Scape Goat Iva and Ben's BDSM dungeon of Gold Coast SUNS negativity

Sep 25, 2012
Brisbane
AFL Club
Gold Coast
Other Teams
OKC, Chelsea FC, Raiders
Yeah Dew can absolutely f*ck off.

This is the team he built. No game plan, a defence that couldn’t stop the u/14 academy team, a culture of rewarding players who ‘try hard’ over players who can play the game. 0 skills, 0 game awareness.

No wonder he’s got the players to buy in. I would love my boss if I could phone it in year in year out on hundreds of thousands of dollars per year with absolutely no scrutiny.

Honest question - was our biggest mistake not going for clarko? He’s got Norf humming at the moment they’re playing like a different side with unrelenting hunger. Reckon if we had have gone for Clarko he would’ve sent a rocket up the lads and we’d be in a different position.

Sep 25, 2012
Brisbane
AFL Club
Gold Coast
Other Teams
OKC, Chelsea FC, Raiders
Also, I’m glad we cruised into the year instead of hitting it running and potentially running out of steam when we get to the finals. I’d hate to get some early wins on the board.

Ok, that’s it. I think I’m vented out.

Sun Stormer

Mature Age Recruit
Jul 27, 2018
Gold Coast
AFL Club
Gold Coast
In all seriousness, with clarkson signed, and lyon too (and both winning first two games), who would we target now? Who is available? Good assistant coach somewhere?

Only recent senior ones i can think of are buckley, cameron, who else is there?
Leigh Matthews in a wheelchair would make a better coach than you know who....amazing how many fans can't see the lack of game plan, ruthlessness, grit, determination and just plain desire to win and be successful. There will be another exodus at the end of 2023 if he doesn't get flicked but who's left - Buckley? Ask the Magpies who's better - MacRae or Nathan? Just a disgusting level of coaching. Most of the players have the ability but seem too comfortable with their place in the game. ...and Holman, Darcy Mac etc belong to yesterday - move them on. Ben Long? At least there's this spot to vent with the company of others who feel the same. So many coasters - so little time. Bring on Geelong!

Camsta

All Australian
May 12, 2018
AFL Club
Gold Coast
So Dew gone is a forgone conclusion - who’s our options?

Leon Cameron
Buckley
Shaw?

Pretty thin on….

Or do we go an untried option?

Simpson and Hinkley could be looking for a job seasons end

Jun 7, 2018
AFL Club
Gold Coast
Other Teams
Tampa Bay Buccaneers, Subiaco Lions
Some speculative concerns I have right now...

- They pump up how hard they ran in preseason etc. When Jordan Murdoch left he said we trained so hard it left the players running on fumes. Concerned we've continued this trend and the players are stuffed by R1. Sometimes less is more, the mental side of the game is huge.

- We drank our own bath water with the positive media and we just expect it to happen again. * me it's history repeating.

Not to mention the shocking team selection and fragmented game plan. Sigh.

Oct 24, 2008
Mermaid Beach
AFL Club
Gold Coast
Other Teams
GWS, Celtics, 76ers

Leon Cameron
Buckley
Shaw?

Pretty thin on….

Can’t go untried, potentially another Dew and I have no confidence in our club to pick anyone as there is such a strong history of incompetence

RowellAnderson12

Norm Smith Medallist
Nov 4, 2019
AFL Club
Gold Coast
Other Teams
Liverpool, Max Verstappen, Pacers, DR3

Leon Cameron
Buckley
Shaw?

Pretty thin on….

Beveridge and Longmuir in trouble too

Sun Stormer

Mature Age Recruit
Jul 27, 2018
Gold Coast
AFL Club
Gold Coast
In all seriousness, with clarkson signed, and lyon too (and both winning first two games), who would we target now? Who is available? Good assistant coach somewhere?

Only recent senior ones i can think of are buckley, cameron, who else is there?
I'd even take Bomber Thompson - that's how desperate I am!

Back