Scape Goat I've lost my faith in Ken Hinkley Part 2

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
I get the point of this thread and all points mentioned have been valid (stubborn, not tactical enough on game days etc.) however, there isn’t a bloke I would want more in his position to help guide Marshall back to footy.

You will not find a player that doesn’t speak in glowing terms of Kenny, the way he has a relationship with his players, almost dad like.

Now this can be bad, as we have witnessed this where we feel players seem to lack the respect of the game plan or whatever. But a father figure is what Ken is and is what Todd needs (family withstanding) and I can’t wait to see him help guide this prodigious, raw talent into what his late parents wishes were, that is to be a great footballer.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I get the point of this thread and all points mentioned have been valid (stubborn, not tactical enough on game days etc.) however, there isn’t a bloke I would want more in his position to help guide Marshall back to footy.

You will not find a player that doesn’t speak in glowing terms of Kenny, the way he has a relationship with his players, almost dad like.

Now this can be bad, as we have witnessed this where we feel players seem to lack the respect of the game plan or whatever. But a father figure is what Ken is and is what Todd needs (family withstanding) and I can’t wait to see him help guide this prodigious, raw talent into what his late parents wishes were, that is to be a great footballer.

Agree totally with this. Even looking at it from a completely emotionless point of view, there is no doubt that Ken Hinkley is going to be one of the best people in the league to support Todd through the next 12 months or so and get the best out of him.

Agree totally with this. Even looking at it from a completely emotionless point of view, there is no doubt that Ken Hinkley is going to be one of the best people in the league to support Todd through the next 12 months or so and get the best out of him.
Can we shift him in to the Social Worker position? :think:

I will stick this in here as its the first thread I found on the subject, but interesting tweet from Ollie's sister after the showdown win.

I will stick this in here as its the first thread I found on the subject, but interesting tweet from Ollie's sister after the showdown win.

Just another observation to add to the “Ken is medicated” theory.

Lack of emotion can result from certain calming medications. Of course I could be totally wrong, maybe Ken just calmed down on his own after his first couple of years at the club.

Also, good to see the club following up on all those frees paid against Paddy.

Just another observation to add to the “Ken is medicated” theory.

Lack of emotion can result from certain calming medications. Of course I could be totally wrong, maybe Ken just calmed down on his own after his first couple of years at the club.

Also, good to see the club following up on all those frees paid against Paddy.

His first year he was as emotional as anyone..meds kicked in after he almost punched Hart i reckon

Med theory isn’t far from the truth. Ken, by his own admission, took too much on in 13/14 and essentially micro managed each line whilst being head coach. The stresses of AFL football coupled with being obsessed will turn the task at hand was sending Ken to an early exit from coaching.

Cut to now and with other line coaches and certain delegations we all bemoan his lack of emotion/passion. This has been a measured response to ensure he can survive this coaching gig. Maybe, we are seeing hands on Ken again?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

(Log in to remove this ad.)

It's been 4 years of just a befuddling negative game plan where he still claims we want to attack, yet we still have no clear structure to what we are doing even as our attack has been improved each trade period. The extension was a disgrace when it was done as there was no need, there was no shock at what was happening today I completely expected it to happen and it did. 4 goals in 3 quarters. Richmond next week could be interesting.

If we're not prepared to bite the bullet and pay out Hinkley (we won't), then refreshing the group of assistant coaches is a must. The only assistant with half a brain is Bass, and his gameplan is arse at AFL level. Get intelligent, tactically astute assistants who can actually teach, and who won't tolerate any bullshit either.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back