Society & Culture I've never been in a fistfight. What's it like?

Remove this Banner Ad

It was stupid how whenever a fight broke out at school everyone else would gather around in a circle chanting "fight fight fight", all that did was draw the attention of the teachers on duty who would race in to break it up.

One day we decided to play a prank on the teachers by forming a circle and chanting "fight fight fight" when there was actually no one fighting. sure enough a teacher came charging in to break it up only to realise there was no fight going on. He still gave us all a serve for making him look like a dill.

In a way I reckon you could adapt, if you got used to taking enough hits and the initial shock wears off. Like an AFL player or player in a contact sport braces and prepares for contact taking a punch you'd adapt to what to expect. That's the only explanation I can think of why Boxers or Cage fighters can stand it.

One day we decided to play a prank on the teachers by forming a circle and chanting "fight fight fight" when there was actually no one fighting. sure enough a teacher came charging in to break it up only to realise there was no fight going on. He still gave us all a serve for making him look like a dill.

Brilliant :D

Will anyone admit to fighting dirty? Costanza style.. idk what is off limits: groin, eye gouging, spitting.

Actually from my POV the latter one is definitely off limits. If someone ever did that to me, it would be on.

I've never been in a fist fight either, let alone punched a head I didn't like without a second something....

*can't remember the thread title*

A couple. They're pretty stupid really and I've been fortunate enough to never been coward hit. All the punches thrown and received feel like a wet lettuce and nothing goes where you want it to. Most are either broken up and just end with a sort of verbal surrender of people just reverting back to yelling profanity at each other when they realise the physical isn't working out. There's always that horrible chance though that you get hit hard in the wrong spot and it causes real damage. Nothing is worth that. Always walk away, and if that doesn't work, run. Since those times, I've never lost a fight by less than 50 metres.

The hardest I've been hit in a fighting situation is when a mate of mine had a complete meltdown on the turps and started hitting himself in the face so I ran in to tackle him to stop him and he managed to land a few square on my face and eyes. I like to think I won as I threw him to the ground. Then he came to his senses and we had a bit of a chuckle about it.

Outside of that some MMA, boxing, and footy field fights. I always enjoyed them. Good fun. Not like street fights.

40224_464578535428_4212460_n.jpg

Best advice I ever got was from grandad who told me to wear steel capped boots on every trip to the pub or the football, and aim for the shins. "Don't worry about that fancy karate stuff, get yourself some big heavy boots," he said.

Has held me in good stead.

The only negative was the day we got chased down the street by an unruly mob, and I thought to myself gee the Reeboks would have gone alright here.

Then I discovered these bad boys:

maxresdefault.jpg

Alloy:cool:

Brilliant :D

Will anyone admit to fighting dirty? Costanza style.. idk what is off limits: groin, eye gouging, spitting.

Actually from my POV the latter one is definitely off limits. If someone ever did that to me, it would be on.

Me and another kid at primary school got hauled up to the principal's office and threatened with the cane for spitting at each other.

There are far worse things than spitting imo like punching or eye gouging, being spat on might be disgusting but it isn't going to hurt you yet it is still seen as one of the worst things you can do.

I've never got the idea of going out simply to maybe get in a fight and hit someone and feel that rush. I'm a pretty small sorta frame but at the same time I still don't want to hit a school kid.
Some people simply shouldn't drink as well. I've seen it plenty of times with perfectly likeable blokes who'll have one too many or drink something that they shouldn't and a red mist descends, and they want to fight anyone.

Like others have said, it's all a bit of a blur and once it's over and the adrenaline is still pumping your body is trembling like crazy and you can't stop it. If you've been punched it takes a good hour or so before you start to feel the pain.

One end of year party in year 11, some people had evidently decided to take the opportunity to air some grievances they had during the school year. Anyway multiple fights broke out and the party got dispersed. In the confusion as I was trying to leave the driveway, somebody was blocking my way and I tried to push past them, he turned around and punched me in the mouth. I was a bit drunk and confused and didn't see who it was, and I didn't think they hit me that well. I was wrong. The next morning I woke up and my mouth and jaw was in absolute blinding pain, I couldn't believe it. Anyway it turned out to be one of my best mates at the time who hit me.

I tried to stay away from trouble when i was in high school but I was ok at sports and was the smart one of the group so the bullies sat next to me to cheat in exams and if they got bad grades i was the one who was blamed. A lot of the time it was ok but there was one guy who was slightly schitzo, and would turn without me realising and he would punch me for nothing to amuse the rest of the group. One day he turned and I had had enough. Instead of running, I smashed the bully in the jaw as hard as i could. I know i hit him hard cos i broke a knuckle. He did not flinch, wiped his face and was shocked that there was blood. He chased me and beat me to a pulp. I could not win. I think that was the last time he beat me he left at the end of year 11 but school could suck sometimes.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Me and another kid at primary school got hauled up to the principal's office and threatened with the cane for spitting at each other.

There are far worse things than spitting imo like punching or eye gouging, being spat on might be disgusting but it isn't going to hurt you yet it is still seen as one of the worst things you can do.

Well, maybe we can meet and I'll spit on you and see how you like it.

Like others have said, it's all a bit of a blur and once it's over and the adrenaline is still pumping your body is trembling like crazy and you can't stop it. If you've been punched it takes a good hour or so before you start to feel the pain.

One end of year party in year 11, some people had evidently decided to take the opportunity to air some grievances they had during the school year. Anyway multiple fights broke out and the party got dispersed. In the confusion as I was trying to leave the driveway, somebody was blocking my way and I tried to push past them, he turned around and punched me in the mouth. I was a bit drunk and confused and didn't see who it was, and I didn't think they hit me that well. I was wrong. The next morning I woke up and my mouth and jaw was in absolute blinding pain, I couldn't believe it. Anyway it turned out to be one of my best mates at the time who hit me.
You returned the favour no doubt?

Some people simply shouldn't drink as well. I've seen it plenty of times with perfectly likeable blokes who'll have one too many or drink something that they shouldn't and a red mist descends, and they want to fight anyone.
I've only ever once been the antagonist to the physical start of an altercation. Was a newbie workmate who was also drunk and started getting very lippy. Didn't like him much and I'd had enough and grabbed him by the throat. Luckily some other mates stepped in before it got out of hand but I've always regretted doing that and been ashamed of my actions.

I'm never angry or violent on the booze, yet it once was the catalyst for me acting out like that. Alcohol is great but can make you do terribly stupid things.

1 fight where I was involved. Mate was getting jumped out in town so I helped him out. Got away unscathed.

1 I wasn’t involved. Mates got in a scuffle in a night club I stood back and said to myself they’ll be right I’m not getting involved. Big brute of a bloke that was a mate of the other guys in the scuffle came across and King hit me breaking my eye socket and nose. Had to have a plate put into my eye socket.

Never been in a fight ever. Once in about year 3 I pushed a kid into a wall cos he was teasing my brother and he got concussed. But that's it.

Most of the time you'll find the people that tend to start fights often usually have an inferiority complex to go with giant wangs on their heads and deserve to be belted.

Have had a few with my shithead nephews in the last few years. Well, the last one wasn't really a fist fight. My nephew just came up behind me and clocked me from behind.

Have had a few with my shithead nephews in the last few years. Well, the last one wasn't really a fist fight. My nephew just came up behind me and clocked me from behind.
play fight or serious?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back