It's war

Remove this Banner Ad

Every time I see Thomas play ... he plays like crap !

If this trend continues he probably plays half the season in the twos next year .... And if he does .... The AFL would deem him worthy of a first round draft pick intheir free agency compo plan .... and considering Collingwood would next year finish between 6th and 10th he may well provide them with a top ten draft pick ... lets not do it

;)

Next year, we have to firstly sign Buddy, and then target Thomas who becomes a free agent. They may have pinched CLInt Young but two can play this game. If nothing it will blow their cap senseless.
Agree, Daisy will provide great leadership for our youngsters at Box Hill.

Daisy will stay at Collingwood. Seems like the loyal type.

Free Agency is a load of s**t though.

Daisy will stay at Collingwood. Seems like the loyal type.

Free Agency is a load of s**t though.
You funny.
Mate, there is no loyalty anymore. The last 3 weeks should have taught you that.
What happen to Goddard kissing he shirt and saying he wanted to be a one-club player. Our own situation.
The last few years. Need I go on.
Dollars talk. A lot.

You funny.
Mate, there is no loyalty anymore. The last 3 weeks should have taught you that.
What happen to Goddard kissing he shirt and saying he wanted to be a one-club player. Our own situation.
Dollars talk. A lot.

Spose you're right actually.

And your signature is spot on. Dollars are starting to talk more and more like they do in the soccer circles.

You funny.
Dollars talk. A lot.

100% right, loyalty has a price for each player, has been like that for a long time with few exceptions. If you guys offered Buddy 300k a year in his next contract would he stay at Hawthorn?

What money is Buddy on right now?

No doubt he would get over 1 million a year due to merchandise, advertising and the likes but solely the contract?

I just love the title of this thread, been a lot of hurt around Hawthorn since the GF, then being screwed with the whole Young / compo pick from the AFL, reckon that should be our membership motto for next year!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

**** a war with a team we can arse tear at will.

It is a ******* war with those cheating pricks at the AFL that I want declared. :mad:
Is it because Hawthorn was on top of the ladder and Port are at the lower end that they got more compensation than Young?

I hate Collingwood as much as anything but what have they actually done wrong here? We would have done the same thing and in essence we did with Lake, that is reality. Anger should sit solely with the AFL machine. No one seems upset with the Suns but we got NOTHING for Murphy. The FA compo system is simply not a fair system, hopefully there can be tweaks next year so this doesn't happen agin, not just to us but any club

The lists of free agents for 2013 would be already drawn up. The amount of cap space clubs have would be drawn up. Christ, we may as well start talking to the players we intend to target now.

Free agency runs both ways. This year it went against us, but in when say Mitch or Burgers retires in a few years and we sign a ready made replacement for nothing and can keep our window open we will be glad to have it.

But let's not use it for revenge, we still improved our side overall this trade period and targeting Collingwood specifically means were eliminating 94 odd % of the available players.

The lists of free agents for 2013 would be already drawn up. The amount of cap space clubs have would be drawn up. Christ, we may as well start talking to the players we intend to target now.

It's probably happening right now. There will be plans drawn up on those who are available and who can fit into teams in long term plans. 1-5 yrs from now. This is business. Forget loyalty. Those ideals went out with the rise TV and multi media platforms deals.

Next year, we have to firstly sign Buddy, and then target Thomas who becomes a free agent. They may have pinched CLInt Young but two can play this game. If nothing it will blow their cap senseless.

I made the same point that we should target Thomas.If rumors are true then he won't be hanging around with Pies in 2014

The AFL wont change the system unless one of its love child clubs ( gold coast, GWS Sydney Swans ) cops the wrong end of the stick.

Can you imagine if Eddie's mob copped the terrible fixture, change of prelim days and a Young deal???

Remove this Banner Ad

Back