'd changed their mind mid-last quarter on who they were going to let win and overturned JJ's goal, but fortunately it was just a break down in communication to the guy up in the replay box and didn't cost the Dogs or the AFL a Bulldogs flag.
Yeah the JJ goal overturn, which would have put the match away, seems to be being conveniently ignored here

They don't have to be equal but it's odd that a team finishing 9th had the least amount of free kicks while a team finishing 7th had the most.

I don't think St Kilda's style of play is all that different to the Bulldogs and we beat them the last time we played so they aren't that much better than us.
I'm struggling to work out whether your argument is for or against the dogs.....you've just articulated the very point I was making. Free kick counts/umpiring has no bearing on a teams success.

And please, using the "we beat you once in the season and therefore as good as you" argument is just dumb. Cmon man.

The swans lost the free kick count in 2012 and still won. We then had to put up with hawk supporters taking pot shots at us.

And to be fair the only teams who have been successful and get a good ride from umps are the vic based teams. The swans are perfect contradiction to your claims.
And there you go. You LOST the free kick count and still win. Why couldn't you do it again? Because you weren't good enough

(Log in to remove this ad.)

> completely ignores north (who came 8th) coming second in the free kick totals because it doesn't support his bitter, ego driven point.

The umpires shat the bed in the grand final.

EFA

The umpires performance in the GF was more disgraceful than the Swans performance.

Siamese twins.

Or, maybe the same person?

Yeah because it couldn't be possible that more than one person could think that the Bulldogs were favoured by the umpires.:rolleyes:

> completely ignores north (who came 8th) coming second in the free kick totals because it doesn't support his bitter, ego driven point.

It does support my point, North were favoured by the umpires almost as much as the Bulldogs this year including both of our games against them.

We finished below North on percentage only so you could argue that the umpiring cost us a spot in the finals.

It's safe to say, you need to rethink your life if you share an opinion with plugger35

Anyone who is notorious on an Internet forum is not a rational human being.

It does support my point, North were favoured by the umpires almost as much as the Bulldogs this year including both of our games against them.

We finished below North on percentage only so you could argue that the umpiring cost us a spot in the finals.

North comprehensively outplayed the saints in that boomer record game from wire to wire. The fact that you're even referring to their games against you as examples to prove your point shows how utterly deluded you are.

It's safe to say, you need to rethink your life if you share an opinion with plugger35

Anyone who is notorious on an Internet forum is not a rational human being.

Says the guy that has been religiously defending s**t umpiring here no matter how much evidence people provide to the contrary.

I wouldn't say your opinions on umpiring are all that rational either.

North comprehensively outplayed the saints in that boomer record game from wire to wire. The fact that you're even referring to their games against you as examples to prove your point shows how utterly deluded you are.

What about our game against them earlier in the year where scores were level in the last minute and they got a number of goals from soft free kicks?

Even in the Boomer record game the umpire bias to North was obvious, it may not have changed the result but it wasn't a level playing field.

Says the guy that has been religiously defending s**t umpiring here no matter how much evidence people provide to the contrary.

What about our game against them earlier in the year where scores were level in the last minute and they got a number of goals from soft free kicks?

Even in the Boomer record game the umpire bias to North was obvious, it may not have changed the result but it wasn't a level playing field.
The Western Bulldogs and St Kilda share many similarities. Both clubs hold similar membership numbers, financial issues, have both existed in the league for 90+ years and have had many fans patiently waiting decades to see their teams double their premiership tally.

Yet for some reason, the AFL decided to this year gift the Western Bulldogs a flag through umpiring decisions but in the same manner keep St Kilda out of the finals series.

Discuss.

Goldstein was shepherded in the ruck. The general consensus from all and sundry after the fact was that was 100% the right call and probably one of the easiest calls to make all day.

It's ok, we get that it's your coping mechanism to excuse the saints not quite being good enough.

The saints had ample opportunity late in the season in good form against Sydney at home to prove that they were in fact good enough to play finals, and were absolutely shat on by a superior opposition in every facet of the game.

The same cannot be said about the Bulldogs who were very consistently matching it with finals contenders throughout the year and finals.

It's ok though, saints are building a decent squad and you'll be ashamed about all this umpire stuff in a year or two once you don't need excuses for them losing.

Religiously? I've been responding to people quoting me
Evidence? I've asked for it, it's either resulted in:
The user not responding
The user changing the subject
The user throwing out ad hominems

Again, it's only the people who have no ACTUAL involvement in the game who blame umpires.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back