Scape Goat I've lost my faith in Ken Hinkley Part 2

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Have heard from a multiple premiership player at Subiaco that is still close to the man that Jarrod Schofield is coming over as an assistant coach next year as we're picking up his young fella as a F/S selection.

Accelarated succession plan pls.

below is a transcript of an email i got from the club this week justifying the greatness of Ken Hinkley,

"Thank you for your email in regards to your opinion on Ken Hinkley.

Judging from your facts about Ken, I’m guessing you didn’t follow Port Adelaide when we were at AAMI Stadium after 2007?

We missed out on playing finals 5 years in a row with average crowds of 15,000. Ken came to the club in 2013 and we immediately got back to our winning ways and made the Semi Finals just losing to Geelong. Our first final appearance since 2007. The following year we moved to Adelaide Oval, much to the delight of our members and supporters with an average of over 40,000 to a game. We also made a Preliminary Final but went down to eventual premiers Hawthorn.

2015 and 16 wasn’t the best but every team goes through seasons like this. Richmond didn’t play finals either. 2017 we made the finals again but fell short in extra time to West Coast and this season we are looking at another finals campaign under Ken Hinkley. From where we were at AAMI Stadium to now, I don’t think any other coach would of pulled us out of the situation we were in – the laughing stock of the competition with tarps on seats so the stadium didn’t look empty.

This is Ken’s 6th year at the club and we are looking at our 4th finals campaign.

Kind Regards,

William Northeast

Member Services Officer"

(This is about a delusional as the communist regime they have jumped in bed with)
If this s**t is real I'm no way in hell renewing my membership if we accept this mediocrity when we apparently "exist to win premierships"

Somewhere in the deep recesses of my mind :rolleyes: I can recall Kevin Sheedy saying something along the lines of not wanting to give Paddy Ryder long stints in the ruck ( particularly at centre bounce downs ) which apparently had something to do with how injury prone he was.

Somewhere in the deep recesses of my mind :rolleyes: I can recall Kevin Sheedy saying something along the lines of not wanting to give Paddy Ryder long stints in the ruck ( particularly at centre bounce downs ) which apparently had something to do with how injury prone he was.

No offence 1954, but you could just as easily be thinking of Simon Madden. :p

Changing our motto from We Exist To Win Premierships to "We Exist To Win Premierships and Make Our Community Proud" was seriously a big enough thing to have to go to member vote.

Absolutely ******* treasonous the board/some marketing campaigner face just butchered it at will. Some ******* parasite who wouldn't even be fit to utter those words in comparison to the footballing gods that first bought it into use was just like "yeah lets tack this on because power community limited/china marketing opportunities."

Yeah, cause there was nothing weird about teen/pre-teen girls dancing to a song about flaunting it as eye candy. Scrap NTUA for retro round and have free entry for those wearing trenchcoats :drunk:

lol the funk squad was quite humorous for me because miss feel is a very serious high level dance teacher of kids from ages 5-16, and she was just relentlessly and angrily picking apart how garbage they were.

To think the club paid them for it, lmao.

Changing our motto from We Exist To Win Premierships to "We Exist To Win Premierships and Make Our Community Proud" was seriously a big enough thing to have to go to member vote.

Absolutely ******* treasonous the board/some marketing campaigner face just butchered it at will. Some ******* parasite who wouldn't even be fit to utter those words in comparison to the footballing gods that first bought it into use was just like "yeah lets tack this on because power community limited/china marketing opportunities."

Sits alongside the club captain not wearing number 1 for the first time in 60 years. The club has definitely been hijacked to some extent.

I always get those two players mixed up. ;)

I was going to go with Graham Moss but I'm reasonably sure Sheedy wasn't coaching Essendon in the mid 1970s. :D

I think we need more funk squad and the giant fist on wheels back.

I used to see the fist as a giant fapping motion designed to insult the whole crowd.
Maybe I have some mental issues...

Sits alongside the club captain not wearing number 1 for the first time in 60 years. The club has definitely been hijacked to some extent.

It doesn't really. One was a permanent bullshit marketing slogan change which goes to the heart of the entire ethos of the club, the other was a one-off gesture to put a smile on the face of a kid with cancer. Not comparable.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Saying I’ve lost my faith in ken Hinkley would be like describing the holocaust as a mildly upsetting event for Jews

How often do you get an entire group of people see something coming, point it out for everything that is going to go wrong for which it does down to the letter to have the mistake repeated as if they are trying to prove it wasn’t a fluke.

I honestly believe that if port members told Hinkley that setting fire to his house would destroy it, that he would set fire to it and rebuild it so he could set fire to it again and point to the brief moment between the two houses burning and say “look, my house is fine!”

The best evidence we have that ken isn’t a good coach is ken being ken.

It doesn't really. One was a permanent bullshit marketing slogan change which goes to the heart of the entire ethos of the club, the other was a one-off gesture to put a smile on the face of a kid with cancer. Not comparable.

60 years of tradition was at one stage permanent too.

I dunno.

Maybe we can do nice stuff and not compromise club values?

I know it's unpopular, but focusing on football must be every player's top priority.

When is our next opportunity to vote FishingRick04 on to the board?
Aren’t we so lucky we get to vote 2 people onto our board. Foley should’ve got in and branded us SA lite because we are a ******* joke.

I'm done with ken's dribble. Jack Watt's to play super game coz we want him to play supergame but he cant play supergame so we will have to compensate by having the other players playing supergame but they cant do that coz they can barely walk laps but we play supergame anyway coz we not very good on the ladder so its better to be super than game go ports.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back