Scape Goat I've lost my faith in Ken Hinkley Part 3

Remove this Banner Ad

Just keep scoring until we score a goal, which is the Richmond model.

As long as you keep the ball in your half of the ground, you’re gonna score more points than them. And the lower you can keep their score, the better your percentage will be.

But our score conversion for how many i50's we get is atrocious. So its a dud game plan.

Seriously.

BiLlY iSn'T rEaDy!

*Doesn't even play Billy in JLT games for his development*

BiLlY iSn'T rEaDy!

*Plays Marshall in his first year*

BiLlY iSn'T rEaDy!

*Plays Ryder on one leg*

BiLlY iSn'T rEaDy!

*Plays Dixon as our ruckman*

BiLlY iSn'T rEaDy!

*Plays all of our draftees from 2018*

BiLlY iSn'T rEaDy!

*Plays obese AJ*
Our coach is a non functioning *

But our score conversion for how many i50's we get is atrocious. So its a dud game plan.

Always trying to walk it in.

I’d rather we just pepper the goals personally. As long as it’s a good chance, have a shot and then get back hard on defence to get the ball back.

Unbelievable that he still holds this opinion after the past couple of years.

Remember in 2013/14 when Ken talked about putting momentum on the scoreboard?

I'm sure many premierships have been won purely on time in forward half rather than you know, scoring.

AJ was brought in to hopefully compensate for the out of form Butters at the time because Ken still wanted to use a defensive forward to apply pressure to the opposition. The problem came when AJ failed to dispose efficiently but more importantly fail to apply pressure, which is what he was brought in for. As I said AJ had little to do with the Frampton problem as he played a very different role within the forward, if Marshall or Westhoff had just simply converted then it would've never been an issue we would have to tackle. I am glad to see Frampton playing in a position he likes, but now is a question of whether or not he decides to drop off in form similar to Marshall.

AJ and Frampton are different players and were brought in with different intentions

I've gotten tired of praising the selection of a player that at best is there to apply forward pressure. Johnson was not going to worry Laird. It would be better to have a player that Laird will be worried about getting a bag of goals kicked on him.

I listened to Bassett on the radio yesterday and he said himself that he has little care for how high our total scores are, so long as the ball can stay on our half of the ground.

1. Get ball into F50 by any means possible as often as possible.

2. Lock it in the F50 through pressure acts.

3. ????

4. Profit.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

People were calling for him to be selected as a ruck. He proved he was nothing more than a chop out ruck - someone to give a primary ruck a rest, and worse at it than Westhoff. And that was last year with a stronger body, not in 2016.

No one called for him to be selected as a key forward.

You know who they did call for as a key forward? Mitch Harvey.

Last year when Ryder was missing nothing was stopping the coached from playing Frampton and sharing the ruck duties between the talls. It wouldn't have been a solid solution but neither was sharing the ruck with Westhoff and Dixon, yet wouldn't try it. Frampton was as ready then as he was now.

How do you see Ken trying to put the genie back in the bottle and not play Frampton now?

Dixon is still a long way off isn't he.

I wonder whether Ken is fully aware of the enormity of the member discontent with him, not the players, him. Or has he got a posse that is protecting him from reality?
I'm fairly confident he does. It's called the Board, who, collectively, have developed such a level of arrogance that scoffs at us "members" and "supporters".

The Board that jumped to extend Hinkley's contract post the West Coast finals loss when things turned volatile in the rooms and Hinkley threatened to head to Gold Coast. Follow that up with ignoring extreme discontent to trash a 149 year tradition of one captain and the uniqueness of the captain wearing #1.

It's not just Hinkley blissfully unaware of discontent, it's the Board and other areas of the club. Even when Matthew Richardson took to Twitter to seek reasons for discontent, he had a counter-argument for every suggestion put to him. The ignorance is staggering.

Chances are if you do well enough in the AFL then you'll almost automatically do well in the SANFL, which isn't always the case, but whilst the outcome of the SANFL season seems to be irrelevant (At least to the club), the development of young players is very important, and honestly had we given Billy a full season as a FF then I could only imagine how capable he would be by now, but sometimes it can take time to find the strengths and weaknesses of players, and hopefully Billy plants yet more young seeds in the soil to prepare a young team for the future.

You've said nothing here.

I remember very little from Primus at this point, and I'd rather keep it that way.
But what exactly was this Simon Phillips Hoopla?
What game was it and who was he brought in for?

In Round 7 of the 2012 SANFL season he picked up 4 disposals and 1 mark for Norwood, then played against Fremantle the following week, picking up 6 disposals. He came in for Hitchcock

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Last year when Ryder was missing nothing was stopping the coached from playing Frampton and sharing the ruck duties between the talls. It wouldn't have been a solid solution but neither was sharing the ruck with Westhoff and Dixon, yet wouldn't try it. Frampton was as ready then as he was now.

Had we played Frampton early last year then we would have seen another Redden performance. People can complain about that non selection but at the end of the day, he literally was not ready to play in that particular game. The club expected him to be pushing for games early last year which is why he went in for that early surgery. At the end of the day, he fell behind in his recovery, then got injured again and wasn't ready to play when the club expected him to be.

No excuse as to why he didnt play 2 weeks ago though.

When I interviewed Ken at the start of the year, one of the questions I asked was how were we going to fit in all the talls that we had at our disposal this year because on paper it looked like someone that was deserving of games was likely to miss out. He answered basically that he expected all of them to play in the same side (Lycett, Ryder, Westhoff, Dixon, Marshall, Watts + the KPD's) and said that WC won with a tall structure so there is no reason why we wouldnt be trying to replicate that given the quality of talls we have at our disposal. So I don't think Ken is anti-tall. I feel he expects more out of them than what we sometimes see and holds them more accountable.

Had we played Frampton early last year then we would have seen another Redden performance. People can complain about that non selection but at the end of the day, he literally was not ready to play in that particular game. The club expected him to be pushing for games early last year which is why he went in for that early surgery. At the end of the day, he fell behind in his recovery, then got injured again and wasn't ready to play when the club expected him to be.

No excuse as to why he didnt play 2 weeks ago though.

When I interviewed Ken at the start of the year, one of the questions I asked was how were we going to fit in all the talls that we had at our disposal this year because on paper it looked like someone that was deserving of games was likely to miss out. He answered basically that he expected all of them to play in the same side (Lycett, Ryder, Westhoff, Dixon, Marshall, Watts + the KPD's) and said that WC won with a tall structure so there is no reason why we wouldnt be trying to replicate that given the quality of talls we have at our disposal. So I don't think Ken is anti-tall. I feel he expects more out of them than what we sometimes see and holds them more accountable.
What you are saying makes sense but last year even if Billy made a contest, it would have kept out forward line talls in place and Westhoff away from his worst position, (ruck).
It's not so much about Frampton, it was more about keeping our structures and a like for like replacement.

In Round 7 of the 2012 SANFL season he picked up 4 disposals and 1 mark for Norwood, then played against Fremantle the following week, picking up 6 disposals. He came in for Hitchcock
Well it's good to know he was a 50% better player at AFL level.

I mean, if it had been the last game of the season and we were 2nd bottom and bottom place had won a day earlier meaning we were a loss away from Pick 1 and some generational player, his selection would have triggered an inquest in to tanking.
Not anymore. Ken is thinking ahead, mate!

Remove this Banner Ad

Back