I've done all the dumb things...

Remove this Banner Ad

Speaking of dumb things and Germany, I learnt the hard way not to use hotel phones.
I called my girlfriend (at the time), who was still in Australia.
Upon checkout, got the bill for that 15 minute call. $840. Ouch.
s**t phone call too.

This morning, the toast popped up and I proceeded to put the vegemite on my toast before the margarine. Didn't realise my folly until I was almost done spreading the marge...

In my defence, I was still half asleep.
That could almost Be seen as 1st world crime in Australia.

Last Saturday morning I poured the milk into the kettle instead of water and proceeded to boil the milk. Didn't realise what I had done until I poured my coffee.

It is not advisable to do this.
I'm just wondering how you can get those two things mixed up. Your water doesn't come from the tap?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I'm just wondering how you can get those two things mixed up. Your water doesn't come from the tap?

It was 5am, I'd been awoken by a 3 year old who'd wet herself and after changing, washing and getting her back into bed I decided it was far more prudent to get a start on the day.....................it was not.

Eat dumplings every day sounds like a dumb thing to do, unless you want to turn into one. ;)

Best kebabs I've ever had were in Germany.

Best Chinese I ever had was in Germany.

When I was 19 years old I worked in a retail store at Highpoint Shopping Centre.

Drove in to work, parked on the second level of the two level carpark there.

To get down to the bottom level, it has this sloping concrete walkway where you walk down to the lower floor.

Anyway, for some stupid reason, I thought sprinting down this walkway was a good idea.

I went to overtake a person in front of me, and tripped over my own foot.

I remember vividly flying forward, and thinking how much it was gonna hurt when I hit the ramp.

I slid most of the rest of the way down, the concrete acting like a bloody cheese grater on me.

When I got up, the trousers had been torn away completely on my right leg, and most of the skin on the right side of that leg.

The best part? My arsehole boss at the time took one look at me and STILL made me do my shift - half trousers and all.

I buy my own beans and use a coffee plunger here at work, it's the only way I can get a decent coffee as the cafeteria coffee is crap and work provide blend 43.

This morning I have poured my coffee, added some milk and wondered why there are so many floaties in it.

If forgot to plunge the damn thing :oops:

This was a toss up between going in this thread, What Shits Ya or The Coffee thread. Regardless, what a ******* waste of not only coffee, but time. Doesn't my brain realise it needs some go juice therefore can't afford to do these types of things?

I buy my own beans and use a coffee plunger here at work, it's the only way I can get a decent coffee as the cafeteria coffee is crap and work provide blend 43.

This morning I have poured my coffee, added some milk and wondered why there are so many floaties in it.

If forgot to plunge the damn thing :oops:

This was a toss up between going in this thread, What Shits Ya or The Coffee thread. Regardless, what a ******* waste of not only coffee, but time. Doesn't my brain realise it needs some go juice therefore can't afford to do these types of things?
The old chicken or the egg ey? With coffee in your system, you're unlikely to have done that. Without coffee, you're more likely to do it but then you won't have had your coffee!!

The old chicken or the egg ey? With coffee in your system, you're unlikely to have done that. Without coffee, you're more likely to do it but then you won't have had your coffee!!

That and talking on the phone, reading emails etc while trying to get some coffee into me. I need to recall I'm a male, multi tasking should be limited to things like walking and talking at the same time.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back