Toast I have faith in Ken Hinkley

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Not sure about contract situations but for mine Neade, White, Toumpas, Ah Chee and Monfries need to improve too or they'd be cut.

Neade got a two year extension last year until the end of 2018. If it was up to me I wouldn't have given him one, let alone two.

White, Toumpas and Ah Chee are goneskis at end of the year IMO. Monfries could be in trouble too. I also wouldn't be surprised to see Clurey leave for more opportunity if he isn't regularly selected this year.

Clearly you haven't seen the pressure act stats m8.

I've mentioned this before, but Mr. Forward Pressure averaged 3.7 tackles per game last year. Jared Polec, who despite being one of the most talented guys on our list was dropped twice as a result of a lack of defensive pressure, averaged 3.6.

White, Toumpas and Ah Chee are goneskis at end of the year IMO. Monfries could be in trouble too. I also wouldn't be surprised to see Clurey leave for more opportunity if he isn't regularly selected this year.
I thought Arch looked good friday, no suprise that Angus and White are n there way out given the position they play and age.

I've mentioned this before, but Mr. Forward Pressure averaged 3.7 tackles per game last year. Jared Polec, who despite being one of the most talented guys on our list was dropped twice as a result of a lack of defensive pressure, averaged 3.6.
Carn, midfielders have about 5x the opportunity to tackle that forwards do.

I would like to see the pressure act stats though. And I don't disagree with you that Neade doesn't get nearly enough of the ball, nor score enough goals.

Ken Q&A on AFL facbook page.

"You see that machine over there?" *pointing to the lower limb holocaust machine*
"I want White, Gray and Broadbent on it. Now."
"Oh and set it to...high."
"No wait, better make that...off the bone."

Hinkley not shying away from Koch's bold finals declaration

"He [Koch] is only saying what a lot of people are thinking," Hinkley said.

"He is probably a bit more direct but I don't think it is a big issue for us." ....

"Let's understand the business. It's a pressure industry. It's performance based. It's all about winning and losing and we know there is a consequence from all of that," Hinkley said.

Hinkley not shying away from Koch's bold finals declaration

"He [Koch] is only saying what a lot of people are thinking," Hinkley said.

"He is probably a bit more direct but I don't think it is a big issue for us." ....

"Let's understand the business. It's a pressure industry. It's performance based. It's all about winning and losing and we know there is a consequence from all of that," Hinkley said.
I wonder if the kosh goes apeshit behind closed doors, like flipping tables, throwing manilla folders.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

So for a side that has been wanting to improve their skills and game plan

Hinkley comes out with "we havn't done much match simulation"

?????????
Match sim is just chucking them out there and telling them to play. He's said we've [allegedly] done a lot of structural working which means putting people in the structures and working your way through them slowly stopping every few kicks/handballs/errors to correct it talk about it and start again.

So for a side that has been wanting to improve their skills and game plan

Hinkley comes out with "we havn't done much match simulation"

?????????

I was having a lovely chat in the match thread about this topic. If this is true it looks like Hinkley is betting on the JLT series plus the remaining match sims at training to come good by round 1. Unfortunately preseason is about allocation of scarce resources and if you have to allocate more resources towards skill drills, you have to take some away from other areas.

It sure is risky to come out for the first hitout knowing you're going to look significantly more rusty than another team, especially when you've missed finals 2 years in a row, and the team that you are playing is in a very similar position to your team.

Yeah risky might not be the word I'm looking for.

Even if we don't make the finals this season I don't expect Ken to go, unless he makes that decision himself, and is prepared to take a lesser pay out, which I assume would be unlikely.

If we are still performing crapola at the mid point of next season, that will be the time to give him the dcm.
Any earlier than that, and the fall out from yet another knee jerk reaction long term contract would have every possibility of returning the club, and its management, to laughing stock status, ala the Choco and Primus days.

Hopefully none of the above will be necessary, and the club will put a competitive team on the park every week that can win more games than it loses. :)

Very little about last night suggested that Ken and his assistants have us any better prepared this year.
That's not to say that we're not better prepared, just that we didn't show evidence of it.

Hope that changes quick smart over the next 2w.

I'd say the significant increase in DE% and particularly KE% as well as the several marks on a lead from deep inside 50 are a clear start.

I'd say the significant increase in DE% and particularly KE% as well as the several marks on a lead from deep inside 50 are a clear start.

Where are you getting your DE% stats from?

According to footywire our average DE% from last season was 70%

Last night (according to AFL Live App) was 69%

So pretty much the same...I don't know where to get KE% from though?

I agree those few passages of play to marks on a lead were :)

Where are you getting your DE% stats from?

According to footywire our average DE% from last season was 70%

Last night (according to AFL Live App) was 69%

So pretty much the same...I don't know where to get KE% from though?

I agree those few passages of play to marks on a lead were :)
Quoted during the telecast.

Even if we don't make the finals this season I don't expect Ken to go, unless he makes that decision himself, and is prepared to take a lesser pay out, which I assume would be unlikely.

If we are still performing crapola at the mid point of next season, that will be the time to give him the dcm.
Any earlier than that, and the fall out from yet another knee jerk reaction long term contract would have every possibility of returning the club, and its management, to laughing stock status, ala the Choco and Primus days.

Hopefully none of the above will be necessary, and the club will put a competitive team on the park every week that can win more games than it loses. :)

Nup. If we don't make finals this year he has to go. Either the message has been lost or he simply can't coach.

Hopefully none of the above will be necessary, and the club will put a competitive team on the park every week that can win more games than it loses. :)[/QUOTEYou jest surely ? , mid point NEXT season !

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back