Remove this Banner Ad

I'm a Fire Dragon so those ******s better watch out

B75A61CC-058D-4C59-998A-E54C42D4FDF1.jpeg

Vagabond0

Club Legend
Sep 21, 2014
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
So Billy shows form, doesn't get picked for showdown "because slippery conditions", now gets picked with half an inch of rain forecasted despite no game for Maggies previous week.

Kenny connsiders Marshall a small, but brings Billy in for Todd. Does that mean he also considers Billy a small :think:

Are we to assume if Dixon is fit and ready to go there's no room for Billy or Todd under Kenny?

Rather than promoting form and playing systems, change reaks of dropping Todd for lack of confidence and Billy gets runners up call.

Personally would rather hear our coach talk up the quality of our lads (regardless of what he really thinks) so at least he can instil some belief but nah easier to talk excuses and water down expectations.

Hope Billy plays a great game, at the very least just to spite Kenny.

Got a sneaking suspicious that won't take much to see Billy back in the magpies.

Wonder how much he'll need to produce to keep his spot. Guessing he can't get out marked at a single contest, must light up the forward line by bringing in the smalls crumbing off him, lay 4-5 tackles, 2-3 multiple pressure acts, 5+ marks and kick 3 straight himself to ensure he doesn't get dropped for not running 20km during the game.

I've heard the first info about Ken being under pressure, not much info but enough to be pleased about it. Just that the words "well he may not be around for much longer" were bandied about.

Unfortunately the trade off is morale in the playing group is seriously low at the moment.

The selection of Johnson was simply Ken "having his favourites" as well. Exactly what we all suspected.

I am a Wood Dragon. A Gemini Wood Dragon. Don't know if it helps me or hinders me.

Lol your pretty much the exact opposite of me...an Aquarius Third Decan Metal Rooster. Which explains an awful, awful lot of my personality. Super egoistic, logical, brash and idealistic that sees only the best in others :p

Lol your pretty much the exact opposite of me...an Aquarius Third Decan Metal Rooster. Which explains an awful, awful lot of my personality. Super egoistic, logical, brash and idealistic that sees only the best in others :p
Make that Aquarian Gold Rooster. Sounds like you, mate.

JUSTWORK

Brownlow Medallist
Aug 25, 2013
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
I've heard the first info about Ken being under pressure, not much info but enough to be pleased about it. Just that the words "well he may not be around for much longer" were bandied about.

Unfortunately the trade off is morale in the playing group is seriously low at the moment.

The selection of Johnson was simply Ken "having his favourites" as well. Exactly what we all suspected.

What info ?

If Morale is down, picking guys like Atley, Frampton are good calls. Bloke who will be desperate to be there next week. Guys who know they dont have a gold pass. Add the enthusiasm of a debutant. Could create a bit of a spark to build on the next few weeks.

Wonder who's Idea that was, Clearly not Kens.

Magus

Cancelled
10k Posts Bring Back the Bars
Dec 31, 2013
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Other Teams
Dallas Mavericks
They do seem to love him. Guys loved Primus too though.

It’s because they know the problem isn’t with Ken. This is the game plan the players wanted to play, and due to injuries it’s not going as they hoped.

It would be a s**t feeling as a player actually preferring to play away from home than play in front of a fan base that doesn’t actually support you.

Magus

Cancelled
Dec 31, 2013
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Other Teams
Dallas Mavericks
It’s because they know the problem isn’t with Ken. This is the game plan the players wanted to play, and due to injuries it’s not going as they hoped.

It would be a **** feeling as a player actually preferring to play away from home than play in front of a fan base that doesn’t actually support you.

You have an amazing ability to know what everyone's thinking.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

You have an amazing ability to know what everyone's thinking.

Look at the performance of the team at home vs away if you want to know what they are feeling. It's not that hard to work it out.

Morale is low because of performances not because of the coach being under pressure.

If the performances were better, the coach wouldn't be under pressure. It's a symbiotic circle.

Players are too young to know who to love.

You may have noticed there is a consistent upbeat and optimism when the season starts ... by the time of the bye Our Ken has consistently turned into a boring senior coach, a boring individual to be around let alone play for, put your football career on the line for this guy?

Bring on someone from a younger more educated generation ... like Schofield.

Check out the video/s produced by Koch and Cardone on behalf of Renault in 2015 / 2016. Most of it was Our Ken standing up front in a conference room full of players and staff monotoning along in some unintelligible tongue punctuated by the yawns of the young men in the room forced to sit there and try to work out what he was rambling on about. Score another strike out for the chairman and his coat-carrier.

Morale is low because of performances not because of the coach being under pressure.
Tell me exactly where one ends and the other begins.

Any player or coach at the club who has watched Mayes, Trengove, Ladhams and others bust their arse game in game out this year with the Maggies and then saw Johnson get selection, and more importantly his output last Saturday would be low on morale.

Magus

Cancelled
Dec 31, 2013
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Other Teams
Dallas Mavericks
Look at the performance of the team at home vs away if you want to know what they are feeling. It's not that hard to work it out.

If the performances were better, the coach wouldn't be under pressure. It's a symbiotic circle.

Are you blaming the supporters again?

Are you blaming the supporters again?

I'm making an observation in the difference in performance and energy from the team both at home and away. You can draw your own conclusion as to why that is.

Vanity selections are a tell tale sign that a coach is on the way out.

I mean, how many times do you have to lose to the ******* Crows the same way before it sinks in? At least once more apparently.

That 3 year extension easily surpasses Choco’s train wreck extension. All that experience and business acumen from our club leadership has resulted in a deal so terrible that the average fig booty alumnus could have a better job. Can we just cut the crap and put Butters Made Me Do It in charge of contracts?

Any player or coach at the club who has watched Mayes, Trengove, Ladhams and others bust their arse game in game out this year with the Maggies and then saw Johnson get selection, and more importantly his output last Saturday would be low on morale.

It wasn't a good look, especially since Motlop wasn't exactly setting the world on fire either when he got selected. Rewarding at least one of those guys for busting their arse over either Motlop or Johnson would have set the right example. You know Mayes would have given his all to impress from half forward and delivered the ball better.

Ken worries far too much about Adelaide for my liking. That's the only reason he'd bother to select Farrell and Johnson and play them the way that he did.

- R1 Melbourne (Away) and R2 Carlton (Home) - Both wins against ordinary opposition when positivity was high
- R7 Collingwood (Away) and R8 Adelaide (Home) - Both high energy with many wasted opportunities due to opposition pressure

There's more similarity between these games in terms of performance and energy than between Melb & Coll, or Carlton & Adelaide

Even `its the vibe of the thing' is letting you down, Janus

That 3 year extension easily surpasses Choco’s train wreck extension. All that experience and business acumen from our club leadership has resulted in a deal so terrible that the average fig booty alumnus could have a better job. Can we just cut the crap and put Butters Made Me Do It in charge of contracts?
Nah, we just need someone who can work out where the line is independent of negotiation tactics, and then stick to it. They're not uncommon in business.

We might even have that person, but they're being overruled by someone higher up? It'd explain a bit.

Magus

Cancelled
Dec 31, 2013
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Other Teams
Dallas Mavericks
I'm making an observation in the difference in performance and energy from the team both at home and away. You can draw your own conclusion as to why that is.

Screenshot_20190516-214753_Instagram.jpg

Remove this Banner Ad

Back