Status
Not open for further replies.

NEGAN

Premium Gold
Apr 26, 2016
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
I just don't see it.

It's just another page in the epic tome that is failure under Hinkley. I don't see it as any different to a bunch of our other losses, including Brisbane the week before.

I think we need to be spanked for anyone with any power to sit up and take notice. Maybe Friday night.
We will be spanked...

Boak the only leader showing any fighting spirit.

The rest seem broken or jaded eg Ryder.

The end is near and by that I mean he won't be here next season.

I just don't see it.

It's just another page in the epic tome that is failure under Hinkley. I don't see it as any different to a bunch of our other losses, including Brisbane the week before.

I think we need to be spanked for anyone with any power to sit up and take notice. Maybe Friday night.

Yeah. If we had the type of admin that makes sound decisions when they have to be made, Hinkley would not have been extended

I now understand that they live in some sort of bubble and they genuinely pursued re-signing hinkley thinking it was a huge win and that supporters were going to be happy about it.

That or they have completely lost the plot and have turned their back on everything we stand for. I think it's a bit of both given their flagrant changing of our motto and the co-captaincy thing. Disastrous.

Last edited:
Apr 6, 2014
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
I just don't see it.

I fear that it is going to have to become terrible for a long time before they act on the root cause. That showdown where it really should have been a 150 point loss should have sunk Hinkley but they extended him.

I fear that it is going to have to become terrible for a long time before they act on the root cause. That showdown where it really should have been a 150 point loss should have sunk Hinkley but they extended him.

Missing finals after 11-4 and all the club come out with is "he was superman at 11-4 calm your ****"

It would be funny if it wasn't so deranged.

Apr 6, 2014
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Missing finals after 11-4 and all the club come out with is "he was superman at 11-4 calm your ****"

It would be funny if it wasn't so deranged.

Yeah what were Koch's words? "You all thought he was superman at 11 and 4?". It wasn't even language that I had heard from anybody even at the best if times.

Yeah what were Koch's words? "You all thought he was superman at 11 and 4?". It wasn't even language that I had heard from anybody even at the best if times.

Koch has been nothing if not consistent at insulting the members. His speech at the Insider day was no different.

Lol @ all the predictive modelling guys releasing all their ladder predictor algorithms after round 4.

Port is either 8th or 9th in all of them.

We are super consistent at finishing around that mark at the very least.

Lol @ all the predictive modelling guys releasing all their ladder predictor algorithms after round 4.

Port is either 8th or 9th in all of them.

We are super consistent at finishing around that mark at the very least.

Backing in arse first to 8th position after round 23 would be so disastrous. Ken would almost certainly see out his contract.

Apr 27, 2008
The 'Yabba
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Other Teams
Chael Sonnen: Moral Champion
I was watching the St Kilda - Hawks game on Sunday...

It was how I used to feel watching Port. They threw everything at the Hawks in the last quarter and a half and did the job. The stadium was electric that whole time. They sensed their team had dug in and said 'no more', their supporters were buzzing and cheering everything. The players cracked in at every contest even if they were sloppy, and they kept the footy moving forward, and they managed to not drop their bundle when they hit the front. When the siren went it wasn't just relief, but excitement and celebration.

That's how I felt in 13 - 14, maybe 15. Now there's no excitement when we are playing hard, there's no buzz, and when we do win it's only relief, when we do hit the front it is met with trepidation from the stands. How did this happen? There was no such thing in the Sydney and Collingwood back to back wins in 2013. Win or lose we would have been proud. There was no trepidation ever, no relief, just football ecstasy.

******* St ******* Kilda man, how far have we fallen? More importantly, how long will it take to recover?

Apr 27, 2008
The 'Yabba
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Other Teams
Chael Sonnen: Moral Champion
Remember when we won a game in 2012 then lost the next week and Kane came out in defence of Primus like, 'nobody had an issue with the game plan last week' bs? I think it was one of those awful triple switch games vs a Ross Lyon team which would have been Freo at that point.

AwwThatsApples

Cancelled
Mar 24, 2019
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Other Teams
HFL
Nearly 400 pages in now.
Ken might just be one of the most despised coaches in AFL history.
I don't think I've ever seen so much bloodthirsty hate over one man in my entire life.

Nearly 400 pages in now.
Ken might just be one of the most despised coaches in AFL history.
I don't think I've ever seen so much bloodthirsty hate over one man in my entire life.
Almost 800 pages if you include part 1.

Apr 13, 2006
The Bitter End
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Someone asked before, but then it went off in a soft cap we can't afford it direction/discussion. Can we simply not allow Hinkley to coach? I mean keep paying him, but just not let him anywhere near the joint. Again I'm not talking about sacking him, I'm not talking about anybody new to replace him. Just simply not let him coach. Let one of the assistants take the reins completely (Monty possibly as he has the most experience at this level, or Schoey although still very raw at AFL level). Just reshuffle the assistants.

To me this seems like a way we could * off Ken without destroying our soft cap. Could this happen?

Willsy10

Norm Smith Medallist
Apr 3, 2014
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
And the plummet will continue for as long as you let Hinkley off the hook. He is, as you say, the man in charge. So what’s the value in going light on him and giving him a way out?
Not going light on him at all. Just confused as to why Schofield & Monty are seen as our saviours.

Jun 12, 2012
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Someone asked before, but then it went off in a soft cap we can't afford it direction/discussion. Can we simply not allow Hinkley to coach? I mean keep paying him, but just not let him anywhere near the joint. Again I'm not talking about sacking him, I'm not talking about anybody new to replace him. Just simply not let him coach. Let one of the assistants take the reins completely (Monty possibly as he has the most experience at this level, or Schoey although still very raw at AFL level). Just reshuffle the assistants.

To me this seems like a way we could **** off Ken without destroying our soft cap. Could this happen?

Monty/SchoBro would probably demand a decent bump in salary to compensate I’d imagine, plus another assistant to replace themselves. It’s basically just sacking Ken anyway from a cost perspective.

Apr 13, 2006
The Bitter End
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Not going light on him at all. Just confused as to why Schofield & Monty are seen as our saviours.

Because they aren't Ken Hinkley. Hinkley has been a complete failure. Time to stop kicking the dead horse. Will Monty/Schooled be any better? Who knows, but we can't keep this loser on. It's killing the club.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back