Opinion I've lost my faith in Ken Hinkley

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
I mean

358852_8b93ad2f60ec6f4172f87e7ad7d62f9d.gif

We're not talking about 70s ruckmen here. We're talking about really mobile players.

This gif is just as good as the SPP Burgerslam. Hypnotic.

2 issues here:

1) Trengove has no real experience or form as an AFL KPF. I think he can probably play the role pretty well given that he does everything else pretty well, but we'll see.

2) We haven't put Trengove up forward. We've just talked about how we want to play him forward. He's spent far more time this year playing in defence than up forward.

Eddy is pushing s**t uphill at this stage to keep himself above Howard and Frampton in the pecking order if it is indeed the intention of Hinkley to pick another KPF, but what will most likely happen (based on Hinkley's history) is that Trengove will be named at KPF every week then play there for 5 seconds before switching back, and we'll be going with Dixon and Paddy when he's resting.

1) Trengove trained all preseason as our second KPF.

2) By circumstance, not by choice.

3) If you're thinking we play 2 KPF in the forward line at all times, you're right, it's not going to happen. From what I've seen, we play one in the forward line at all times, and the other drifts down to be the bail out for the dump kick out of defence to create the space we need to do the slow, methodical build up you talk about.

This whole White selection and dropping has shaken my faith a little. Or maybe it's my sanity which was questionable anyway. I'm wondering if Ken stared into the time vortex that is Malcolm Blight for a little too long.

Not that these selections will make any difference to the result.

Such a Chocoesque fortnight.

You know what? Let's give White a run. I know he hasn't played a full game of top-flight footy since 2015 and we're playing one of the flag favourites away from home. I've just got a feeling...

... ahh I'm dropping Whitey to the SANFL. I know we've been emphasising speed and he'll be much better for the run against a much softer opponent on our trackmeet of a home deck, but meh *swipes chin*

Such a Chocoesque fortnight.

You know what? Let's give White a run. I know he hasn't played a full game of top-flight footy since 2015 and we're playing one of the flag favourites away from home. I've just got a feeling...

... ahh I'm dropping Whitey to the SANFL. I know we've been emphasising speed and he'll be much better for the run against a much softer opponent on our trackmeet of a home deck, but meh *swipes chin*
Liked for Chocoesque.

Exactly. That's why we put Trengove up forward. Eddy isn't ready to shoulder the responsibility of being the second forward in an AFL side at the moment.

We don't need to put Trengove back. That was only ever done because Pittard was missing and Hinkley wanted to protect a group of young defenders (Clurey, Byrne-Jones, Houston) from getting exposed by Adelaide when Hombsch pulled out.

Eventually, Eddy comes in when he has the fitness to play how Schulz played and swap out with Dixon so, like Adelaide and GWS, we've always got one key forward being the conduit into the forward line and two operating forward.

That's how I've always seen it.
I still think 2 key forwards AND a lead up is the way to go. I'd still have Eddy in.

You seem to keep chopping and changing what you are saying.

First you were defending Kenny for bringing in White and only playing one key forward. Now you are saying two talls plus Eddy is what you have wanted all along?

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

I'll bump it.

But with Koch assuring Ken he will be coach in 2018 I'd like a thread asking for him to be replaced too.

1/4 time.

Do you know we stopped scoring and lost momentum the moment we emptied the forward line and pressed deep?

The obvious is to keep doing what worked.

But Ken is too smart for the obvious

Now we see what changes Bolton might bring in to nullify us

I'll bump it.

But with Koch assuring Ken he will be coach in 2018 I'd like a thread asking for him to be replaced too.

1/4 time.

Do you know we stopped scoring and lost momentum the moment we emptied the forward line and pressed deep?

The obvious is to keep doing what worked.

But Ken is too smart for the obvious

Now we see what changes Bolton might bring in to nullify us

There is no way Port will win a flag while Kern is coach, the fruit tingles would be 60 plus in front of a rabble like the blue baggers. :(

*Bump*
I am done. I'll never regain my faith in KH. Not even if we beat some minnow by 200 points. I am done with Hinkley.
He belongs to our past. An era of MyATM and Soaring Securities. When no one else would coach us. We are better than that off the field. It is time to make the right changes on the field.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

*Bump*
I am done. I'll never regain my faith in KH. Not even if we beat some minnow by 200 points. I am done with Hinkley.
He belongs to our past. An era of MyATM and Soaring Securities. When no one else would coach us. We are better than that off the field. It is time to make the right changes on the field.
Didn't take long! So typical!
:rolleyes:

There's a pattern here with our West Coast games.

2015: Schulz injured mid game, left on. Young eventually subbed off for Ah Chee, while Jay can barely raise a gallop on one leg.
2016: Dixon playing as deep forward rocking a pair of bricks for hands, which was not unusual for that year.
2017: Dixon kills it as a more traditional CHF, however that leaves us a little short up front and we squander inside 50 after inside 50.

If only we had some sort, oh, I don't know, reliable second KPF target? If only...

Nah, can't be that. Just throw Sam Gray, Jake Neade, and a woefully out of sorts Boak down there.

Last edited:
So predictable. Pretty annoying.
yeah nah just ask Kern we keep playing like that a top 4 scalp is but moments away..

Never mind the eagles went through us like last nights vindaloo and centre clearance was a highway to goal for them

And with Diko killing it we had nothing else to kick to so sacrificed our ruck dominance for another option....

# whatdidwelearn ?

Apparently not a damned thing

There's a pattern here with our West Coast games.

2015: Schulz injured mid game, left on. Young eventually subbed off for Ah Chee, while Jay can barely raise a gallop on one leg.
2016: Dixon playing as deep forward rocking a pair of bricks for hands, which was not unusual for that year.
2017: Dixon kills it as a more traditional CHF, however that leaves us a little short up front and we squander inside 50 after inside 50.

If only we had some sort, oh, I don't know, reliable second KPF target? If only...

Nah, can't be that. Just throw Sam Gray, Jake Neade, and a woefully out of sorts Boak down there.
If only
Ha ha

The worst part is if we just kicked straigher we could have pinched it. I don't buy in to theory of just swapping around the accuracy and we win, but the sheer weight of our scoring shots to theirs shows we were doing something right.

It's become our thing though, that we don't pinch any anymore. We haven't pinched one since maybe the semi final?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back