Tredz

Club Legend
Apr 30, 2011
Brisbane, QLD
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Other Teams
Utah Jazz
Back on page 172 of this thread, August 12th last year, after another loss to WCE and McGovern did a number on us again, this time in a different way, I cracked the shits and I wrote that the best way to get rid of Ken and not pay him out for 3 years is that the board bans him from selection committee when we play West Coast, because he doesn't have the brain power to handle McGovern, WCE and Simpson. I said that should piss him off enough to grab Donna and the kids and walk.

It would require balls of steel from Koch, KT and Chris Davies to do that because Hinkley would run to his media mates and they would launch a blitzkrieg of negativity at us, so it ain't going to happen unless a few people get a good hit to the head, and forget how weak they are under pressure.

Totally agree REH - given that we can't legitimately fire Hinkley without financially crippling the club the next best option for the club [and by extension its members] is to make his position so uncomfortable and untenable that he chooses to voluntarily step down. Alternatively, as others have suggested "elevate" him to a role of "Director of Coaching" or "Assistant Vice-President in Charge of Door Mats and Toilet Rolls" and allow someone else to take over the Head Coach role.

I don't even want hinkley as the boot studder.

He’s good at doing the same thing over and over he’s probably a champ at it.

Gray would promptly have a Zion Williamsonesque blowout,

“When Robbie’s PCL wasn’t hanging by a thread you all thought Ken was a superhero”

Ilias M

Club Legend
Mar 22, 2015
Port Adelaide, Adelaide
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Other Teams
Chicago Bulls
"I don't think there's any excuses to say, 'well they're a better footy club'." kane Cornes feels Ken Hinkley's post-loss comments after the Richmond loss might have disappointed some Power fans.

Really is this the best we got

Totally agree REH - given that we can't legitimately fire Hinkley without financially crippling the club the next best option for the club [and by extension its members] is to make his position so uncomfortable and untenable that he chooses to voluntarily step down. Alternatively, as others have suggested "elevate" him to a role of "Director of Coaching" or "Assistant Vice-President in Charge of Door Mats and Toilet Rolls" and allow someone else to take over the Head Coach role.

Funny enough why is them media so silent on Ken future take voss for that matter as well? In some way i think they want Ken to continue to coach Port because they know while Ken at the club we aren't progressing. Or too many people are protecting the club

"I don't think there's any excuses to say, 'well they're a better footy club'." kane Cornes feels Ken Hinkley's post-loss comments after the Richmond loss might have disappointed some Power fans.

Really is this the best we got

The truth has no agenda.

Apr 6, 2014
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
A poster informed us on here about our Ken's statements on 360 last night. He stated "we have a great recent history against West Coast" and described how we (Port) want to be a part of that. I just don't understand why he speaks so buoyantly like this and chooses those descriptions. I really question what drives Hinkley to be a senior coach, other than the money.

Magus

Cancelled
10k Posts Bring Back the Bars
Dec 31, 2013
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Other Teams
Dallas Mavericks
Ken for the remainder of his contract or Voss for that time? K go.

Media outlets gradually assembling to load Pyke into a cannon.

Old mate skates by dropping bizarre soundbytes amidst his 5th loss at Adelaide Oval in 6 games and it’s business as usual.

PAFC66

Down a dark alley
Feb 5, 2007
Melbourne
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
"We've got a long way to go to become anything like the Ricmond Football Club."

Are you f***ing kidding me??? You've had SEVEN years!😡!

This bloke is gonna destroy the fabric of what made our club great. He needs to go. Now. Enough!
Take that comment he made back to the end of the elimination final in 2014.. tell me he'll be saying that in 4 years and I'd laugh at you. What a joke that the club is accepting this

Ilias M

Club Legend
Mar 22, 2015
Port Adelaide, Adelaide
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Other Teams
Chicago Bulls
I think people have had enough of the spin by the club. People are hurting after 7 years of same old.

Then you have ken coming out after the Brisbane game a coach that states he had a chat that 'someone had to lose'.

statements on 360 last night. He stated "we have a great recent history against West Coast"

Supporters are angered

1. Extended Hinkley’s contract for no apparent reason.
2. Co-Captains- no logical reason given (because Ken wanted it )
3. Paying up at a convention hearing the same old
4. Team selections

5. Same game style backwards sideways slow it down
A8D6713A-6510-4ED9-BC56-0B64A50D1E18.jpeg

MrPlow

Club Legend
Oct 25, 2015
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
I think people have had enough of the spin by the club. People are hurting after 7 years of same old.

Then you have ken coming out after the Brisbane game a coach that states he had a chat that 'someone had to lose'.

statements on 360 last night. He stated "we have a great recent history against West Coast"

Supporters are angered

1. Extended Hinkley’s contract for no apparent reason.
2. Co-Captains- no logical reason given (because Ken wanted it )
3. Paying up at a convention hearing the same old
4. Team selections

5. Same game style backwards sideways slow it downView attachment 656088

1. Whinge whinge whinge - we are a small club it’s too tough - whinge whinge whinge

2. Lie lie lie - we pretend to value your opinion - lie lie lie

Sep 25, 2013
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
One thing that has always struck me with Port under Hinkley is that the players play to their opposition and that we revert to kind as soon as turbulence hits.

What I mean is that the good sides have a discernible playing style that they play week in, week out. Sure they adapt here or there or have to drag out wins in some situations but, in the main, strong sides play their brand and their plan. Hawthorn with their position footy, WC with their ‘web’, Crows with their overlap.

Port ‘got found out’ in 2015 and rejigged the gameplan. This seemed to work for patches of 2016 but with form and injuries we reverted to kind. Similar story in 17 and 18.

What I’ve struggled to understand is why we have such a disconnect between the list and the gameplan.

For example. This year we clearly started with a plan for 3 tall backs, one ruck, one ruck resting forward, two tall forwards. Use ruck dominance to get it to outside pace to deliver to our talls who mark or bring it down for our smalls. So maximise our exploitation of the new rules. If this doesn’t work, our high zone stops rapid transfers and doesn’t exhaust our players. We also have the skills in the backline to hold the ball and not turn it over, basically an area where every team gets a high percentage of goals.

So if that’s the plan why did we desert it after round two? We lost Watts and replaced with Howard - tall for tall. We lost Amon and replaced with Wines - outside for inside, why not drop another inside player for an outside runner? We dropped Marshall for Gray, tall for a small. Why? What did the coaches see in those two games that said we were too top heavy? Surely that was the plan or structure we had worked on all summer, so why change?

Even if Marshall needed to be dropped, he should have been replaced with a tall. If no talls were available could someone else play the role? If not, why were no other talls available? Why did you create a system that required something that your list didn’t have and why didn’t your list managers get what you need?

Other sides seem to manage without key players, so why can’t Port? Why do we change our plan at the first sign of difficulty?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back