I've heard that David Rath is set to leave

Remove this Banner Ad

smoke-fire-sam.jpg

just as a matter of interest i have not seen any official statements or confirmation as yet, hope it is false.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

"Success breeds success" fellow hawkers. If you look at our on field achievements in the last 50 years & couple it with the amount of intellectual property we've lost in recent times plus our membership boom & off field financial success ... there is NO COUNTER ARGUMENT AGAINST THE HFC BEING THE MOST INFLUENTIAL CLUB IN THE AFL. We lead the pack ... & that's scary when you recocgnise that the pack includes the AFL itself. First Evans & Newbold ... & now Rath (don't forget about Fox & the MCC). The lip service about Rath beating "one of the games trailblazing female coaches" is just that ... lip service. We're a victim of our own success & Rath was always a lock for the job. It's just like when some random bloke hits on your Mrs at a bar ... it's a back handed compliment. To be the best you've got to beat the best my friends ... & WE ARE THE BEST.

Sent from my lounge room screaming ... "I'm a peacock ... you gotta let me fly".

Last edited:
This loss hurts. Especially right in the middle of pre season.

I trust Clarko and the club will find the right person to take over from him. More than likely will promote from within I'd say a la Jason Burt, so as to try and keep it business as usual and not disrupt the pre season too much.

Whilst it is regrettable that David Rath has chosen to move on he has been with the club since Clarko arrived and has done a great job at the club. Nothing is forever and it is probably in his best interests to look for a new challenge.
I have no doubt that there are people out there with the talent and experience to replace him and trust that the club will choose his replacement wisely.
What an opportunity for a young man to step into his shoes at Australia's premier football club.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back