Scape Goat I've lost my faith in Ken Hinkley Part 2

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
I was at both games and no prizes for guessing which one had the guy behind me saying “I get that you’re excited but can you please sit down I can’t see” before quarter time.
That first quarter was nuts....spilled my beer trying to see if the White goal went in.

Kern should have now absolutely Donald Ducked himself with the Alberton faithful after that BS comment comparing the PAFC unfavourably to Richmond, the bloke clearly has no idea! :mad:

I thought long and hard about renewing my membership this year, and now I am really regretting that I did, how else do we get the message across to the campaigners running the club that ENOUGH IS ENOUGH without with-holding funds and/or not attending games?

It's unfortunately becoming more obvious by the day the hierarchy are just as big a pack of dick heads as kern is, they sold us this :poo: sandwich and are incapable of doing anything except throw more money and resources at a semi literate clown.

Maybe they are bigger clowns than he is. :think:

It’s such an awful mindset. We’re always “building” instead of “being” if that makes sense, just kicking the can down the road. The future is never realised.

I know Clarkson comparisons have been done to death on this board but I get the sense that he’s the exact opposite. Always thinking about how they’re gonna win the flag this year, even if they’re not the best team. It’s an excellent approach because if the last few Premiers have taught us anything it’s that you don’t always have to be.
You could turn that into an great slogan.

How about... "we exist to win premierships"?

On SM-G960F using BigFooty.com mobile app

I like how we will never ever give up kinda went by the wayside after we gave up in a few games
It really irks me how we continue to play it when we run out. Time to bin it. I miss the trumpets at the start of the club song.

Unpopular opinion: I actually like Ken. I reckon he’s a decent bloke. When he came in he had such a tremendous impact on our club, along with Burgess. The ride in 2013/14 was extremely enjoyable. He had a lot of intensity and inspiration that he was able to bundle up and deliver a competent AFL system to a club that was absolutely floundering. I mean really, as frustrating as it is now, we were an absolute joke in 2011/12, the absolute worst of the worst. Couldn’t put a single foot right.

That intensity that he brought was never going to be sustainable. At some point a coach either hits pay dirt or runs out of ideas. He is clearly in the latter department. His fanatical loyalty to a small forward line is just insane to look at from the outside. It has never delivered sustainable long-term results, and never will. I coach some Mickey Mouse stuff elsewhere and if my A1 gameplan hadn’t worked for 5 years, let alone a stretch like the end of 2018, I would’ve thrown it in the garbage a long time ago. To still not have a functional forward structure, or faith in any young key forward outside of the 22, is just laughable, maddening really.

It has also been really sad to see someone who was once a genuine bloke turn into a management buzzword spinner. I have some large concerns In that space. The coaches supposedly are being coached how to manage by a consultant/mentor, but what about the football side? We haven’t made a meaningful improvement to the deficits in our team since 2014. Footy isn’t business, as many traits as it does share in the professional area, and you are either able to motivate your players to play gutsy, skilful footy or you can’t. Ken’s lost that ability, and I’m not sure he’ll ever get it back. That’s why stability for stability’s sake isn’t the answer. It’s why you need football people making the decisions at the top end. Kochie as we all know is a theatre goer, but he’s just a figurehead. Where’s the heat on KT?

Hey guys remember when said that rd1 win against a completely woeful Melbourne was our best h&a win ever??

Remember when he blew out the front of his strides because we actually won a close game [against a team that missed the eight] despite doing everything in our power to throw it away as usual?

E4982244-A416-466E-B084-B33CB789CC4B.jpeg

We punched above our weight that night!

Remember when he blew out the front of his strides because we actually won a close game [against a team that missed the eight] despite doing everything in our power to throw it away as usual?

View attachment 656321

Embarrassing.

"I finally beat the crows!"

(Log in to remove this ad.)

“We are Port Adelaide” - PAFC
“We’ve got a long way to go to be anything like the Richmond Football club” - Ken Hinkley PAFC Head Coach

We are so confused as a club we have no idea who we even are or want to be.
I think that's the trouble with Hinkley, he so much wants us to be like Geelong or other teams. If he focused on what made Port the great club it was and tried to continue those traditions, he would have had more success.
Yes we want to be a team that other clubs take very seriously but imo you start by winning football games and all the other stuff will naturally come, like more members, attendances and sponsors, then the club will grow bigger and stonger.
Port Adelaide has never been financially rich but football rich they have. Koch and KT have started at the arse ond off things.

View attachment 656321

Just about cringe myself inside out everytime I see this.

I was at both games and no prizes for guessing which one had the guy behind me saying “I get that you’re excited but can you please sit down I can’t see” before quarter time.

I had this happen sitting in the members in the Monfries bounce showdown. While celebrating an early goal, a nonagenarian whacked me on the back of the head with his rolled up footy record and told me to sit down because he couldn't see.

I explained to him that I was standing to celebrate a goal, and that all he was missing was the ball being carried back to the centre. When he said he couldn't see who'd kicked the goal, I said it was the player with the ball directly prior to me standing up.

Bizarre.

To the full credit of the other Crows supporters around us, they spent most of the game taking the piss out of him, profusely apologising for standing after every Crows goal.

Unpopular opinion: I actually like Ken. I reckon he’s a decent bloke. .....
I don't dislike Ken as a person I just don't want him coaching my football club.

... Where’s the heat on KT?
There's plenty of heat on KT, Koch and the board for offering Hinkley a premature and undeserved contract extension.

To be fair to Ken on the round 1 win, it was a scrappy game from both sides so I wouldn't measure the teams based on the efficiency of the football.
On the other hand from an emotional standpoint, we never gave up the game and a combination of the young guns and the leaders we were able to take back the lead and secure the win. It was a day for every player and every fan. I agree that Ken shouldn't have spoken so soon, but I can understand why he would call it his "Best win" based on the motivation and courage our players had to keep going.

i think a large part of why he thought it (the R1 win) was so good is because he fell for the idea that Melbourne were now an absolute powerhouse and top 4 fancies and all that. not even that much to do with us, just being amazed that "we beat what the papers are calling the next powerhouse whoa i rule". we (the current regime) care too much about what others think and labels put upon us - unfortunately those labels are put on us both externally and internally. part of "managing expectations" that we heard a bit about in the early years of this regime..?

There's plenty of heat on KT

You just have to look at him to see that.

Of the three, he's the one I feel for the most.
His job would be like herding cats while an angry mob throws broken bottles at you.

With the benefit of hindsight, I'm of the opinion that our results in 2013 and 2014 had more to do with John McCarthy than Ken Hinkley.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back