Scape Goat I've lost my faith in Ken Hinkley Part 2

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
If he got three years, that's a huge endorsement.

I think we'll see some serious changes to the line up. I'm actually fairly positive to have this all behind us if that is the case. Koch has made his point, there was likely an airing of grievances and a clashing of egos, but either way - this will no doubt instigate change on the list and in coaching.

I'm positive and I have no idea why. Just a gut (Doctor) feel.

Us against the rest, let's do this farken.

Agreed. You don't back the coach with a long term deal unless grievances were addressed and rectified. Ken has blooded a lot of youngsters in the past 12 months who have become regulars in the team (SPP, Atley, Marshall, Clurey, DBJ, Howard and Houston). A lot of these young players are in key positions for the side. I firmly believe that KH deserves the right to see this through and develop his guys, because I certainly feel that had we changed coaches, we would have once again been in a state of no man's land without a solid direction as to where we are headed on field.

If he got three years, that's a huge endorsement.

I think we'll see some serious changes to the line up. I'm actually fairly positive to have this all behind us if that is the case. Koch has made his point, there was likely an airing of grievances and a clashing of egos, but either way - this will no doubt instigate change on the list and in coaching.

I'm positive and I have no idea why. Just a gut (Doctor) feel.

Us against the rest, let's do this farken.

I'm not there, but it's about where I hope to get.

Agreed. You don't back the coach with a long term deal unless grievances were addressed and rectified. Ken has blooded a lot of youngsters in the past 12 months who have become regulars in the team (SPP, Atley, Marshall, Clurey, DBJ, Howard and Houston). A lot of these young players are in key positions for the side. I firmly believe that KH deserves the right to see this through and develop his guys, because I certainly feel that had we changed coaches, we would have once again been in a state of no man's land without a solid direction as to where we are headed on field.
Yes but which direction , the rubbish of 15/16 or the mediocre of 2017 , actually take Ryder out of the equation , and we were no better this year.

In alot of ways, this could be what we needed. Lines between Koch, KT and Ken would never have been clearer and roles, grievances and areas of frustration are now aired and hopefully dealt with. I don't agree with the final decision, and I had my say, but I do understand what is done is done and now we wait and see.

One thing keeps me going in this case - our development of kids. If there is anything Ken does well, it's that. Just play more young talls every once in a while ffs.

All the above said, if we don't fix our forward line and jekyll and hyde midfield, I shall be very cross.

Also do something about the Jarman Impey problem.

Farken.

In alot of ways, this could be what we needed. Lines between Koch, KT and Ken would never have been clearer and roles, grievances and areas of frustration are now aired and hopefully dealt with. I don't agree with the final decision, and I had my say, but I do understand what is done is done and now we wait and see.

One thing keeps me going in this case - our development of kids. If there is anything Ken does well, it's that. Just play more young talls every once in a while ffs.

All the above said, if we don't fix our forward line and jekyll and hyde midfield, I shall be very cross.

Farken.
I think it's much more likely we'll get a couple of games into the JLT series and realise nothing has changed. Just like the last couple of years.

I think it's much more likely we'll get a couple of games into the JLT series and realise nothing has changed. Just like the last couple of years.

I would wager you are right BUT

f7c (1).jpg

Yes but which direction , the rubbish of 15/16 or the mediocre of 2017 , actually take Ryder out of the equation , and we were no better this year.
Strange statement. Add Dangerfield and we win the premiership - a statement that has equal merit to yours.

Farken.
I'll feel more confident if we trade out a player under contract. That'd be the real indication of changing the 'everyone loves everyone, we can't break up the band' mentality, that's been a significantly contributing factor since the end of 2014. Bonus points if the club sucks up paying Lobbe out.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I'll feel more confident if we trade out a player under contract. That'd be the real indication of changing the 'everyone loves everyone, we can't break up the band' mentality, that's been a significantly contributing factor since the end of 2014. Bonus points if the club sucks up paying Lobbe out.
Will Impey do?

Only way I see this thread closed is if in 12 months and 2 weeks time we're celebrating a premiership with Jarman Impey taking the Norm Smith -- in a losing St Kilda team.

Imagine the awesomeness of Ken pictured holding the premiership cup with the caption "right man standing"

But for all the reasons already put in this thread, all we're going to get for the next few years is Ken pictured at the presser with captions questioning his outdated game plan

Last edited:
Five things Iv'e learnt these last few days:
1. Kenny is ballsy and clever and a touch sneakier than i had previously thought
2. PAFC hierarchy don't work weekends
3. Footy journo's are just lazy slobs
4. Ken Hinkley runs PAFC
5. Bigfooty can steal your life away

Chris Davies has history and form to guide us.

Results and results alone will close down this thread.

I can absolutely come at the (perhaps overly-optimistic) concept of "we're backing him to turn it around, the proof will be in the pudding he's been baking since 2013, etc", but taking the temperature of the various Port-themed social media hubs you'd think we were Hawthorn fans having warded off a play for Clarko.

The deep emotional connections we forge with individuals who've achieved little-to-nothing in the wider scheme of things continues to amaze.

The way I see it now we have the answer with Kenny and what he's doing going forward is I'm going to back him in from here and the club. The speculation is dead now, regardless of where it came from we have a picture of our future now. Ken is leading us forward and hopefully we get to where we all want to be with him at the helm.

I can say I wanted a change when the news broke yesterday, and before that but I'm more then happy to be proven wrong. The last 4 weeks I saw a change in selection, and thought Kenny had got away from the boys club and his favourites. Trengove going out spoke volumes, besides Impey coming in for the final that is. I don't feel we are far away from the top 4, as Ken said yesterday we have to fix our conversion up forward up all the other stats say we are close enough. Some shrewd recruiting, Rockliff, Motlop or Menzel would be great I can see us forcing our way into the top 4. Bring on 2018.

The way I see it now we have the answer with Kenny and what he's doing going forward is I'm going to back him in from here and the club. The speculation is dead now, regardless of where it came from we have a picture of our future now. Ken is leading us forward and hopefully we get to where we all want to be with him at the helm.

I could not put it anyway as good as this, and will leave it at that.

The deep emotional connections we forge with individuals who've achieved little-to-nothing in the wider scheme of things continues to amaze.

Not to mention the belief amongst some of our supporters that we're lucky to have someone that wants to coach us at all.

"Do you remember where we were 5 years ago? Look where we were then and where we are now!"

"No-one wanted to coach us!" "Poisoned chalice" etc. etc.

To still be eternally grateful for not being bottom 4, five years after the fact is just disgusting. Just keeping our heads above water must be a pass mark for a lot of people. I feel like a loser mentality has been passed on from the club and into the supporter base, further reinforced by the media that like to keep telling us that we'll always be just making up the numbers.

Five things Iv'e learnt these last few days:
1. Kenny is ballsy and clever and a touch sneakier than i had previously thought
2. PAFC hierarchy don't work weekends
3. Footy journo's are just lazy slobs
4. Ken Hinkley runs PAFC
5. Bigfooty can steal your life away
You only just realised number 3 in the last few days?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back