Scape Goat I've lost my faith in Ken Hinkley Part 2

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Smart stuff...

Like "compliance"

Our players arnt "compliant"

LOL, he's smart because he used the word compliant?

Anyone could see that the players weren't complying with what was being asked of them when certain players were constantly staying on the outside of packs and not letting other players have their turn at the easy ball. Anyone could see that we had certain players that would scream for the easy uncontested possession but not put their head in the hole when the time came for it. And anyone could see that the players who did put their head over the ball and always looked up to see the same players sitting outside the pack eventually got sick and tired of it and started to completely ignore them and simply bomb the ball forward.

The players won't do what you ask when you give excuses to those that don't one week and pick them the next week.

Out of curiosity why have you only seen it now? And not other seasons where similar has happened? What's the difference, it can't just be Monty and Schofield on board

We didn't have a list that was strong enough in the past, so there were mitigating circumstances for him not picking certain players. When Aaron Young, Sam Gray and Brendan Ah Chee are your depth, there's a very good reason why you keep going back to the same well.

But this year, we've got strong depth. Mayes could easily get a game. Farrell could easily get a game. Lienert. Broadbent. Garner. And that's not including the likes of Hartlett, Dixon and Watts who are all injured. There is no excuse for him anymore.

We didn't have a list that was strong enough in the past, so there were mitigating circumstances for him not picking certain players. When Aaron Young, Sam Gray and Brendan Ah Chee are your depth, there's a very good reason why you keep going back to the same well.

But this year, we've got strong depth. Mayes could easily get a game. Farrell could easily get a game. Lienert. Broadbent. Garner. And that's not including the likes of Hartlett, Dixon and Watts who are all injured. There is no excuse for him anymore.
We aren't playing any differently to what we have previously either. It's the same brand of football we've all seen. Ken is either stubborn, or stupid.

We aren't playing any differently to what we have previously either. It's the same brand of football we've all seen. Ken is either stubborn, or stupid.

Comes back to the players not doing what they are told. That shithouse, no method garbage that the always disintegrate into when they lose trust in their teammates due to Ken not dropping players who don't perform straight away.

LOL, he's smart because he used the word compliant?

Anyone could see that the players weren't complying with what was being asked of them when certain players were constantly staying on the outside of packs and not letting other players have their turn at the easy ball. Anyone could see that we had certain players that would scream for the easy uncontested possession but not put their head in the hole when the time came for it. And anyone could see that the players who did put their head over the ball and always looked up to see the same players sitting outside the pack eventually got sick and tired of it and started to completely ignore them and simply bomb the ball forward.

The players won't do what you ask when you give excuses to those that don't one week and pick them the next week.

You have seemed to answer your own question. You don't have to be smart to use the word compliance. The difference between Schoey and Hinkley is that Schoey will publicly state the players are non-compliant whereas Hinkley would know they were non-compliant but do nothing about it. It's not about intelligence or coaching knowledge but personality. Schoey sets criteria and enforces it. Hinkley sets criteria and sulks that it is not followed. If Hinkley had actually managed to drop a few players for not meeting his criteria then his coaching career could have looked much better.

You have seemed to answer your own question. You don't have to be smart to use the word compliance. The difference between Schoey and Hinkley is that Schoey will publicly state the players are non-compliant whereas Hinkley would know they were non-compliant but do nothing about it. It's not about intelligence or coaching knowledge but personality. Schoey sets criteria and enforces it. Hinkley sets criteria and sulks that it is not followed. If Hinkley had actually managed to drop a few players for not meeting his criteria then his coaching career could have looked much better.
Liked for ‘sulks’.

The perfect terminology.

Thanks for that 88 it is as disturbing as it is enlightening. Do you know who is on this Football Committee?

I rang the Club and got the message that the players approved but it looks as if they did not nominate Co Captains. That looks to be down to Hinkley and his co conspirators.

No I'm a bit confused by the football committee. I thought it included the coaches but I know it included Davies. My source which is a former official said the players didn't give birth to co-captains and it appears to be backed up by Hartlett's description of the player input. However certain players must've known this was the committee's intention because my source knew it prior to when Hartlett said the players got together. I'm not entirely sure Raptalia because I didn't press the situation deeply as the source was quite moody about it. Maybe I can probe him again.

Not connected to the above post but an earlier post ... in 2014 we had players with afl games behind them that were too good for the sanfl and not able to emulate that in the afl but we had a similar situation in 2017. So we had ok depth in both of those seasons?

No I'm a bit confused by the football committee. I thought it included the coaches but I know it included Davies. My source which is a former official said the players didn't give birth to co-captains and it appears to be backed up by Hartlett's description of the player input. However certain players must've known this was the committee's intention because my source knew it prior to when Hartlett said the players got together. I'm not entirely sure Raptalia because I didn't press the situation deeply as the source was quite moody about it. Maybe I can probe him again.
The things you do.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Not connected to the above post but an earlier post ... in 2014 we had players with afl games behind them that were too good for the sanfl and not able to emulate that in the afl but we had a similar situation in 2017. So we had ok depth in both of those seasons?

We had pressure from underneath that ensured that the players selected would perform in 2014, because what Ken told the players was 'you don't defend, you don't play'.

But what happened was that as Hinkley became acutely aware that the list wasn't actually good enough, and we started getting rid of depth players and not replenishing them because we were trading for Ryder and Dixon, the players started to realise that he was full of s**t and didn't actually have the balls to drop them if they ****ed up. Guys like Colquhoun, Moore, Newton et al weren't great players by any stretch, but at the time their presence forced the players who were good to pick up their socks just through the mere threat of their selection.

It's no surprise that in 2014 and 2017 the Magpies had their best years in the SANFL for awhile. It's all about cause and effect.

That's why the answer to getting players to comply is simple - if you don't like what they are putting out in terms of tackle numbers and pressure, don't give them a second chance. Drop them straight away. They'll learn soon enough not to * around.

Actually follow through with 'you don't defend, you don't play'.

oZQjHQQ.jpg

Ken on 360 - 'We have a great recent history against West Coast'.

'Great' would be one way of describing it I guess.

hahahahah

Do you think there is any actual chance that Ken believes what he's saying? Could he be that deluded?

Or is it more sinister, does he actually think that as long as he keeps saying it people will start believing it. Does he think all Port supporters have no memory or have very little ability to reason or have independent thought.

At times when Ken speaks, and Koch too, I actually think I may be in some sort of tripped out parallel universe 'cause what they are saying isn't what I am seeing or feeling when they talk footy.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back